Maintenance Add-On for Kodi
ADDENDUM:

script.kcleaner (Kodi cleaner) does the maintenance job much much better and, in addition, has no illicit lineage. Look it up in the forum (or in github).
Using skins: customized Xonfluence, Unity, Amber, Estuary.
(2024-01-21, 12:53)DiMag Wrote: ADDENDUM:

script.kcleaner (Kodi cleaner) does the maintenance job much much better and, in addition, has no illicit lineage. Look it up in the forum (or in github).

It seems that the KCleaner add-on does not play nice with Kodi Omega (at least the modified version I had on my Kodi 19.x and 20.x.)

Anyone knows if EZ Maintenance+ works fine with Kodi Omega?
So I have installed EZ Maintenance+ on my Chromecast with Google TV KODI setup and apart from the settings regarding the cleaning of the cache at startup, I'd like to ask what the optimal settings would be for the Packages and the Thumbnails folder.

https://imgur.com/a/FRUdPaw

Actually, I'm having the thumbnails being stored on an SMB HDD via advancedsettings.xml (due to the low storage of the Chromecast). So I guess the settings about them in this addon is not relevant anymore for me ? Or does it mean that the addon will actually go to that SMB HDD location and try to delete the thumbnails from there (something I wouldn't want) ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/v...thumbnail/

Also, regarding the Packages. Should I set it up to delete all the packages ? Any suggestion about these settings ?

Thanks in advance.
(2024-05-01, 11:53)starkman Wrote: I'm having the thumbnails being stored on an SMB HDD via advancedsettings.xml.. So I guess the settings about them in this addon is not relevant anymore for me ? Or does it mean that the addon will actually go to that SMB HDD location and try to delete the thumbnails from there (something I wouldn't want)
If the path redirection works you have to set the maintenance addon to NOT clear thumbnails. If it works. I faintly remember from my efforts that path redirection does not work on AndroidTV ---but then I may be wrong.
Actually it would be great news if it works because you need cached thumbnails to speed up responsiveness.

If path redirection doesn't work but you still value system responsiveness you have to set up the maintenance addon to wipe only those thumbnails not in library.
(2024-05-01, 11:53)starkman Wrote: Regarding the Packages. Should I set it up to delete all the packages ?
Thanks in advance.

Yes, once installed they are useless. Even for archiving purposes - you are better off cloning your existing system and then restoring it afresh.

That being said, it doesn't harm to move your packages to a writeable network folder and have them there pure-from-source for archiving purposes. But move them you must; in themselves, package zips post installation are a huge bloat.
(2024-05-04, 08:23)DiMag Wrote:
(2024-05-01, 11:53)starkman Wrote: I'm having the thumbnails being stored on an SMB HDD via advancedsettings.xml.. So I guess the settings about them in this addon is not relevant anymore for me ? Or does it mean that the addon will actually go to that SMB HDD location and try to delete the thumbnails from there (something I wouldn't want)
If the path redirection works you have to set the maintenance addon to NOT clear thumbnails. If it works. I faintly remember from my efforts that path redirection does not work on AndroidTV ---but then I may be wrong.
Actually it would be great news if it works because you need cached thumbnails to speed up responsiveness.

If path redirection doesn't work but you still value system responsiveness you have to set up the maintenance addon to wipe only those thumbnails not in library.
I've actually tested this. The EZ-Maintenance addon does not see the manually configured redirection path (on my network HDD). So when I set it up to clean the thumbnails, it only does so by looking on the default KODI thumbnails folder. That's good. This way, the thumbnails cache remains intact (and is growing) on that network HDD path and KODI does not have to re-download and save the thumbnails each time it starts up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maintenance Add-On for Kodi0