• 21(current)
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi
(2024-05-05, 19:33)nikoli4 Wrote: I'm having an issue since the update.  I'm using version 1.5.1 but it did the same thing with 1.5.  When Kodi starts or when I try to open a ROM collection in AKL I get the error "Advanced Kodi Launcher error Failed to execute route or command".  The database migrations all show done except for 1.4.0_002.sql (Failed) and 1.4.0_003.sql (Failed).  Any suggestions?  

Here are the logs.

https://paste.kodi.tv/umuwareboc.kodi
Could you try to rebuild all the views. Available action in AKL addon settings.
Hi!

I'm quite new to linux, but not totally IT illiterate.

I'm trying to set up Kodi with videos, but also to launch emulators external to Kodi, that should be possible with this addon, right?

I have a hard time finding any conclusive guide on how to go about it, as everyone seems to refer to old guides to for example AEL, which has another interface and doesn't seem applicable.

I should with this add-on, be able to select an application i have installed in Ubuntu - like snes9x - and launch a rom with that from within kodi, right? and potentially any emulator or app I have installed? Correct? Could someone point me towards a guide or tutorial that shows how to do that?
(2024-05-06, 22:10)rigowar Wrote: Hi!

I'm quite new to linux, but not totally IT illiterate.

I'm trying to set up Kodi with videos, but also to launch emulators external to Kodi, that should be possible with this addon, right?

I have a hard time finding any conclusive guide on how to go about it, as everyone seems to refer to old guides to for example AEL, which has another interface and doesn't seem applicable.

I should with this add-on, be able to select an application i have installed in Ubuntu - like snes9x - and launch a rom with that from within kodi, right? and potentially any emulator or app I have installed? Correct? Could someone point me towards a guide or tutorial that shows how to do that?

That is totally right. Install AKL and the default plugin and you are ready to go.
Basic steps to follow:
- Add a source (where are the game files / roms)
- Add a launcher (in your case Snes9x)
- Associate the launcher with the source
- Scan and have fun

You can also check out the Retroarch plugin to add Retroarch as the emulator instead of having to work out all the arguments etc. 
For more check: https://github.com/chrisism/plugin.program.akl/wiki
For those who want a Running start, quick short guide, go to: https://github.com/chrisism/plugin.progr...ning-start
I have an issue thar occured when updated to version 1.5. Launchers are somehow broken or mixed.
1. I cant delete existing launchers
2. I can create new launchers, but cannot allways assign them to a source. Ie. when i assing newly created launcher of my nes emulator akl assings other launcher which is for snes.

I have 3 old launchers that were assigned to collections. I deleted those collections and started using sources instead. I tried to delete these launchers but nothing happens.
I have manually edited roms assets etc. so i would not like to reset whole database. I looked in the akl.db and could fix the launchers by editing the db, but if there is another way, i'd be hsppy to know.

And lastly thanks for great addon that is essential to Kodi experience!
(2024-05-07, 21:09)jpukki Wrote: I have an issue thar occured when updated to version 1.5. Launchers are somehow broken or mixed.
1. I cant delete existing launchers
2. I can create new launchers, but cannot allways assign them to a source. Ie. when i assing newly created launcher of my nes emulator akl assings other launcher which is for snes.

I have 3 old launchers that were assigned to collections. I deleted those collections and started using sources instead. I tried to delete these launchers but nothing happens.
I have manually edited roms assets etc. so i would not like to reset whole database. I looked in the akl.db and could fix the launchers by editing the db, but if there is another way, i'd be hsppy to know.

And lastly thanks for great addon that is essential to Kodi experience!
Do you have some logs perhaps? I might be able to see what has been gone wrong.
I did notice some weird behavior with the launcher associations with collections, like the not being able to actually delete them. So I might roll out a hotfix soon for this.

Important, there is a akl.db.bak file that is made before it executes migrations. And another like akl.db.v105.bak or something when it is migrating. You can find them in the addon_data directory. Make an extra copy as soon as possible when you are playing around with the database and or migrations. In worst case you can also then remove the current one and put the .bak version in place. After that you execute the migrations manually through the menu.
I tried rebuilding all views but I get an error that says "failure processing command "Render_views"".  

