OS X KODI Adds Duplicate Episodes
Information 
Would anyone know why KODI adds a duplicate entry for each TV show episode that both point to the same file? I have complete TV show seasons that have double entries for every episode in the season. I have the watchdog service enabled that adds the episodes to the library when a file gets added to the proper NAS directory. Can’t figure out why KODI is doing this. Thanks in advance.
@kadeschs

Can you delete that show from the library. Then provide a Debug Log that captures the scraping of that show, and hopefully also the duplication.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well, I went into the video database file and deleted the duplicated episodes there for the one tv show that had upwards of 3 entries for each of the 100 some episodes.  I also did a library update in KODI afterwards.  Then I did what you recommended and deleted that show from the library and scraped it back in.  No duplicates.  Upon checking some of the other shows that also had duplicates, those also seemed to no longer have any duplicates.  The entire tv show library is fine now.  The only thing I can think that may be going on is that the shows reside on a NAS that goes to sleep after a time of inactivity and then wakes back up when accessed.  This wakeup time seems to be excessively long with this new NAS.  Long enough sometimes to cause KODI to timeout on trying to play something from the NAS for the first time.  I am using the Watchdog service that watches folders for deleted/added files.  Maybe there is something there causing the Watchdog service to re-add the same episodes.
I have exactly the same issue just after Updating Libreelec on Pi4b + i have tried refreshing re adding nothing work i get Duplicate episodes every time and both icons is Playable Episodes are renamed using "Rename my TV Series" so i conclude that the vault lies with KODI
(2024-02-13, 12:29)H3N7R1K Wrote: I have exactly the same issue

Please provide a debug log (wiki) showing your issue then.  Thanks.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI Adds Duplicate Episodes0