Plot font sizes
I've been asked by my wife to make the font size of the plot shown on the right hand side of TV Recordings and Videos|Files|Films|whatever.

I know its somewhere in the xml files for the skin but I'm having major trouble locating which item to change. Can anyone point me at the right file & location please
Please confirm which view you're talking about?

Is it Fanart view?

in which case it's here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...rt.xml#L48

or Shift view

in which case it's here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...t.xml#L195
To help yourself in future I'd suggest installing Notepad++ then you could look at https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels and see Plot is filled by $INFO[ListItem.Plot]

Then in Notepad++ you can search all files in a folder

If that doesn't get you to a label or textbox definition but to an variable or include then do a search for that, for example

jjd-uk

Thanks for that.

In answer to your first question - neither. I use Videos | Files | mySource | myFilmPath. eg I might go Videos | Files | Films | A | Ant-Man with the form title ending up as Movies / A

Notepad++ has been installed on my PC for many years, but the big problem is knowing what to search for to start with. Hopefully the links you've provided, combined with the info I found in a 2 year long thread complaining about the font size, will give me clue.
Layout is determined by the selected View Type you have selected on the left hand menu, other than those I posted above I don't know any others with plot on the right, all others that display plot have it on the left.
The one on the right is TV Recordings. I think you're referring to videos
@Caithness
If you haven't solved this already, the xml file you need is the 'Includes_PVR.xml' file. Then you need to seek out the <include name="PVRInfoPanel"> item within this file. At line 439 you should then see a textbox control item. A few lines down (443) you will see a label control item which contains the plot label at the very end of the line.

Since this textbox control has not specified a particular font, it will use the default as specified on the Defaults.xml which is font13. Depending on what font type you are using with Estuary (Skin default or Ariel), the size for font 13 is 30 for the skin default and 27 for Ariel.

So, if you wanted to increase the font size slightly, you could try something like this as an example:-

xml:
<control type="textbox">
<top>465</top>
<width>830</width>
<bottom>list_bottom_offset</bottom>
<font>font14</font>
<label>$VAR[FlagLabel,,[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Genre,[COLOR grey]$LOCALIZE[515]:[/COLOR] ,[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.ParentalRatingCode,[COLOR grey]$LOCALIZE[31017]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.TimerType,[COLOR grey]$LOCALIZE[803]:[/COLOR] ,[CR]]$VAR[RecordingSizeLabel]$VAR[ExpirationDateTimeLabel]$INFO[ListItem.Plot,[CR]]</label>
<autoscroll delay="10000" time="3000" repeat="10000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
</control>

You will notice I have now inserted a font tag into this textbox control item. The size of font14 is 33 for the skin default font type and 30 for the Ariel font, so using this font will increase the overall font size very slightly. If you want an even bigger size you could try font37 as mentioned on the Font.xml file.

Do bear in mind that all of the other the labels mentioned in front of the $INFO[ListItem.Plot,[CR]] will also increase in size as well. 
Also, this same info panel is used for the TV Channels, Recordings, Timer, Timer Rules and PVR Search windows as well.

Hope this helps in some way.
Thanks for the info. I ended up "creating" a couple of new fonts which are then used where I want different sized font.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plot font sizes0