Solved Struggles testing Omega, getting ready for upgrade from Nexus
Omega runs great until I add IPTV simple client then it just keeps crashing, is there a work around for this? If I remove simple client then all is good again. Thanks.
This is puzzling. There is no difference in the upgrade part of the logs 1 and 3.
In all logs except #3 there seem to be other db accesses at the same time. There is the unlikely possibility of one of those access holding a lock that gets in the way of the movies listing.

I'll throw a few things to avoid many back and forth.

Please turn on "database" component logging in addition to debug mode.
You'll then find in your log several lines with variations of "select * from movie_view".
The one logged when you navigate into Movies is most likely "select * from movie_view  WHERE isDefaultVersion = 1", but confirm it for yourself by matching the time of the log line for example.

Execute the query with a mysql frontend of your choice on the same computer that runs Kodi to check if the time spent matches the time reported in Kodi's log.

Also provide the output of the query, prefixed with "EXPLAIN "
ex."explain select * from movie_view where isdefaultversion = 1;"

It could make things easier to have both good and bad db around on your server under different names.
However a straightforward database rename operation was made obsolete some time ago so the official way is now to use mysqldump to export and reinject into a new database with a different name...
If you're more adventurous, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6709...chema-name has a few scripts to rename without dumping.

In advancedsettings.xml you can add a <name> tag inside <videodatabase> to connect to one or the other. It acts as a prefix (ex. <name>bad</name>), Kodi will automatically append the version number (131) to connect, so name the db accordingly.

Last thing I can think of is a text file comparison of a dump (mysqldump) of the good and bad db.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you @CrystalP for the suggestions.  I will give them a try when I have some time.  Been a bit busy lately.  I am keen to know why I am finding different behaviours.  But at the moment, I have a working 131 DB!  Performance is great!  All of the posters are now fully repopulated in my TexturesDB, and Kodi comes up spritely on my 3 Nvidia Shields and multiple PCs.  If not for the 'greater good', I might be thinking 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
@Karellen - please mark this thread as solved.  I decided to do a clean install of Kodi before launching into any detailed debugging.  And since that time, I am unable to reproduce the database issues.  @CrystalP - thank you for your review of my detailed logs.  If the problem reoccurs, I will investigate further.  But for now, I am enjoying Omega.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Struggles testing Omega, getting ready for upgrade from Nexus0