Restore kodi addons
Hi

I was having issue with kodi 21 hanging on startup when logo was showing

As I was troubleshooting, I was testing out if it was due to addons that cause this
so I renamed the addons directory to something else e.g. addon_bak..

After finding out that actual cause of the problem (not due to addons)
I got kodi to load but the addons are empty now (cos Kodi created new addons directory)

I deleted that addons directory and renamed my original folder "addons_bak" to "addons" 
but addons is still showing as empty in kodi.

I think kodi has created a new addons info file and wiped out the info file that stored all the addons that I got installed previously.

How can I restore all my previous addons again without needing to reinstall and setup each addon again?
Is there any file that has all the addons information that was installed?

OR

Do I need to reinstall and setup all the addons again (which is alot more time consuming and not preferred)?
(2024-04-19, 01:53)madmax2 Wrote: so I renamed the addons directory to something else e.g. addon_bak..
Which addons directory - the one in the Program folder, or the one in the Kodi data folder (wiki) and how many addons are affected?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-19, 02:11)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-04-19, 01:53)madmax2 Wrote: so I renamed the addons directory to something else e.g. addon_bak..
Which addons directory - the one in the Program folder, or the one in the Kodi data folder (wiki) and how many addons are affected?
C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

All of the addons are affected and not showing in kodi anymore even though the actual addons are still in that directory.
It's the one in C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data that has the settings for your installed add-ons. Look in C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\packages for all your add-ons to be re-installed if you wish, shouldn't be a big heart brake to re-install.
(2024-04-19, 15:18)PatK Wrote: It's the one in C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data that has the settings for your installed add-ons. Look in C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\packages for all your add-ons to be re-installed if you wish, shouldn't be a big heart brake to re-install.
addon_data folder is still there with the addons settings 
but when I go to Kodi > Addons, the addons are still missing.

Is there an info file Kodi looks at to know what addons are installed?
Where does it say renaming the addons folder is how to disable addons?  Did you backup the Kodi database folder when you did that the rename?  If not since you have the setting you may need to reinstall.

Martin
Renaming or deleting the addon*.db used to work. Find that file in your ..userdata/Database folder. Try renaming the addon*.db to addon*.db.bak. Now run Kodi and it should scan you addons folder and recreate the addon*.db file with the addons it finds. Worked for me, but YMMV. Good luck.
Have you checked Settings > Addons > My addons > All to see if they're just disabled?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restore kodi addons0