• 15(current)
Release Full bluray and 4k uhd bluray menu support for Android
And is there a reason to install it today, or those possibilities are already included to 21 Omega?
Is there a way to install script.service.jre-arm-v1.2 addon from any repository? That’s because my TV has some rootless Android 11 version, so Kodi won’t see .zip files on any external source (e.g. flash memory or LAN device), and I won’t copy it to internal one or change its files access permission, either. So to install it from some repository is my last chance.
I used the X-plore app on my Sony android TV, put the .zip on my PC and installed it across my home network.  No need to copy it to the TV first (although I'm pretty sure X-plore copies it to the TV's temp files).
Yes! Suddenly I’ve got it. Not with SMB share but from USB disk attached directly to router. Thank you!
This thread, and the availability of these features, seem pretty confusing…
AFAIK, Kodi Omega was only officially released a couple of weeks ago, and was only made available on the Play Store a couple of days ago, yet this thread from Feb 2021, last updated Feb 2023 purports to offer a fuller featured version?
The Play Store version _appears_ to support BluRay Menus, but in reality does not as it is is missing a JRE; the only JRE for the Shield that comes up in searches is fandangos; but fandangos JRE does not appear to work with the official release… there is also another flavour Kodi build that seems to be called “Maven” of unexplained relationship to fandangos 15-month-old HDR build…
From the hype, I was humbly hoping that the new Omega release would give me both better DV and BluRay menu compatibility on my Shield Pro…
Can anyone please clarify if this thread’s promotion of a 15-month-old build is really still sensible today?
@BoyWombat As far as I know the official Kodi versions do not include the changes that @fandangos added to get blu-ray menus working.

You are correct that there are the alternative Maven builds and they still have the required changes, even in the Omega builds.

I just tested Maven's 20240430 build together with fandagos' JRE addon 1.2.0 and blu-ray menus still work. On the Shield just make sure you use the 64-bit build of both Kodi and the addon.

I've always found the controls when running with blu-ray menus rather finicky though. I was never able to find a good key map to properly control the menus.
What I know, which isn't much:
The Fandango build hasn't been updated to Omega and/or released yet.  I don't know if it's in the works.
What I do know is it supports DoVi and Java Script Blu-ray menus.  Standard Kodi does neither.  It only supports HDR10 and standard menus.

I haven't actually found any new feature in Omega yet, so I have no problem with that.
@MrMagic Thanks for the reply - in the official build the system settings option for BluRay Menus warns you that you need a JRE for full functionality, which is misleading if it doesn’t actually do much… also surprising that there doesn’t seem to be a working JRE for Shield available for it.
i had actually already tried a Maven build and got working animated menus with access to special features etc. which was quite cool, altho the playback itself seemed to suffer a little, appearing choppier.
TBH tho, in the end the real reason I reinstalled the official Omega was the klunky Maven app icon… fine for the PC in the office, but not pleasant on the big screen in the Living Room where everyone in the family had to see it every day… a silly but crucial point Smile
@Landstander Thanks for the info, but not sure if you noticed the first 3 words in bold large font of fandangos post 1… “Kodi Omega build”.
This implies that there might well be a fandango Omega build Smile
it’s confusing that it’s dated 2021… assume it was updated to Omega in 23.

I understand the wrinkles around the different types of BluRay menus a little better thanks to your comment - it’s a shame there’s not more clarity in Kodi about this.
You're right.  I'm still pretty sure Omega still doesn't supports these features, but I just checked my TV and the version info says build 21.0-ALPHA1 (20.90.101)

So it's an alpha build of Omega, but the starting splash screen is Nexus so I never noticed.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full bluray and 4k uhd bluray menu support for Android0