Here are logs just in case.
https://paste.kodi.tv/xuporugapo.kodi
(2024-05-08, 18:14)nikoli4 Wrote: I tried rebuilding all views but I get an error that says "failure processing command "Render_views"".  

Could you check the addon settings, go to advanced and then 'Run database migrations'. I have a feeling you are missing some database migrations.
(2024-05-08, 20:51)chrisism Wrote:
(2024-05-08, 18:14)nikoli4 Wrote: I tried rebuilding all views but I get an error that says "failure processing command "Render_views"".  

Could you check the addon settings, go to advanced and then 'Run database migrations'. I have a feeling you are missing some database migrations.
The database migrations all show done except for 1.4.0_002.sql (Failed) and 1.4.0_003.sql (Failed). When I try to run them again they just fail.
(2024-05-08, 21:03)nikoli4 Wrote:
(2024-05-08, 20:51)chrisism Wrote:

The database migrations all show done except for 1.4.0_002.sql (Failed) and 1.4.0_003.sql (Failed). When I try to run them again they just fail.
Read the post from me a bit up. In the addon_data directory for plugin.program.akl you can find the akl.db.bak file. Make a backup both of the .bak file and the current one (akl.db). Then you can always go back to the current state. 
You can copy the akl.db.bak over the akl.db. Then your database is restored to the version before the upgrade. After that you can try to execute the migrations again.
You should probably only need the 1.5 migrations though. Upgrading from a 1.4 version.
If you encounter issues with the migrations and backups you can send me a private message.
here is a log file where i try to delete a launcher:

https://paste.kodi.tv/aledabeqob.kodi

I just noticed that in the addon settings menu, i dont have anything about database migration. I was thinking that maybe i was doing something with the plugin at the momnent it updated to newer version.. 

Howerver in the akl.db i found these rows in the akl_migrations table:

migration_file|applied_version|execution_date                   |applied|
-----------------+-------------+-------------------------------------+-- ---+
1.2.0.sql         |1.4.0          |2024-04-26 16:21:31             |      1|
1.5.0_001.sql |1.5.0          |2024-05-03 22:48:11.505933|      1|
1.5.0_002.sql |1.5.0          |2024-05-03 22:48:11.711386|      1|
1.5.0_003.sql |1.5.0          |2024-05-03 22:48:11.816387|      1|
1.5.0_004.sql |1.5.0          |2024-05-03 22:48:11.841388|      1|
(2024-05-09, 10:11)jpukki Wrote: here is a log file where i try to delete a launcher:

https://paste.kodi.tv/aledabeqob.kodi

I just noticed that in the addon settings menu, i dont have anything about database migration. I was thinking that maybe i was doing something with the plugin at the momnent it updated to newer version.. 

Howerver in the akl.db i found these rows in the akl_migrations table:

migration_file|applied_version|execution_date                   |applied|
-----------------+-------------+-------------------------------------+-- ---+
1.2.0.sql         |1.4.0          |2024-04-26 16:21:31             |      1|
1.5.0_001.sql |1.5.0          |2024-05-03 22:48:11.505933|      1|
1.5.0_002.sql |1.5.0          |2024-05-03 22:48:11.711386|      1|
1.5.0_003.sql |1.5.0          |2024-05-03 22:48:11.816387|      1|
1.5.0_004.sql |1.5.0          |2024-05-03 22:48:11.841388|      1|
These all look fine. There is a RC in the beta channel 1.5.2 which solves being able to delete launchers. Will probably roll out the stable release next week. Waiting if any other issues come up.
(2024-05-05, 19:33)nikoli4 Wrote: I'm having an issue since the update.  I'm using version 1.5.1 but it did the same thing with 1.5.  When Kodi starts or when I try to open a ROM collection in AKL I get the error "Advanced Kodi Launcher error Failed to execute route or command".  The database migrations all show done except for 1.4.0_002.sql (Failed) and 1.4.0_003.sql (Failed).  Any suggestions?  

Here are the logs.

https://paste.kodi.tv/umuwareboc.kodi
After working with chrisism we were able to get this working again.  I had a backup of a previous version that I restored, then ran the upgrade again with the newest beta (1.5.2 rc2), then rebuilt root views and rebuilt all views just to be safe.  Everything is working great now though I'm not exactly sure what caused the problem with the initial migration.  Thanks again for all the help and development work on this project!
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi0