How do I revert to an older version of an Add-on?
How do I revert to an older version of an Add-on?
Go to my addons, open up the details of the addon and check versions (or install manually from the addons git hist).
(2024-01-04, 09:52)Atreyu Wrote: Go to my addons, open up the details of the addon and check versions (or install manually from the addons git hist).
I am trying to revert to an older version of A4kSubtitles (https://github.com/a4k-openproject/a4kSubtitles)
1. How do I check the versions of the add-on?
2. How do I install an older version manually?
TIA!
Go to my addons, open up the details of the addon and check versions.
So Addons -> My addons -> Open the required addon info.
From here, you can choose versions. All available verriosn will be visible / installable.
...or download from git (location you mentioned). If unsure howto install manuallly, most gits have a good explanation how to do it.
Mostly just dowloading the zip and install. Recommended way is the first option.
I am sorry, but I still don't know how I can see the old versions so that I can revert to 3.09.0:
https://github.com/a4k-openproject/a4kSu...s/releases

Pick the version you want. It's from the releases link on the middle-right hand side of the GitHub page.
There doesn't seem to be a 3.09 version though, there is 3.1 and 3.0 (and many others).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I need to go back to the version before 3.10.0. I assume that is 3.9.0? Do I download the 3.9.0 source code (zip) and then install it in Kodi here?:
Yes. Although remember that if you install from zip, you won't get any updates etc that you would from a repo.

In this case that's probably an advantage, but for general reference it's worth noting.

Concerning version numbering etc, that depends on how the author has chosen to do it.
In this case they are only using the first two available digits, so yes I would expect 3.9.0 to be the predecessor to 3.10.0.
If you look in the link I provided above, the versions are basically in date order and 3.9.0 and 3.10.0 are both on the same day, so if it doesn't work I'd try 3.8.0 and see if that's any better.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2024-01-04, 20:31)viking2 Wrote: I am sorry, but I still don't know how I can see the old versions so that I can revert to 3.09.0:
There's your problem that skin is missing the 'Versions' button.

Yes,sorry about that. Was assuming default skin was in use Undecided.
Maybe it's easiest for OP to revert to estuary, revert the version and switch back...
The default skin (Estuary) is also missing the 'Versions' button:
I will try the manual zip install...

EDIT: I have Kodi v18.9 and it appears that this Kodi version do not have a 'versions' button for the add-ons....
I got errors when trying to install the v3.9.0 & v3.8.0 zips.
The last version that I could install w/o error was v3.7.0.

A4kSubtitles is then working again with v3.7.0 !

I don't understand why the later versions are not working and I don't know where to get support :-(
Usually there is an "issues" tab on github, but not for A4kSubtitles.

(I posted the issue with A4kSubtitles here : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3177917)
(2024-01-06, 02:39)viking2 Wrote: I don't know where to get support :-(

From what I can see this is an entirely third party addon, with no presence here on this forum nor it is one in our official repo.
So support is up to whoever has provided it, and as you already noted there's no issue tab in their GH page.

And given that the same project also supplies some banned addons (wiki) (although a4k seems to be ok) it may go some way to explain their desire to anonymity...

All that said, there are a few threads in the subtitles section (the one where you posted your other thread above) concerning issues with this addon, so it may be that it's not one to carry on using but to seek alternatives.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I revert to an older version of an Add-on?0