Release Bello 9 for Nexus 20.xx (Available NOW through Kodi official repo)
@nessus what happened to the classic wave effect in the home menu i use to think I was in space when I use this skin pls bring that back or make it an option still one of the most amazing futuristic skins to date thanks for your hard work brother
https://github.com/Nessus85100/skin.bello.9#disclaimer

Disclaimer
  • No mouse support
  • No touch support
  • No games support
  • No support for GitHub installations
  • No vertical menu option
  • No BluRay/DVD cases options
  • No moving stuff in home menu from old Bello
  • and most importantly... NO COMMERCIAL USE!!!
(2023-07-18, 00:05)nessus Wrote: On second thought though, it makes sense that if the "Autohide" option is enabled the custom backgrounds that you have set should be visible.

In any case keep in mind that if one of the fanart/xxxx options is selected in the widget settings then the custom backgrounds are hidden.

In the next update i will add another check to show the custom backgrounds if the "Autohide" option is enabled.

Cheers
Nessus
Hi Nessus,

Just to let you know that the Skin logo reverts back to Bello on occasions. I've not been able to track down what makes it revert yet but it definitely did it when I switched skins, but it did it on 3 or 4 other occasions not linked to changing skin. No big worry to change it back & it might stay for a week or two.

Any update on the above changes for Fanart/xxx you hoped to implement & when the next version might be released?

Cheers

taurus35
(2023-08-17, 23:15)taurus35 Wrote: Hi Nessus,

Just to let you know that the Skin logo reverts back to Bello on occasions. I've not been able to track down what makes it revert yet but it definitely did it when I switched skins, but it did it on 3 or 4 other occasions not linked to changing skin. No big worry to change it back & it might stay for a week or two.
Ah crap!... i forgot one stupid line of code 😣
Will fix it in the next update

Quote:Any update on the above changes for Fanart/xxx you hoped to implement & when the next version might be released?
Not yet. First of all i am very busy these days with my day job and also i am waiting to fix an issue with the translations updates from Weblate.

Be patient 😉

Cheers
Nessus
Cool, thanks Nessus,

Look forward to the update when ready.

Cheers.
I've been waiting for an update for a long time, thank you very much indeed!

May have just found a minor bug though, which means I have to leave Kiosk Mode unused for now.

It appears that the Context Menus don't function 100%, once Kiosk mode is checked. That means the Context Menu options under "POWER" on the Home screen no longer appear in order to access Settings or Exit. It also prevents the Context Menu from showing options to resume playing from where last watched, or start from the beginning; when selecting a video you've partially viewed.

There may be a setting I missed to override it while in Kiosk Mode, but as yet I haven't found a workaround.

Cheers!
Hi there.. long time arctic zephyr user.. looking for a more regularly maintained skin.. Looks like Bello 9 could fit the bill.. there is just 1 thing i can't figure out..

I want a widget for my tv category that shows the latest shows there have been episodes added for.. but i don't want it to show 3 of them if 3 episodes have been added.. on AZ i have this working fine.. but i can;t find the right widget on Bello... can anyone point me in the right direction?
(2023-09-05, 15:41)ceejaynightwing Wrote: I've been waiting for an update for a long time, thank you very much indeed!

May have just found a minor bug though, which means I have to leave Kiosk Mode unused for now.

It appears that the Context Menus don't function 100%, once Kiosk mode is checked. That means the Context Menu options under "POWER" on the Home screen no longer appear in order to access Settings or Exit. It also prevents the Context Menu from showing options to resume playing from where last watched, or start from the beginning; when selecting a video you've partially viewed.

There may be a setting I missed to override it while in Kiosk Mode, but as yet I haven't found a workaround.

Cheers!
You are absolutely right. The Kiosk mode is messed up. Will fix it in the next update hopefully until the end of the week.
Thanks for spotting this

(2023-09-14, 23:51)danmedhurst Wrote: Hi there.. long time arctic zephyr user.. looking for a more regularly maintained skin.. Looks like Bello 9 could fit the bill.. there is just 1 thing i can't figure out..

I want a widget for my tv category that shows the latest shows there have been episodes added for.. but i don't want it to show 3 of them if 3 episodes have been added.. on AZ i have this working fine.. but i can;t find the right widget on Bello... can anyone point me in the right direction?
AFAIK Artic Zephyr is using script.skinshortcuts for the widgets and if i am not mistaken the LiveTV widgets are almost the same.
In any case if you can show me in more details (screens and post your script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml from Artic Zephyr in pastebin) which widget you want, i will see what i can do.

Cheers
Nessus
Update v9.0.5
  • Fixed profile thumb reset... again😁
  • Fixed Kiosk mode.
  • Show home menu custom backgrounds in all widgets when autohide option is enabled.
That's great, thanks Nessus.
Do you know how long roughly it takes to appear on the Kodi repo? Nothing showing yet.
After is picked up from someone in the team, it's a matter of few hours...
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-skins/issues/415
Hi @nessus is there a way to have a different icon for tv shows that you've already started watching?
(2023-10-04, 13:11)nessus Wrote: After is picked up from someone in the team, it's a matter of few hours...
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-skins/issues/415

Hi Nessus,

Just to let you know the skin updated today from the official repo & everything seems to be working perfectly so far.
Thanks again for all your efforts.
(2023-10-04, 16:05)danmedhurst Wrote: Hi @nessus is there a way to have a different icon for tv shows that you've already started watching?
Why don't you add the "In Progress" widget in home menu or use the "Hub" entry from the submenu?. You can also point the "TV Shows" entry in home menu to tv shows hub and access them all from there.

In any case, i don't like all these indicators (in progress, watched ect) and make no sense to me and clutter the UI. The only indicator used in Bello is for UnWatched items and sorry but it will stay that way.

(2023-10-08, 01:01)taurus35 Wrote: Hi Nessus,

Just to let you know the skin updated today from the official repo & everything seems to be working perfectly so far.
Thanks again for all your efforts.
Thanks for the suggestions and fixes

Cheers
Nessus
fair enough on the unwatched / watched status icons.. my main reason was to try and keep things the same for the wife whilst transitioning to Bello.

She will get used to it i'm sure... and if she doesn't.. i can always move out Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bello 9 for Nexus 20.xx (Available NOW through Kodi official repo)0