• 3(current)
Release Full bluray and 4k uhd bluray menu support for Android
(2021-03-18, 02:37)themightydeity Wrote: @fandangos

This version doesn't seem to have libaacs, is it possible to include that within libbluray so we can pass KEYDB.cfg file.
By default libaacs looks in `XDG_CONFIG_HOME` or `HOME/.config` for `aacs` directory which could easly be replaced with `special://home/.config/aacs/KEYDB.cfg` in case of Kodi in Android.

If it's just a matter of exporting a path, yes I can do it but with a newborn here I don't see this happening anytime soon.
(2021-03-18, 17:03)fandangos Wrote:

This version doesn't seem to have libaacs, is it possible to include that within libbluray so we can pass KEYDB.cfg file.
By default libaacs looks in `XDG_CONFIG_HOME` or `HOME/.config` for `aacs` directory which could easly be replaced with `special://home/.config/aacs/KEYDB.cfg` in case of Kodi in Android.

If it's just a matter of exporting a path, yes I can do it but with a newborn here I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Congratulations with a newborn, enjoy every moment, they will grow very fast. I myself also am taking care of a 8 month old.

Going through libbluray's source it looks for libaacs.so file in same path as libbluray as you can see it in dl_dlopen function here https://github.com/fandangos/libbluray/b...dl_posix.c.
I could try to build this myself, just need to understand where should I put libbluray and what should I pass to ./configure to include your libbluray instead of using system's libbluray.

If you have the build script somewhere, could you share that? I will check this out in the weekend if I can do this myself.

Thanks for your work.
(2021-03-18, 17:39)themightydeity Wrote:
(2021-03-18, 17:03)fandangos Wrote:

Congratulations with a newborn, enjoy every moment, they will grow very fast. I myself also am taking care of a 8 month old.

Going through libbluray's source it looks for libaacs.so file in same path as libbluray as you can see it in dl_dlopen function here https://github.com/fandangos/libbluray/b...dl_posix.c.
I could try to build this myself, just need to understand where should I put libbluray and what should I pass to ./configure to include your libbluray instead of using system's libbluray.

If you have the build script somewhere, could you share that? I will check this out in the weekend if I can do this myself.

Thanks for your work.

Let me give you an easier solution.
Take my JRE addon and add the file you want inside the j2re-image zip file. This will get extracted in the same place libbluray looks for JAVA_HOME.

Wouldn't that work?
(2021-03-18, 19:17)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-03-18, 17:39)themightydeity Wrote:
(2021-03-18, 17:03)fandangos Wrote: If it's just a matter of exporting a path, yes I can do it but with a newborn here I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Thanks for your work.

Let me give you an easier solution.
Take my JRE addon and add the file you want inside the j2re-image zip file. This will get extracted in the same place libbluray looks for JAVA_HOME.

Wouldn't that work?

Hmm.. I could try that and see that. I need to build libaacs for Android first.

I doubt it will work though, I am not able to totally figure this out but scanning the source here https://github.com/fandangos/libbluray/b.../bdj/bdj.c, it looks like paths where it is trying to find BDJ_J2ME are different from the path where it is looking for libaacs. But lets see what will happen.
I registered to the forum just to say thank you for this amazing work, ive been testing with  a bunch of blu rays and 4k blu rays on nvidia shield and i would say 95% works perfect. This is something i wanted for a very long time so again i appreciate all your effort and time developing this amazing feature. Thank you very much. I think there's a lot of people  out there that want this but dont know this post, maybe you can post it on reddit or similar, I know your make others happy like me. Sorry for my English, greetings from Uruguay.
(2021-04-02, 15:16)mpose46 Wrote: I registered to the forum just to say thank you for this amazing work, ive been testing with  a bunch of blu rays and 4k blu rays on nvidia shield and i would say 95% works perfect. This is something i wanted for a very long time so again i appreciate all your effort and time developing this amazing feature. Thank you very much. I think there's a lot of people  out there that want this but dont know this post, maybe you can post it on reddit or similar, I know your make others happy like me. Sorry for my English, greetings from Uruguay.

From Brazil here but never made to Uruguay.

I believe full bluray and 4k bluray playback is something many wanted but the work involved was a show stopper.

There's not many that care, but the ones that do, care a lot.

Feel free to spread the word about this thread.
Hope many more can enjoy it.
(2021-04-03, 02:33)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 15:16)mpose46 Wrote: I registered to the forum just to say thank you for this amazing work, ive been testing with  a bunch of blu rays and 4k blu rays on nvidia shield and i would say 95% works perfect. This is something i wanted for a very long time so again i appreciate all your effort and time developing this amazing feature. Thank you very much. I think there's a lot of people  out there that want this but dont know this post, maybe you can post it on reddit or similar, I know your make others happy like me. Sorry for my English, greetings from Uruguay.

