v21 Can I take over Quartz Skin?
(2023-10-21, 13:40)jjd-uk Wrote: @nonJon Quartz is missing DialogColorPicker.xml & MyFavourites.xml
Hi,

Since the main author hasn't heard for almost a year (maybe something wrong happened to him?), I decided to fill in the gaps for him.
I've uploaded full working installer at: https://github.com/nonJon/skin.quartz/pu...2063129701
Everyone can test it.

I personally use this skin on my AndroidTV and would like it to remain in the Kodi repository.

Regards
If the original author isn't maintaining that skin anymore, you could ask them about taking it over.  There is a process to change maintainers of stuff that gets added to the Kodi respositories (which is mostly just ideally the original author letting the Kodi team know or some kind of meaningful evidence that the skin has been abandoned), and after that you'd be able to make the needed changes and get them submitted to the correct Kodi repo.
But this author hasn't replied to anyone in almost over a year - that's the problem.
I don't want to take ownership of his work, just make sure this skin continues to be available in the official Omega version Kodi repository as it was in previous releases.
Therefore, I decided to make the necessary changes to the skin code, until the author does it himself.
I would appreciate someone taking ownership.  In his day, @nonJon did fantastic work to maintain this skin.  I use the skin on 15 machines that I support.  But the last post on the Kodi forums from @nonJon was on 30th June 2023. 

I have managed to get Quartz to work on Omega by manually changing the addon.xml API level from 5.16 to 5.17.  At least, this will allow the skin to run.  But we still need someone to implement the new skin features, if possible.
(2024-04-19, 22:58)tele Wrote: But this author hasn't replied to anyone in almost over a year - that's the problem.
I don't want to take ownership of his work, just make sure this skin continues to be available in the official Omega version Kodi repository as it was in previous releases.
If you have attempted to contact @nonJon and expressed your interest of taking over maintenance and he has not replied in a reasonable amount of time (say a month) then I cannot see a problem with you forking and resuming maintenance.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-22, 06:56)bfgane Wrote: I have managed to get Quartz to work on Omega by manually changing the addon.xml API level from 5.16 to 5.17.  At least, this will allow the skin to run.  But we still need someone to implement the new skin features, if possible.

That's where I started too. Then it turned out that it wasn't enough and I managed to add "Favorites" and "ColorPicker".
I would like to share my work, so I posted it on the official skin page on github - link in the first post of this thread.
I saw the examples for ColorPicker and Favorites that were in place in Github for the other skins.  Did these require modification for Quartz, or did you simply just embed the new XMLs (DialogColorPicker.xml, and MyFavourites.xml)?  I would have thought that other XMLs in Quartz would be impacted to at least invoke the code in the new XMLs?
Check my proposition - You have 2 options:
  1. Install from zip (installer version) - it's my little "mod" - changelog is comment above
  2. Use only "FIX for Kodi 21 Omega" (You have to manually copy files from zip to skin folder). This is just an update to meet the minimum requirements for the skin to be compatible with the Kodi Omega version.
Before You start - if You modified earlier XMLs by yourself, make copy of Quartz skin folder.

And after that, please, tell what You think about it.
I have used your ZIP on 4 installs.  I will advise what I think.
@bfgane
Any thoughts? Could you share your opinion?
I have used your ZIP file to install Quartz now on 10 machines.  In all cases, this has worked flawlessly.  Quartz comes up as a skin choice after installing the ZIP.  You select it, and it is working fine on Omega.  If I knew how to test favourites and color picker, I would, but I don't!  Smile  It would be nice to have the Quartz skin in the Omega repository.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I take over Quartz Skin?0