• 25(current)
State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 2024
@bossanova808
I use Harmony 650 IR with AM6B+. Harmony is set as for X-Box (XBMC) with IR Power Button captured-transferred from original Ugoos remote. For me, it works satisfactory...
That's great, thanks for confirming.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Just had a thought i have a harmony hub and never used the remote that came with the hub, can I control the CoreELEC Kodi with it and if so which codes to use or is it better to program it
That is how I've been using Kodi on a Vero 4K+ for years now. I have the Harmony Smartcontrol and the Harmony Companion, both without a display, hence battery lasts 1+ year. Best Harmonys for me, I dislike using smartphone apps instead of real oldschool remotes.

If I remember correctly you can either control via IR or Bluetooth if your player and Hub offers it. You can select Kodi (or was it XBMC?) from the Logitech database and customize/change the buttons to your needs.

That was years of years ago, maybe your device itself is in the database so you won't have to use the generic xbmc nowadays.
Does anyone own Ugoos AM8 / AM8 Pro. If so, please do let me know of your experience. My main use case is Kodi +Moonlight Client.
I found this review :
https://www.eyalo.com/213024/review-ugoos-am8-pro/
It said using external USB and playing Kodi DV files will cause crash and reboot, which made testing harder. But i might be able to get around with Jellyfin Media Server.
What I don't know is if using CoreElec is mandatory for proper DV playback? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=427220017
My Windows mini PC has a Kodi server for normal SDR HD files sourced from third party cloud. Currently because DV can't play DV well I use FTV 4K for DV and other local content, then stream my Kodi server via Moonlight/Sunshine. It works nice enough, surprisingly...
But dayummm I'd be honest and say DV in FTV 4K felt so dark. The DV stuff link confirmed this, so I thought just maybe if I switch to Ugoos AM8 /AM8 Pro it could fix that issue, alongside the low powered cpu issue and aging problems, as now I also experience random reboots when using Kodi.
(Today, 06:34)teamrocket Wrote: Does anyone own Ugoos AM8 / AM8 Pro. If so, please do let me know of your experience. My main use case is Kodi +Moonlight Client.
I found this review :
https://www.eyalo.com/213024/review-ugoos-am8-pro/
It said using external USB and playing Kodi DV files will cause crash and reboot, which made testing harder. But i might be able to get around with Jellyfin Media Server.
What I don't know is if using CoreElec is mandatory for proper DV playback? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=427220017
My Windows mini PC has a Kodi server for normal SDR HD files sourced from third party cloud. Currently because DV can't play DV well I use FTV 4K for DV and other local content, then stream my Kodi server via Moonlight/Sunshine. It works nice enough, surprisingly...
But dayummm I'd be honest and say DV in FTV 4K felt so dark. The DV stuff link confirmed this, so I thought just maybe if I switch to Ugoos AM8 /AM8 Pro it could fix that issue, alongside the low powered cpu issue and aging problems, as now I also experience random reboots when using Kodi.

The Ugoos AM8 /AM8 don’t support fully Dolby vision, as posted on coreelec forums.
“The S928X is a paperweight at this point. I think that companies will either pressure Amlogic to release the necessary driver for CoreElec to support the S928X or other companies will start producing S922X-J devices. This is a huge cash cow for Amlogic/Ugoos and other manufacturers will want a cut. FEL support will become as common as the USB.“

Only the Ugoos AM6b+ and minix 22xj-Max

I upgraded from 20 year pc driven Kodi media player. Had some teething problems but plays everything. Would the new chipset. support do much more who knows as it could get av1 support I suppose.
Quote: 
The Ugoos AM8 /AM8 don’t support fully Dolby vision, as posted on coreelec forums.
“The S928X is a paperweight at this point. I think that companies will either pressure Amlogic to release the necessary driver for CoreElec to support the S928X or other companies will start producing S922X-J devices. This is a huge cash cow for Amlogic/Ugoos and other manufacturers will want a cut. FEL support will become as common as the USB.“

I upgraded from 20 year pc driven Kodi media player. Had some teething problems but plays everything. Would the new chipset. support do much more who knows as it could get av1 support I suppose.
Oh. I thought because AM8 /AM8 Pro is the successor it will automatically play everything better lol. I'd like to think AV1 support is nice for some futureproofing, though for real world situation I doubt AV1 (for Kodi) adoption rate would flourish quickly. Adoption of new standards are usually slow. Streaming services would definitely jump on it tho no doubt.
Ermm sorry I kinda bad at reading between the lines, did you mean that now you own AM6B or Minix 22xj-max running CoreElec? If so, do you think if it is possible to play DV (profile 8 is adequate) with the OS it shipped with (Android) and Kodi V21? I kinda want to have Moonlight Client
(4 hours ago)teamrocket Wrote:
Quote: 

Oh. I thought because AM8 /AM8 Pro is the successor it will automatically play everything better lol. I'd like to think AV1 support is nice for some futureproofing, though for real world situation I doubt AV1 (for Kodi) adoption rate would flourish quickly. Adoption of new standards are usually slow. Streaming services would definitely jump on it tho no doubt.
Ermm sorry I kinda bad at reading between the lines, did you mean that now you own AM6B or Minix 22xj-max running CoreElec? If so, do you think if it is possible to play DV (profile 8 is adequate) with the OS it shipped with (Android) and Kodi V21? I kinda want to have Moonlight Client

Here is a spreadsheet that tells you what is supported and what devices plays what.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0...=427220017
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
State of Kodi Media Players: Best Options in 20240