DVD drive conflicting with Raspbian OS?
I have a set-top box built with a Raspberry Pi 4 and running Buster 5.4.83  desktop.  On top of this I am running Kodi 18.7 and TVHeadend for the primary use as a Kodi media centre. 

I have recently been trying to integrate a USB DVD drive - which is proving very intermittent.  Occasionally (with a disc in) the icon will show up in Kodi and run correctly, but mostly frequently the disc icon appears briefly at startup and then disappears.  There are also various 'hangs' while some disc activity is taking place.   When I exit Kodi, there is very often a dialog box in Linux asking for the preferred way of handling DVDs or CDs.  It also shows the mapped drive on the desktop.   I suspect that the OS and Kodi are arguing about who should 'own' the drive.

Has anyone else come across this and/or can suggest a solution?
Solution now found:
          the intermittency was simply a marginal power supply to the USB DVD drive - many times it would work OK - other times it would cause issues.

The conflict between Raspbian and Kodi however was real and required editing the pcmanfm.conf file to prevent auto mounting i.e.

[volume]
mount_on_startup=0
mount_removable=0
autorun=0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD drive conflicting with Raspbian OS?0