• 17(current)
Release Kodi Selective Cleaner addon support
(2024-03-30, 21:15)jbinkley60 Wrote: I am beginning to compile a set of requested features for the upcoming version 1.0.6 of the Kodi Selective Cleaner.  It should be released sometime in April.  Here's a list of potential feature requests I have gathered so far.  Please review and provide your feedback. I plan to begin working on this next week and will likely have 1 or 2 test releases ahead of the official 1.0.6 release.

• Change cleaning seasons from displaying TV Show name to individual episode names
  • Add Analyzing / Cleaning videoversion table being released with Kodi 21
  • Add videoversion and videoversiontype tables to CSV export
  • Add MySQL support for checking missing Music database triggers to match SQLite
  • Add logging of Kodi version detected to KS Cleaner logger

These are not in any order of importance, just the order I received them.

Thanks,

Jeff

I will wait till video versions are implemented before trying this out. Looks interesting, thanks for developing and maintaining it!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-04-24, 19:03)ashlar Wrote: I will wait till video versions are implemented before trying this out. Looks interesting, thanks for developing and maintaining it!

Thanks for the encouragement.  I am a little behind schedule due to a last minute unexpected trip.  I've completed 1 of the 5 objectives for the next release.  In looking at the videoversion feature I can see a couple of orphan checks I can implement.  I'll try to get a couple more features added and post the first test release next week.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2024-04-25, 03:30)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2024-04-24, 19:03)ashlar Wrote: I will wait till video versions are implemented before trying this out. Looks interesting, thanks for developing and maintaining it!

Thanks for the encouragement.  I am a little behind schedule due to a last minute unexpected trip.  I've completed 1 of the 5 objectives for the next release.  In looking at the videoversion feature I can see a couple of orphan checks I can implement.  I'll try to get a couple more features added and post the first test release next week.

Jeff
Real life stuff has to go at the front of the queue. That's normal. Take your time, thanks again.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-02-17, 09:35)bossanova808 Wrote: Finally got a quick moment to test the test version - I went gung ho and 'cleaned all tables' of the video database (~46000 records, and I use profiles...) - all seems to have gone ok, no major breakage I can see....so I switched to our other profile (kids) - and ran it there too.

Again seems to work well, thanks!  Looking at the logs for both I can see it referring to shows I've moved between profiles or completely nuked, all as expected as far as I can tell in a fairly quick look.  Definitely working with profiles now, though.

Although when cleaning seasons it just shows 'name' rather than the actual show name, I think?

I've started working on this update to add the underlying TV series name vs. just the season number.  On the surface this is a simple ask in that I can grab the series name from the tvshow table.  However, as I look at the two orphan record checks for seasons one looks to see if there is a corresponding entry in the tvhsows table and the other in the episodes table. 

For the first check I can't add the TV series name because the entire reason the season is orphaned is that there is no matching tvshow entry.  So I can't display something which doesn't already exist. For the second test for seasons which have no matching episodes  I should be able to grab the series name. 

I am leaning towards a standard check for both cases to see if I can grab the series name and if not, just have the name field say "No matching TV Series found" or similar.

Thoughts ?

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Sounds reasonable to me - you can only show the information you can get.  If it's an orphan record, seems fair to describe it as such...you can't really do anything else if the data isn't there to be had!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I have posted the first version 1.0.6 test release to GitHub.  This version is 1.0.5a and contains the following updates:

•  Changed cleaning seasons from displaying season name to associated TV Show names
•  Added videoversion and videoversiontype tables to CSV export
•  Added logging of Kodi version detected to KS Cleaner logger

For those willing to test this version, I appreciate it.  I'll try to have the next test release in a week which will have 2 additional feature updates.

Thanks,

Jeff
I have posted the second version 1.0.6 test release to GitHub.  This version is 1.0.5b and contains the following updates:

•  Changed cleaning seasons from displaying season name to associated TV Show names
• Added videoversion table to the video database analyzer

For those willing to test this version, I appreciate it.  I'll try to have the next test release later this week which will have the fix missing music database triggers for MySQL databases feature.

Thanks,

Jeff
I have posted the third version 1.0.6 test release to GitHub.  This version is 1.0.5c and contains the following updates:

• Added videoversion table to the video database analyzer
• Added repairing of missing triggers for MySQL music databases.  Previously only detection was supported.

For those willing to test this version, I appreciate it.   At this point all feature requests have been added and this will be the final test release before v1.0.6.  I am going to spend some time on the Wiki page to improve installation instructions and more information on how to read the CSV log outputs and GUI message displays.

Thanks,

Jeff
Hey Jeff

Ok a few notes as a I along:

- for some reason, I ran this without config the first time (I guess I was previously using it with a Nexus install and hadn't yet configured it over on Omega...) - this lead to an immediateexception error. 
Given I can see in the logs:
KS Cleaner parse: mysql 192.168.1.72 3306 xbmc xbmc kodi_music_adults
-> I can't help but thing it could actually be clever enough to pop up  notification like 'Looks like you're using MySQL, have you configured this in the addon settings?' - or similar.  Or indeed, if it has all that info, perhaps it should just automatically use it?  Something more graceful anyway.

