How I got my USB Dac Maverick to get right frequency in Debian 12, only ALSA
Thought I should share how i got right frequency rate on Debian 12, with only ALSA  (and its Kodi installation from backports), width my USB Dac Maverick Audio Tube Magic D2, HDMI to Nvidia card and motherboard soundcard disabled in bios.

After installation it was flipping order of cards on reboot, so the first thing I did was to set index for the cards.
IN /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf

Code:

options snd_hda_intel index=0
options snd-usb-audio index=1

Then I wanted to fix that ALSA set frequency rate on my USB card to 48000 Hz, what ever I played. What I understand format S24_3LE is standard for USB 2.0 (old computer), ALSA would only put out 16 bit format via USB, for some reason.

So I created a .asoundrc in my home directory, with following sink configuration:

Code:

pcm.device{
        type hw
        card 1
        device 0
        format S24_3LE
        channels 2
}
pcm.!default{
    type plug
    slave.pcm "device"
}

As I mostly play music and mostly by Spotify and other mp3 files and wav files and even sometimes CDs, wanted to have default mixing to 441000 Hz, if there is mixing  (do not know really as the USB card  is hw i.e. Direct hardware device without any conversion). But added in /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf the line:

Code:
defaults.pcm.dmix.rate 44100 

Then I got as Default card in Kodi gui for sound settings:  Default (Maverick Audio TE7022 Analog)
Configuration out: Optimized

Tested playing different sound formats and in other console (tty):

cat /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params  [ENTER]

Out -> the frequency rate of the file playing!

Hope this might be helpful for some one else. Opinions also welcome, as I also try to learn more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How I got my USB Dac Maverick to get right frequency in Debian 12, only ALSA0