v21 pkscout's Estuary Mod
I discovered the problem. And it's a weird one I've never encountered before downloading anything from Github. On both Chrome and Firefox and in both Windows and Linux, if you simply right-click on the zip file and choose Save-as, the browser indicates the file download completed. However, in reality, it's an incomplete d/l. To get an actual download of this file to complete I had to click on it then click on the subsequent RAW link and that finally worked. Posting this in case it helps someone else. BTW: To any Kodi team members... shouldn't Kodi have some basic code that realizes if you're trying to install an addon from an invalid zip and deal with that gracefully (hopefully even providing a helpful message to the user) rather than crashing out of Kodi? Just a thought. Anyway, thanks again for this skin and your previous replies!
On a separate note, I read a post elsewhere on the forum in which it was mentioned that this mod returned the feature (which was removed in a prior Kodi version) to automatically show the on screen display when a video is paused. It was mentioned that if this mod's configuration setting to show the seek bar at the bottom was enabled it would also re-enable the OSD feature. However, when I tried that, it merely moved the seek bar to the bottom... nothing more. Therefore, I'm hoping there is indeed some way, within this current version of the mod, to have the on screen display automatically shown for the duration of the video being paused (screen burn-in is not a concern on my TV for various reasons) and then automatically hidden, based on the number of seconds specified with the configuration, when playback is resumed. If this can be accomplished, please let me know because it would be absolutely ideal. 

Thanks again for your wonderful skin mod. It is truly appreciated.
(2024-04-01, 18:07)firstofthewinterale Wrote: On a separate note, I read a post elsewhere on the forum in which it was mentioned that this mod returned the feature (which was removed in a prior Kodi version) to automatically show the on screen display when a video is paused. It was mentioned that if this mod's configuration setting to show the seek bar at the bottom was enabled it would also re-enable the OSD feature. However, when I tried that, it merely moved the seek bar to the bottom... nothing more. Therefore, I'm hoping there is indeed some way, within this current version of the mod, to have the on screen display automatically shown for the duration of the video being paused (screen burn-in is not a concern on my TV for various reasons) and then automatically hidden, based on the number of seconds specified with the configuration, when playback is resumed. If this can be accomplished, please let me know because it would be absolutely ideal. 

Thanks again for your wonderful skin mod. It is truly appreciated.
That was an accidental feature of the older versions of this mod because I completely messed up which window should be active.  Newer versions only move the seek bar to the bottom to be more consistent with the behavior in the regular version of Estuary.  I know some folks liked that bug, but the goal here has always been to keep this as close to the regular Estuary as possible.
Thanks for the explanation and I understand. If I may take one chance at convincing you, since the OSD behavior did actually exist by default in Kodi in the past, it doesn't seem out of line to offer it as an optional configuration option in the skin for all the people who found it useful. Just a thought. Thanks again!
Hi @pkscout
I know that you've always kept base with all the Estuary changes that have been made across the various versions so that your own mod is always up-to-date, but I wanted to ask where you actually go to get details of these changes? I've looked at the xbmc tree and then the history when on the Estuary folder, but this seems to list all the changes that have ever been implemented for Estuary as these go back several years. Is there somewhere I can go just to get details of the changes made to Nexus and the Omega?
Please forgive my ignorance, but my knowledge of all things github is still a little sketchy at times.... Wink
Any pointers or guidance would be much appreciated.
Thanks
You can use labels to filter PR's, so you'll want Component: Skin and the release label, for example for Omega:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pulls?q=is%...s%3Amerged

Then for Nexus change the release label. However this does relies on PR's being labelled correctly which they generally are these day.

Still not perfect as it will pick all skin related changes, however Estuary related changes will usually begin with [Estuary] in the title if the PR is from a team memeber, but this isn't strictly enforced so in some case you might have to make a judgement based on PR title.
@jjd-uk
That's perfect and just what I was looking for.  Smile
I had to take quite a lengthy hiatus from all things Kodi, but I'm now starting to get back into things again and picking up from where I left off.
Thanks again. Much appreciated.
(2024-04-15, 13:17)Dumyat Wrote: Hi @pkscout
I know that you've always kept base with all the Estuary changes that have been made across the various versions so that your own mod is always up-to-date, but I wanted to ask where you actually go to get details of these changes? I've looked at the xbmc tree and then the history when on the Estuary folder, but this seems to list all the changes that have ever been implemented for Estuary as these go back several years. Is there somewhere I can go just to get details of the changes made to Nexus and the Omega?
Please forgive my ignorance, but my knowledge of all things github is still a little sketchy at times.... Wink
Any pointers or guidance would be much appreciated.
Thanks
I see you got an answer, but I'll share what I do anyway.  I'm horrible at git, so every "point" release of Kodi I grab the copy of Estuary from the bundle on my development machine, then upgrade Kodi, then grab the new version of Estuary, and then do a diff between them.  Any files that I don't touch as part of my mod I just move over.  Those files that I do modify, I either hump through the changes by hand or, if the change doesn't affect something I've modified, merge the change using the diff functions in my text editor (BBEdit).  I am super old school for sure.  Wink
I sometimes do that as well, for which my tool of choice is Diffmerge for a nice side-by-side diff management.
Great stuff, that is super feedback.
When I originally forked Estuary, Matrix was already well established and I was able to keep pace with any changes as they happened using pretty much the same method as yourself. Hopefully, I will now be able move forward fairly easily, particularly as I've stayed on Matrix far longer than I ever intended too.... Blush
Thanks again. Much appreciated.
Cheers
For me the first point are these announcements in this threads:
Diving into them and following the PR gaves me the solutions in most cases. And of course, looking how Estuary has coded new features Wink
I made this account to say thank you for making this. It's amazing that this isn't just Estuary (Advanced).
Please offer a zip on your github, so it's available via the downloader app.
(2024-05-02, 09:09)lane_ftw Wrote: I made this account to say thank you for making this. It's amazing that this isn't just Estuary (Advanced).
Please offer a zip on your github, so it's available via the downloader app.
No idea what downloader app you're talking about, but you can get a zip of the Omega version of this at:

https://github.com/pkscout/skin.estuary..../omega.zip

That is not the optimal way to get this though, as the one for the next version of Kodi will have a different zip URL.  If you install my skin mod repo and then install this mod from there, when you upgrade to a new version of Kodi the skin will update to match your version of Kodi.
The downloader app is used on Amazon FireTV device to allow for easy download from URL links. For static links to specific versions you can use the Github Releases feature, you can see an example of one I did for Confluence here https://github.com/jjd-uk/skin.confluenc...tag/4.7.13 however it is a few extras steps that you may not want to bother with.
Hello @pkscout!
EDIT :   Deleted.  Found the answer I was looking for.   Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary Mod0