Video Versions - Kodi Omega (v21)
Is there a summary of the skin changes needed for the new Video Versions features anywhere yet?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2023-12-12, 01:40)bossanova808 Wrote: Is there a summary of the skin changes needed for the new Video Versions features anywhere yet?
I don't think so.  The feature is still very much in flux, and some of the conversations about it may affect how skins work with it.
Split this from the main changes thread as we like to keep that clean.

We have a new PR that will use the select dialog for the selection of what to play.

Change video versions and extra selection to use Kodi's stock select dialog
For the management dialog, the skinning engine changes thread documents the controls needed:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3173518

But pkscout is correct in saying that the state of that management dialog is *very* much in flux (emphasis on very!).
I'd expect several other changes to that dialog before we hit RC for Omega so you might want to hold off on it for a bit.

In terms of selecting the version to play, that uses the default detailed list in DialogSelect (id=6) (see Hitcher's comment above for PR for that change). If you want to add specific include or visibility conditions to DialogSelect only for versions/extras, you can check against "Window.IsActive(selectvideoversion)" or "Window.IsActive(selectvideoextra)" for what "mode" the dialog is in.

The items in the DialogSelect list are normal ListItems (e.g. can use ListItem.Art(poster) ListItem.VideoAspect ListItem.FileName etc.)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks - yep, will definitely hold off for a bit then & let you folks do your wonderful work.  Seems like a cool new feature!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Latest update:

1. Implement changes requested by several testers, to separate video versions from video extras at the GUI.
  • Introduce separate manage dialogs, one for versions, one for extras.
  • A manage dialog now contains one list instead of two before, containing either versions or extras.
  • Remove the two buttons to switch between versions and extras from the skin xml.
  • Add a "Extras" button to the video info dialog, next to the "Versions" button. Extras opens the manage extras dialog, versions the manage versions dialog

For skinners:

• Renamed DialogVideoVersion.xml to DialogVideoManager.xml
  • New window "videoextra" for manage extras, to be skinned in DialogVideoManager.xml
  • Window "videoversion" like before, to be skinned in DialogVideoManager.xml
  • Control ids stay the same. List with id 51 no longer available. List with id 50 contains the versions/extras
  • Both windows are quite similar wrt. skinning, see changes in this PR

2. Remove the button to switch between versions and extras from the select dialog.

For skinners:

• No changes in control ids etc.

3. When setting "Show video with multiple versions as folder" is active, in the content of the movie node only list versions, not extras.

4. Add translatable strings 'Add version', 'Add extra' and 'Set default', changed manage dialog to use them. Removed obsolete strings from Estuary strings.po

5. Video Info dialog: New icon for video versions and video extras (thanks Sam Fisher).

6. Cleanup some translatable strings. Fixes Naming of version-related buttons in context menu #24294
Here is the link to the respective PR. There you can find all the details, including the changes for Estuary for your reference: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24302
Is there a boolean condition who detects a Listitem of a video version set as default version?
Not yet.
Hi, I'm currently adding support for Video versions to my skin. Would there be a way currently, in skin or via addon/json, to expose the versions of a video to a container in the main videos window? I couldn't see anything that indicated this would be possible given the documentation on how these are added to the library but just wanted to ask if anyone had seen a way to do this
(2024-04-10, 12:03)realcopacetic Wrote: Hi, I'm currently adding support for Video versions to my skin. Would there be a way currently, in skin or via addon/json, to expose the versions of a video to a container in the main videos window? I couldn't see anything that indicated this would be possible given the documentation on how these are added to the library but just wanted to ask if anyone had seen a way to do this

xml:

<content>$INFO[Container(ID).ListItem.DBID,videodb://movies/videoversions/0?mediaid=,]</content>
Thanks @jurialmunkey! Can't wait to test this out later
(2024-04-11, 02:33)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2024-04-10, 12:03)realcopacetic Wrote: Hi, I'm currently adding support for Video versions to my skin. Would there be a way currently, in skin or via addon/json, to expose the versions of a video to a container in the main videos window? I couldn't see anything that indicated this would be possible given the documentation on how these are added to the library but just wanted to ask if anyone had seen a way to do this

xml:

<content>$INFO[Container(ID).ListItem.DBID,videodb://movies/videoversions/0?mediaid=,]</content>
hey @jurialmunkey I had trouble getting this to work, is it something you've done?

From what I could see looking at Container(50).ListItem.FolderPath in the new VideoVersions dialog, each type of video version has an id which would go where you have the 0 in the path you suggested. So all the video versions for a certain movie would be spread across different subfolders.

I added video versions as a new shortcut via skinshortcuts and indeed, I see Standard Versions /videoversions/40400/ and then the new video version type I added (Black and White --> 40417). 

I'll try tomorrow to see if xsp can be used to filter alll the videoversions with the same movie id, not holding my breath though
@realcopacetic - No need to change the 0, you just need to pass the DBID of the movie that you want the versions for to the mediaid= part of the path and it should work.

In library or info just use ListItem.DBID without Container prefix as it should be available directly to the window listitem. For e.g. in info dialog to display other versions I use:
xml:

<content>$INFO[ListItem.DBID,videodb://movies/videoversions/0?mediaid=,]</content>

Here's a quick test I did in the library using that exact content path above for a movie with versions and it displays versions correctly for me:

(2024-04-15, 01:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: @realcopacetic - No need to change the 0, you just need to pass the DBID of the movie that you want the versions for to the mediaid= part of the path and it should work.

In library or info just use ListItem.DBID without Container prefix as it should be available directly to the window listitem. For e.g. in info dialog to display other versions I use:
xml:

<content>$INFO[ListItem.DBID,videodb://movies/videoversions/0?mediaid=,]</content>

Here's a quick test I did in the library using that exact content path above for a movie with versions and it displays versions correctly for me:

Thanks I checked again and you're right, it's working well. My issue was I forgot to update a visibility condition on my list to display when an item with video versions is focused.
PS, Skin is looking 🔥🔥🔥!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Versions - Kodi Omega (v21)0