• 68(current)
Req Kodi on LG Web OS
All other apps work fine on webOS so it's just Kodi that's broken at the moment. I think it needs another couple of months before it's actually stable enough for daily use. Patience is the only option currently I'm afraid.
LG C2 42 & 65 inch - WebOS 23

Doby Vision no longer works since latest update the other day?
On my LG GX it works like a charm, apart from out of sync audio on start/pause. Also, it's a shame that only passthrough is supported with eARC enabled which is a case in my setup.

Is there anyway to implement software decoding so that lossless formats are passed as 7.1/5.1 LPCM? I use this setup on my Shield TV which works flawlessly there.
@sundermann Stremio for webOS was recently officially released on the LG Content Store and it doesn’t seem to have any of the sync issues even after pausing, rewinding and/or fast forwarding. The source code is freely available on GitHub I believe so maybe those fixes could be merged with Kodi in the future? Smile
The difference is that Kodi is a native app while Stremio is JS and integrates directly with webOS for playback.
Is there any way to refresh content of flash drive beside rebooting TV? Not that it's hard or something, but there has to be a proper way.
(2024-05-05, 14:30)quietvoid Wrote: The difference is that Kodi is a native app while Stremio is JS and integrates directly with webOS for playback.

Interesting. So it’s not at all possible for the webOS version of Kodi to integrate directly with webOS for playback instead of reverse engineering and won’t be possible in the future either? Would it maybe be possible in the future to have the choice of using the native webOS video player as an external player do you think? Smile
Hi 
Sorr6bto bother 
is there any news for 5.1 optical output support ?
thanks
phil
Quote:Would it maybe be possible in the future to have the choice of using the native webOS video player as an external player do you think?

Even if we got option to use native player, you would loose some nice features. Like dolby vision with mkv file format. I believe native player supports dv with mp4 only.
(2024-05-07, 11:14)matthew6870 Wrote:
Quote:Would it maybe be possible in the future to have the choice of using the native webOS video player as an external player do you think?

Even if we got option to use native player, you would loose some nice features. Like dolby vision with mkv file format. I believe native player supports dv with mp4 only.

Yeah, but with the choice it would only be an issue with that particular combination and then it would fix sync issues in every other case. Win win if we have the choice for every file before starting playback Smile
has anyone installed this on a LG C8 and got DV MKV files to play? I installed Kodi v21 (Omega) from https://kodi.tv/download/webos/ but only smaller size files were playing. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to download logs and now my developer mode has somehow got reset even though I had 900 hours left on the timer so I will have to do the whole process & set up kodi again. Was wondering which version to install for DV MKV to work on a c8 webos 4+ (C8 is 4.4.2) 

TIA
(2024-04-15, 20:15)sundermann Wrote: DRM content is not supported at this time at all even if you manage to install the widevine cdm

Hi there is a plan to add DRM support on Kodi for webOS?

Thanks
Hi,
Could someone give me the compiled “pvr.freebox” for Kodi 20 ALPHA1 Wayland1 Branch?

Thanks
I Have a LG OLED C1 WebOS 6.3.3 and wanted to test the new Kodi 21, unfortunately my remotes OK button broke so I'm using the Kore android app to control my TV.
So while I was testing Kodi 21 on my TV I discovered that the TVs screensaver keeps activating even though I'm currently controlling Kodis interface.
So it seems that while controlling Kodi via the network the TV seems to not get any indication of the user activity, is there something I need to change or is this a limitation in the WebOS version of Kodi?
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on LG Web OS0