Solution for getting Chinese Simplified/Traditional Subtitles from Opensubtitles.com
Hi,
Never had a problem finding Chinese Subtitles from OpenSubtitles.org but when I changed to OpenSubtitles.com it would only ever show English subtitles.

For anyone else having this problem, this is the solution I used.
(Obviously you have installed the OpenSubtitles.com Add-on and have added your OpenSubtitles.com account/password)
Now make sure the OpenSubtitles.com Add-on is the latest version 1.0.2 (at the time of writing). If it isn't, upgrade it.

Exit Kodi and add the following to your advancedsettings.xml
Code:
    <languagecodes>
        <code>
            <short>zh-cn</short>
            <long>Chinese (Simplified-ch)</long>
        </code>
        <code>
            <short>zh-tw</short>
            <long>Chinese (Traditional-ch)</long>
        </code>
    </languagecodes>

Start Kodi and navigate to [Settings>Player>Subtitles] then in the [Download Services] section, select [Languages to download subtitles for] scroll down and select Chinese (Simplified-ch) and Chinese (Traditional-ch) then select OK to exit.
You will now see Chinese (Simplified-ch) and Chinese (Traditional-ch) has been added next to [Languages to download subtitles for]

Now when you Search for Subtitles in the OpenSubtitles.com Add-on while watching a Movie or TV programme, Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional subtitles will be shown (if any).
Note: Not sure if it is a bug in the Kodi Add-on but it appears the default is always get English Subtitles too.
Sony KD-65A8H OLED : (Android) Kodi 20.2.0 | Onkyo TX-NR686 7.1 Atmos
QNAP TS-453B 16GB : 30TB by x2 Seagate 10TB ST10000NE0004 x1 Seagate 10TB ST10000NE0008 : QTS 5.1.1.2491 : HDStation 4.2.5 : Kodi 20.2.0 (My QNAP)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Solution for getting Chinese Simplified/Traditional Subtitles from Opensubtitles.com0