- VideoDB cleaning (All Tables) worked fine - as far as I can tell (once configured!) and the extra info in the log for seasons etc. is helpful. 
That said...it's hard to tell what is just 'KSC looked at this' vs. 'KSC did this' - in there.

- Music - For the Music DB Data Analyzer I get a 'feature not implemented yet' message - and a 'missing trigger analysis failure' in the logs. 
Thus I can't test this, I think?

- Happy to test further and or supply DB/settings type info to help (here or over on github whatever is easier really)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Oh - I also noted if I put the db names in manually (as I initially did), it would not connect (not found errors) - but if I left it set to 'Default' after choosing MySQL, no issue connecting - so I think there might be an issue with using the DB names from the settings.

(I think this was the case last time I used this too, just forgot to mention it!)
(2024-05-03, 00:27)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok a few notes as a I along:

- for some reason, I ran this without config the first time (I guess I was previously using it with a Nexus install and hadn't yet configured it over on Omega...) - this lead to an immediateexception error. 
Given I can see in the logs:
KS Cleaner parse: mysql 192.168.1.72 3306 xbmc xbmc kodi_music_adults
-> I can't help but thing it could actually be clever enough to pop up  notification like 'Looks like you're using MySQL, have you configured this in the addon settings?' - or similar.  Or indeed, if it has all that info, perhaps it should just automatically use it?  Something more graceful anyway.

I am not quite following what you did here and the specific error.  Was it set for local and you don't have a local music database ?  Seeing the exact error message would be helpful.

(2024-05-03, 00:27)bossanova808 Wrote: - VideoDB cleaning (All Tables) worked fine - as far as I can tell (once configured!) and the extra info in the log for seasons etc. is helpful. 
That said...it's hard to tell what is just 'KSC looked at this' vs. 'KSC did this' - in there.
Is this where I need to update the Wiki to provide more explanation of what it is doing ?  I am trying not to instrument the output too much but there is a balance.

(2024-05-03, 00:27)bossanova808 Wrote: - Music - For the Music DB Data Analyzer I get a 'feature not implemented yet' message - and a 'missing trigger analysis failure' in the logs. 
Thus I can't test this, I think?
Correct, right now I have not written the music db analyzer but KSCleaner does check for missing music triggers and will now replace missing triggers on MySQL instances.  If you want to test it,  go to the MysQl console query window and drop one of the 15 music db triggers (i.e. drop trigger tgrDeleteAlbum) then start KSCleaner.   It will detect the missing trigger and replace it.

Thanks,

Jeff
(2024-05-03, 00:29)bossanova808 Wrote: Oh - I also noted if I put the db names in manually (as I initially did), it would not connect (not found errors) - but if I left it set to 'Default' after choosing MySQL, no issue connecting - so I think there might be an issue with using the DB names from the settings.

(I think this was the case last time I used this too, just forgot to mention it!)

I'll have to comb through the code but I believe if you are using standard db naming then use Default and it won't properly process putting the standard names as a db name.  it expects db names to be nonstandard.  If I could see your adancedsettings.xml <videodatabase> and <musicdatabase> sections and the exact name you entered in the db name (or the Kodi  logs) I can try to reproduce this.  Because I don't run MySQL and such I need a bit more help with this type of testing.  I only have a test setup for development.

Thanks,

Jeff
AM at work now but will try and get to this over the weekend.  (I chose MySQL and put in the name 'kodi_video_adults', as it is, and it did not work.  Reset the addon to defaults, chose MySQL and left it to parse it, and it worked.)
(2024-05-03, 03:25)bossanova808 Wrote: AM at work now but will try and get to this over the weekend.  (I chose MySQL and put in the name 'kodi_video_adults', as it is, and it did not work.  Reset the addon to defaults, chose MySQL and left it to parse it, and it worked.)

That's the way it should work currently.  I presume, since Default worked, that 'kodi_video_adults isn't your database name or it picked it up from your advancedsettings.zml file when you changed  to Default  ?  A database name value overrides everything else, including the advancedsettings.xml file. 

Note that when you enter a database name KSCleaner appends a version number, based upon the Kodi version, to the name you enter (i.e. my_music_database becomes my_music_database83 with Kodi 21).  I am open to suggestions on how to make this more intuitive but with all the various naming and advancedsettings.xml values, this is the best I could come up with right now. 

Thanks,

Jeff
Hey - just installed this add on to try it out.

I am using MySQL dbs, and when I set it to them, it told me they weren't found. Is there a configuration that needs to happen? (I know they're up and working, just connected to them with another db tool)
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Selective Cleaner addon support0