“Could not connect to server”
Having a problem. I have the Kodi remote. Pretty frequently on startup of the app, I get the message “Could not connect to server”.

The Kodi app is open. If I delete the host and readd it, then it will work. Any ideas so I don’t need to frequently delete and add the host? Thanks!
I assume re-adding means using "Find Kodi". If so, this sounds like your Kodi server gets a new IP address each time, and the App cannot connect to the last found IP. You have two ways to work around this:
  1. Let the server keep its IP. You should be able to enable a setting in the router to do this.
  2. Manually enter the localhost address of your Kodi server, which is your server name + ".loca.l". Example: The server description is "Kodi (my-server)". Then the localhost name is "my-server.local.".
To make this easier use I am already working on a change in the App which will allow you to configure "localhost" to be the preferred address type, and to be filled automatically. If you would register to the Beta Software via TestFlight you can have early access to such changes: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3001861

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
“Could not connect to server”0