Solved Omega Random Crashes
Hi all,

Wondered if someone could help - quite frequently Kodi is crashing for me; it seems to do this whatever I am doing; watching live TV, local videos, streaming via an app, listening to music or just it being on i.e. I can't replicate one action when it will do it. And it could do this 3 or 4 times in an evening. I appreciate I am using Omega; currently using Beta3 although the log file is from a couple of weeks ago when using Beta2 ((21.0-BETA2 (20.90.821) Git:20231210-979dbf5fe5). Platform: Windows NT x86 64-bit) - but if anyone can work out if there is something amiss with my setup that would be good to know?

Debug Log File is here - https://paste.kodi.tv/asuvohaguz.kodi

Many thanks for any help, if I've missed any vital info needed, please let me know.
Quote:quite frequently Kodi is crashing for me
Frequently, as in sometimes it's running smooth without problems. Given the infrequency of the issue, it becomes a Sherlock investigation, and I'm not that good at sleuthing with this size of log (nothing stands out) . Given the 45 errors and 98 warnings in the log, I can suggest the likely-hood of this.  Given the nature of beta, I guess I could skip this with 'wait for stable', but that doesn't help you much.

Something is pulling Kodi down mid play, the entire field of streaming video gives rise to network issues and given the plethora of scripts & add-ons, (disabling some of the potential offenders might help in the disclosure of the offender, starting with any add-on that has errors or warnings). Keep updating with a fingers crossed, that the fix is in, and in total failure: I'd do a fresh Portable mode (wiki) installation, ensure it's function and then build on that until a failure point.
quite a few non-standard addons any one of which could be creating issues

service.library.data.provider stands out as it's had a history with crashing https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3132851

script.embuary.helper is known to crash certain setups

service.upnext v1.1.9+matrix.1 you have a matrix (v19) version of an addon installed in kodi v21?

plugin.youtube2kodilibrary hasn't been updated since 2021 https://github.com/evantaur/plugin.youtube2kodilibrary

pvr.nextpvr version 21.0.1 when 21.0.2 is available https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.nextpvr

honestly, your setup looks way out of whack and the best recommendation is the portable mode suggested above, add addons slowly and see which crash, make sure everything is fully updated, do not install addons that are known to crash

edit:

and your Kodi version is the last beta, 21.0-BETA2 from almost 4 months ago 20231210, beta3 is available https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/windows/win64/
Thanks both, that's really helpful.

I'll uninstall a few of those old addons - not sure i use them, apart from Youtube2library (which I actually use a lot, but there's probably an alternative). Thought I did a fresh install when I went to Omega but maybe not. If that doesn't work, I'll do the Portable installation.

I did mention that I'd upgraded to Beta3 - the log was just from a few weeks back when I still had Beta2.

Thanks again.
As an aside, keeping a fresh o/s up  (reboot) can eliminate issues that are caused by external background programs or add-ons that utilize the network with sketchy code.
From what I see in log, suggest switch to Estuary skin for troubleshooting.  Agree if possible disable some of those "helpers" (might need to first disable Aeon MQ9 mod skin).  Not that knowledgeable about playback issues, but I think your first task is to recheck your nextpvr backend and the nextpvr client.  Might be worth going into windows kodi userdata "addon_data" folder and delete (or backup/remove) the settings.xml for nextpvr client then redo your settings from default.

scott s.
Thanks all - I uninstalled the helpers and not crashed as yet; only problem now is that Aeon MQ9 keeps asking to install them back in; I'll check in there to see if there is a solution. Switched to another skin for the time being to continue testing.

I seem to remember struggling to install the MQ9 Omega mod and having to install a previous version first, which might be why I have some old addons in there (apart from Youtube2library which I actively installed/use). Given all this and the way my system looks - do you think a fresh install would be a good idea?

Thanks
(2024-03-02, 10:43)Buff Wrote: Given all this and the way my system looks - do you think a fresh install would be a good idea?
This may be a rhetorical question, but given all the changes of late; I would definitely consider a fresh Portable mode (wiki) installation to see if it shakes the issue.
I was getting alote of crashes on Kodi v21 Omega and it made no sense to me that a newer version would do that so then i checked all my settings a sure enough the TIME and DATE was incorrect as soon as i fixed the issue its been working perfect, for 4 days now Ive been watching tv and movies without having to restart my android box, and its been on for 4 DAYS straight with no issues so far, for anyone else just check all your settings, it could be a easy fix.
@Franus We need a report back from the op (Buff) to close out this thread, but thanks for your comments.
Apologies @PatK -  I believe it was the MQ5 mod skin (perhaps in combo with the helpers) that was causing the issues. I swithed to the Arctic Zephyr Reloaded skin and all is fine - I also rolled back to Nexus, but plan to install Omega again soon.

Many thanks
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Omega Random Crashes0