Stream stalling only when turning on subtitles on Kodi 19
Hi,
when I turn on the subtitles (.srt) in certain types of TV show episodes the streaming stalls after a bunch of seconds and then Kodi completely crashes. These are the errors I get.

Quote:INFO <general>: CVideoPlayerAudio:: Process - stream stalled
ERROR <general>: CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::Reset - receive frame failed: Resource temporarily unavailable (-11)

If I turn off the subtitles everything works fine. I have a Raspberry Pi 4 64 bit with Kodi 19 with an SMB share.

I really don't understand what could be the issue. Did someone run into the same problem?

If it could be of any help these are the rest of the logs:
Quote:INFO <general>: CVideoPlayerAudio:: Process - stream stalled
ERROR <general>: CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::Reset - receive frame failed: Resource temporarily unavailable (-11)
INFO <general>: CVideoPlayerAudio:: Process - stream stalled
INFO <general>: CVideoPlayerAudio:: Process - stream stalled
INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
INFO <general>: Closing stream player 1
INFO <general>: Waiting for audio thread to exit
INFO <general>: thread end: CVideoPlayerAudio::OnExit()
INFO <general>: Closing audio device
INFO <general>: Deleting audio codec
INFO <general>: Closing stream player 2
INFO <general>: waiting for video thread to exit
INFO <general>: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - initialize sink
INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Attempting to open device "hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0"
INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Opened device "hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0,AES0=0x04,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x00,AES3=0x00"
INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats
INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Using data format AE_FMT_S24NE3
INFO <general>: thread end: video_thread
INFO <general>: deleting video codec
INFO <general>: Closing stream player 3
INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
Not something I've heard of (and I regularly watch tv shows with srt subs).
Post a link to complete debug enabled log file (use a pastebin type site).
If kodi crashes then there should be a crashlog in ~/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash_log-<date>.log (you may need to install gdb to see this).

Providing a sample file that shows the crash could also be useful.
(2022-03-06, 01:03)NathanDrake Wrote: If it could be of any help these are the rest of the logs:

Complete logs, not snippets are always welcome. In particular when submitted via pastebin, and instead of being plastered directly onto the forum.
Ok, full logs here. I just noticed it actually ALWAYS crashes when enabling subtitles even with movies.
No one? Any ideas?
(2022-03-06, 19:37)NathanDrake Wrote: Ok, full logs here. I just noticed it actually ALWAYS crashes when enabling subtitles even with movies.
Okay - that's clearly not something others are seeing. If you have a spare sdcard, then testing with LibreELEC would be useful.
If it doesn't fail there, then it's not a core kodi problem and could be related to version of libraries installed on RPiOS vs LibreELEC.
If it does fail, then we need to work out why subs on libreelec work for me, but not you (perhaps something in encoding of your files, in which case get a failing sample would be useful).
I don't think encoding is the problem. Some months ago I had the exactly same device with Raspberry Pi OS 32 bit instead of 64 and everything was fine. I only changed in the last few months. The only difference is that at that time I had my movies directly connected to the raspberry through an external drive. Now I use an SMB share.
LibreELEC doesn't fit my needs but I'll try to install it when I have some time.
Thank you
(2022-03-07, 23:40)NathanDrake Wrote: LibreELEC doesn't fit my needs but I'll try to install it when I have some time.
Testing LibreELEC is to help narrow the problem down, rather than suggested as a solution for you.
I solved the problem.
I tried to install Raspberry Pi OS 32 bit on the same SD card and now everything works fine.
I suppose something in the combination Raspberry Pi OS 64 bit/Kodi doesn't work as it should.
Probably in some future patches everything will be fixed.
Great!
Mind sharing how/where you got that 32 bit build?
have an img of the build?
(2024-04-04, 16:02)Sasori7 Wrote: Great!
Mind sharing how/where you got that 32 bit build?
have an img of the build?
Install 32-bit RPiOS boookworm from here.
Run "sudo apt install kodi".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream stalling only when turning on subtitles on Kodi 190