• 40(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)
(Today, 02:13)latts9923 Wrote:
UPDATE #24 - This will update the skin to v1.2.5

Image Bug fixes
  • There were missing parentheses in the new animated menu bar code. Thanks to Min2001 for reporting this!
@latts9923, Just applied latest update, (placed .zip under packages) and it took 3 seconds to update.
As far as I can tell the Multiplex view is working without any hiccups, I will let you know if I find anything out of the ordinary.
Thank you so very much! and please let us know if there is anything we can help with.
Best regards,
Gilogo.
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus and Omega, Aeon MQ 7 Nexus and Omega & Aeon MQ 8 Nexus and Omega Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
@latts9923

Same installation error as with MOD version 1.2.4.
Version 1.2.5 will only stop installation process with a forced KODI shutdown. I restarted KODI and MOD 1.2.5 finalizes settings and returns to home screen.  I tried MOD 1.2.5 on two different systems, same result.

Thank you very much for your continuing work on these skin MODS!!
(Yesterday, 23:49)latts9923 Wrote: @Gilogo
You're welcome!

@knarf2570
Here's a link for v1.2.3.

My Krypton userdata is located at C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata. All builds after that are portable installs. I have v1.2.5 ready to upload...just need to complete the Matrix and Nexus versions and it will be ready to rock.
Thanks. Downloaded it.
@latts9923

Just installed v1.2.5 from your repo on my Windows 10 system, Download took about 3 minutes and install was fine. However I still encountered the Finalizing Settings loop which required a forced closing of Kodi. Following the restart of Kodi the settings reset completed. Restoring saved settings worked fine.

One thing I did notice is that the script you added in attempt to make MQ8 info dialogues apply after settings restore doesn't work. It reverts them back default but the switches are on MQ8 even though the view is default MQ9. So, you still have to switch back and forth the same as before. I wonder if the addition of that script to the settings is possibly causing the loop?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.5
(Today, 02:32)Gilogo Wrote:
(Yesterday, 21:47)knarf2570 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 21:33)Gilogo Wrote: I had the same issue as others have mentioned here before where it takes too long to download, but only on my windows machines, on Linux it downloads and installs very fast.

@latts9923
So the problem could actually be related to the operating system. Maybe with the location of the Userdata folder in Windows?
Windows %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata

Could %APPDATA% be the problem? In my installation the folder is in the default location - so it is not redirected:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

I have admin rights on the PC I'm running it on.
If anything needs to be tested on Windows (11 - x64) after the release of 1.25, I am happy to help.
What I have done to make this process easier is to manually download the file via the link in the first post by Latts9923 and then placing the .zip file under %APPDATA%\Kodi\addons\packages once I start Kodi, it notifies me that there is an update and I manually apply it. (I have Kodi to notify and NOT download updates automatically).
I think auto-update or installing from the repo is not the problem - not for me either. I was initially able to install the new version via the repo without any problems (or it was done automatically in the background).
The problem starts - at least for me - when you follow the instructions after the update and save the settings and then reset them via the skin settings. Then the skin is in this endless loop.
Even if I install the zip the way you described. Even with a completely new Kodi installation without an existing Userdata directory.

I think there is a bug in the setup process starting with version 1.24. Any new function or variable that has been added will not be set correctly or checked correctly or recognized as not installed in the final setup. That's why this loop, which also occurs when you press the backspace key during the process.
The 1.23 from the ZIP could be installed without any problems.
(Today, 07:32)melons2 Wrote: @latts9923

Same installation error as with MOD version 1.2.4.
Version 1.2.5 will only stop installation process with a forced KODI shutdown. I restarted KODI and MOD 1.2.5 finalizes settings and returns to home screen.  I tried MOD 1.2.5 on two different systems, same result.

Thank you very much for your continuing work on these skin MODS!!
Same here.
(10 hours ago)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @latts9923

However I still encountered the Finalizing Settings loop which required a forced closing of Kodi. Following the restart of Kodi the settings reset completed. Restoring saved settings worked fine.
How do you close Kodi when it's in this loop? Via the task manager? I keep getting into this loop, regardless of whether I close it using ALT+F4 or the task manager. After the next restart the loop starts again.
(10 hours ago)knarf2570 Wrote:
(10 hours ago)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @latts9923

However I still encountered the Finalizing Settings loop which required a forced closing of Kodi. Following the restart of Kodi the settings reset completed. Restoring saved settings worked fine.
How do you close Kodi when it's in this loop? Via the task manager? I keep getting into this loop, regardless of whether I close it using ALT+F4 or the task manager. After the next restart the loop starts again.
@knarf2570
Yes, with the Task Manager.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.5
@Gilogo
You're welcome...and will do!

@melons2
You're welcome! I think Juan Mortyme might be onto something.

@knarf2570
You're welcome!

@Juan Mortyme
I didn't think about the Video Info reset script being the culprit. I took another look at that script and I removed some unnecessary code. Try another skin reset using this version of the script. After the reset, you should have "SHOW DEFAULT VIDEO INFO" enabled in the Top Menu and it should display the MQ 9 Video Info screen.
@latts9923 I can see View Type-38 but is inactive. My Inclides.xml. Includes_views.xml, Includes_views.custom.xml and Includes_views.default.xml list View Type-38 (661) and "View38-661_Multiplex.xml" file is in xml directory. What am I missing?.

Edit
Views.xml in "extras" directory also list View Type-38

Edit 2:
Resolved
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro, OMV NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)0