v21 Confluence (Omega)
(2024-03-22, 05:36)bossanova808 Wrote: Yep, definitely handy - thanks!

Everything looks pretty good to me - certainly no major issues.

Only bug I have found so far is that if you have CU Lyrics installed (doesn't matter if it's selected as the Lyrics add on or not) - the lyrics come up as an overlay and can't be focussed or cleared.  There was a bug from well back - https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/issues/173 ...I hacked in a fix for it back then - but something definitely gone wrong again (confirmed with stock Confluence with this PR)
Done: https://github.com/Hitcher/skin.confluen...23b04ad6f1
Awesome work again, thankyou!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I installed Confluence via the zip file and it got installed successfully. However, after launching it there are no thumbnails that appear on the top row when I choose Movies or TV. It's blank. What gives?

Also when I go to System->Media->Library->Videos and I select one of several hard drive from my Windows Server - some hard drive folders open while if I go to another hard drive and select a folder containing movies, it suddenly quits. This never happened in the previous Confluence with the previous Kodi.

What could be wrong or how to fix this?
How do I hide "TV Shows" from Main Menu Buttons?
(2024-04-06, 21:44)blueribb Wrote: How do I hide "TV Shows" from Main Menu Buttons?
Install the latest release: https://github.com/Hitcher/skin.confluen...master.zip
(2024-04-06, 17:42)ManilaByNight Wrote: I installed Confluence via the zip file and it got installed successfully. However, after launching it there are no thumbnails that appear on the top row when I choose Movies or TV. It's blank. What gives?
Enable 'Show recently added videos' in the skin settings.

(2024-04-06, 17:42)ManilaByNight Wrote: Also when I go to System->Media->Library->Videos and I select one of several hard drive from my Windows Server - some hard drive folders open while if I go to another hard drive and select a folder containing movies, it suddenly quits. This never happened in the previous Confluence with the previous Kodi.

No idea as that doesn't sound like a skin issue. Try again with Estuary and see if it's the same.
(2024-04-06, 23:42)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-04-06, 17:42)ManilaByNight Wrote: I installed Confluence via the zip file and it got installed successfully. However, after launching it there are no thumbnails that appear on the top row when I choose Movies or TV. It's blank. What gives?
Enable 'Show recently added videos' in the skin settings.
(2024-04-06, 17:42)ManilaByNight Wrote: Also when I go to System->Media->Library->Videos and I select one of several hard drive from my Windows Server - some hard drive folders open while if I go to another hard drive and select a folder containing movies, it suddenly quits. This never happened in the previous Confluence with the previous Kodi.

Nbut after that nothing appears.
o idea as that doesn't sound like a skin issue. Try again with Estuary and see if it's the same.

Tried other skins too but nothing appears. I can see my shared hard drives but no thumbnails appear on the Movies and TV selections. I can see Kodi is scraping but after that nothing appears.

Seems that I messed up my former Kodi system after installing this new upgrade. I t wrecked my set up. Now I have to start from scratch all over again and with more than a a thousand movie and TV titles this is a major headache. Thanks for the new Kodi Omeag as it appears it has damaged and messed up my previous Kodi Nexus setup which has been working perfectly since the beginning. I now think that Kodi Omega (using Confluence) is buggy and a major disaster.
You may have broken your Kodi install somehow via the Omega upgrade (of course you backed up first though, right??)

...but Hitcher's Confluence for Omega is working just fine in the general sense...have been using it all day here. 

The fact you're seeing the issues with other skins means it's not Confluence that is your issue, so perhaps ask for help elsewhere (and perhaps do so in a more friendly manner if you want people to actually help you...)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Your previous databases will still be in your userdata folder.
@bossanova808

Hi, do you know anything about why the keyboard layout got changed to these "accented characters" page instead of the old "special chars" page with @#! etc.?
Seems to be very weird to have all these somehow never used accented characters on a page but not even an "@" anymore (not even when activating "shift")?

Maybe i'm not aware about some reasons behind this change within Kodi.

Thanks Smile

Edit:
Ah. Just noticed that these special chars are in the top keyboard line when activating "Shift". Did not know that since i only actively use KodiDS 17. Question solved.
Still thanks! Smile I'll therefore also change the special char keyboard button for my skin for the later versions of Kodi.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Yep no idea when/how the keyboard functionality changed to be honest, I just noticed the label didn't make any sense for the actual placement of the various keys any more...
Thanks for the reply. purely fyi: If i checked correctly things seem to have changed with Kodi 19.
17 and 18 still use the old layouts where the button made sense.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Thank you Hitcher for resurrecting Confluence skin!  I've been using Confluence since it was first released, and I initially panicked after upgrading to Omega and seeing that it was no longer compatible.  Wonderful to have it back.
when adding the address above as a source, i am not getting a zip file.....am i doing something wrong or overlooking a step or just a dipchit??
@Karellen - given the issue with missing add-ons in the master repo are ongoing, and given the recent release of Omega (i.e. lots of folks busy trying to upgrade etc) - might be worth doing one of those forum notes pointing out people should be patient and wait for the mirrors to be fixed?

As clearly there is confusion ^

@hoofhearted247 you don't need to add any address, Confluence 5 has been released to the Kodi Master repository, officially.  Unfortunately there is an issue with the add-on mirrors, and it may take a little while to show up and be installable in your local Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence (Omega)0