I believe full bluray and 4k bluray playback is something many wanted but the work involved was a show stopper.

Totally right!!
We are nearby!! I've been in Brazil a couple of times(pelotas,camboriu,florianopolis,bombas y bombiñas, etc)
With your permission im going to share it on reddit, i know there's a lot of people that cares.
Thank you very much again, Obrigado Smile
If i can make you a question, i've been trying to try the pop up menu(see it in other post), i don't know if im the dummy or this build is not made for this yet. I push the selected button on the nvidia shield and only put pause on the movie.
(2021-04-03, 15:37)mpose46 Wrote:
(2021-04-03, 02:33)fandangos Wrote:

Totally right!!
We are nearby!! I've been in Brazil a couple of times(pelotas,camboriu,florianopolis,bombas y bombiñas, etc)
With your permission im going to share it on reddit, i know there's a lot of people that cares.
If i can make you a question, i've been trying to try the pop up menu(see it in other post), i don't know if im the dummy or this build is not made for this yet. I push the selected button on the nvidia shield and only put pause on the movie.

Open the kodi OSD and select the menu icon.

If a pop up menu exists it will show, if not it will take you to main menu.
(2021-04-03, 17:14)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-04-03, 15:37)mpose46 Wrote:
(2021-04-03, 02:33)fandangos Wrote: From Brazil here but never made to Uruguay.

Totally right!!

Open the kodi OSD and select the menu icon.

If a pop up menu exists it will show, if not it will take you to main menu.
I had the artic horizon skin and when I press play/pause button and then the select button apperar the controls like stop play fast forwar etc, but i dont know why the person who made the skin erase the home button. I put the default skin and now when i press it apperar the home button. When i press pop up the menu disc? Is that the pop up menu? Thanks.
I have Nvidia Shield Pro with 64 bits (AARCH64) build install, what do I need to install to get the BD/UHD MENU to work?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2021-04-12, 03:12)movie78 Wrote: [font][font]У меня [/font][/font][font][font]установлена ​​сборка[/font][/font][font][font] Nvidia Shield Pro с  [/font][font]64-битной (AARCH64) сборкой.[/font][font]  Что мне нужно установить, чтобы заработало МЕНЮ BD / UHD?[/font][/font]
[font][font][font][font]Java
64-битный (AARCH64) аддон:
[/font][/font][/font]
[/font]

[font][font][font][font]https://github.com/fandangos/JRE-Kodi-An...ce.jre.zip[/font][/font][/font][/font]
Install the 64 bits (AARCH64) build and Java Addon works great on my Nvidia Sheild Pro but there are few things that need fixing and this will be primetime.

Here are the 2 things that i thinks will be great.
  • 1- A ways to bring back the UHD/BD MENU 
  • 2- HDR activate perfectly on HDR Movies but I would like if they add support for DOLBY VISION UHD BD.
@fandangos Thank you for your work..
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2021-04-13, 13:51)movie78 Wrote: Install the 64 bits (AARCH64) build and Java Addon works great on my Nvidia Sheild Pro but there are few things that need fixing and this will be primetime.

• 2- HDR activate perfectly on HDR Movies but I would like if they add support for DOLBY VISION UHD BD.
@fandangos Thank you for work..

1. Hold the play button for 2 seconds, when the kodi OSD shows up press down or the ok button, can't remember.
You will see many actions like fast forward, chapter skip, one button is a house, press it.
If the disc has a pop up menu it will show, if not main menu it is.

2. Not possible as far as we know, the shield can't decode several hevc streams for proper DV support on UHD disks.
(2021-04-13, 14:53)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-04-13, 13:51)movie78 Wrote: Install the 64 bits (AARCH64) build and Java Addon works great on my Nvidia Sheild Pro but there are few things that need fixing and this will be primetime.

@fandangos Thank you for work..

1. Hold the play button for 2 seconds, when the kodi OSD shows up press down or the ok button, can't remember.
You will see many actions like fast forward, chapter skip, one button is a house, press it.
If the disc has a pop up menu it will show, if not main menu it is.

2. Not possible as far as we know, the shield can't decode several hevc streams for proper DV support on UHD disks.

1- Works great OSD then DISC Menu
2-I guess we have to wait for the next Nvidia Shield Pro.

Great job Kodi is now looking very matured.

@fandangos Thank you for your work..

Whatch out theres some skins that not have the house icon to go back to the menu(that happeened to me, default skin has it). What said fandangos below your post is right.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full bluray and 4k uhd bluray menu support for Android0