Important Bye-bye DVBLink/TVMosaic
(2020-07-29, 21:29)debutanker Wrote: Unfortunately one down....
https://tv-mosaic.com/

Did anyone ask them if they would be willing to release the full source code of DVBLink as open-source (GPLv2 or GPLv3)?
(2020-09-10, 08:57)RockerC Wrote:

Did anyone ask them if they would be willing to release the full source code of DVBLink as open-source (GPLv2 or GPLv3)?
Yes, I asked them.

Sent them a mail with the following and a ticket (for what it's worth) was created:
Quote:Hello,
Sorry to see the TV Mosaic product and services closed. I’ll keep it short. I have some open points.
  • Is it possible to revert the TV Mosaic monitoring to the way things were with DVBLink? (Local monitoring rather than using TV Mosaic servers that are not working anymore) 
  • Why is stuff like the Wiki pages closed as well? There can still be useful information in there. 
  • Why not remove all licensing? To put it bluntly: you got your money, no hard feelings there. You will not sell new licenses. Why keep it locked? 
  • Isn’t it possible to throw the code on Github and open source it? That way perhaps people that have more time can still continue to work on it. Of course without monetizing it! 
I would really appreciate some response.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Rudi Hendrix
Hi Folks,

I'm a long time user of DVBlink and TV Mosaic. Indeed very sad that they closed up shop (and took my money for new TVAdviser 12 month subscription - I still have 11 months to go with no service).

The fact they closed the forum really annoys me as there is not even a place for their abandoned community to self help each other.

Does anyone know of a private TV-Mosaic / DVBlink community?

I'm pretty sure the product will run for a long time 'as is' as long as OS updates don't break something. I'm thankful to have three licences 1 OSX and 2 Synology all running so that I have a couple of backup options.

As far as alternatives go - it'll be TV HeadEnd for me as I tend not to run anything on Windows if I can avoid it.
Clients: Xbox One & Odroid N2+ CoreElec - KODI 18 with TVMosaic / TVHeadend Kodi addons
TV Server Backend: Synology DS3018XS & DSM6, TV Mosaic 1.0 Build 17707, TVHeadend 4.3
TV Sources: SelfSAT IP36 (SAT>IP), Swisscom IPTV
(2020-09-10, 10:20)Plantje Wrote:
(2020-09-10, 08:57)RockerC Wrote:

Yes, I asked them.

Sent them a mail with the following and a ticket (for what it's worth) was created:
Sorry to see the TV Mosaic product and services closed. I’ll keep it short. I have some open points.
  • Is it possible to revert the TV Mosaic monitoring to the way things were with DVBLink? (Local monitoring rather than using TV Mosaic servers that are not working anymore) 
  • Why is stuff like the Wiki pages closed as well? There can still be useful information in there. 
  • Why not remove all licensing? To put it bluntly: you got your money, no hard feelings there. You will not sell new licenses. Why keep it locked? 
  • Isn’t it possible to throw the code on Github and open source it? That way perhaps people that have more time can still continue to work on it. Of course without monetizing it! 
Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Rudi Hendrix
+1 to the initiative.
Clients: Xbox One & Odroid N2+ CoreElec - KODI 18 with TVMosaic / TVHeadend Kodi addons
TV Server Backend: Synology DS3018XS & DSM6, TV Mosaic 1.0 Build 17707, TVHeadend 4.3
(2020-09-10, 10:20)Plantje Wrote: Yes, I asked them.

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Rudi Hendrix
@Plantje Good initiative, I just followed up with my own appeal...
Quote:Sent to afterlife@dvblogic.com - Ticket number 78216 created 

Hi,

For many us, even though the product has been abandoned by the creators, it still has immense value!

I appeal to you to think about the following points…

1. Reinstate the wiki so that those still using the product have a point of reference (or publish it as a download for us to hold locally)
2. Reinstate the community forum so that we can at least support each other with our own experience.
3. Consider open sourcing the product so that those interested can continue to maintain it.

Now...about my 12 months TV Adviser service of which only one month was fulfilled (Forget the second subscription that nevertheless has only a couple of months to run)...

With the sudden cancellation of your product (and after asking specifically about the future of the service before renewing my subscription), I am very aggrieved, if you were to take some honourable action against the points above for your community, that would be appreciated and would encourage me to forget about the missing service.

Thanks and I hope you will consider my appeal with positive sentiment toward the loyal community your product created.
No response other than the automatically created ticket though....
On a Dutch Kodi forum someone is pondering about creating an own version of PVR software. However, he cannot do it by himself and I don't have the programming skills (yet) to help him
(2020-09-26, 11:24)Plantje Wrote: On a Dutch Kodi forum someone is pondering about creating an own version of PVR software. However, he cannot do it by himself and I don't have the programming skills (yet) to help him

Always nice with more option but suggest you don't just go and reinvent the wheel before checkout out all the open-source options already available which you could possibly help make better.

There already several open source PVR software that are compatible with Kodi

https://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_recording_software

https://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v19_(Matrix)...ecorder.29

Added, updated, and improved PVR backend clients addons for popular third-party external PVR recording software platforms:
  • New: waipu.tv PVR Client PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • New: Freebox PVR Client PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • Zattoo PVR Client PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • Teleboy PVR Client PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • Sledovanitv.cz PVR Client PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • PVR Demo Client dummy addon with fake (method stub) PVR recording software for PVR skinning and regression testing
  • IPTV Simple Client PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • FilmOn PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • Stalker Middleware PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • HDHomeRun PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • Digital Devices Octopus NET Client PVR Addon backend client maintained and made available by Digital Devices
  • Enigma2 (Dreambox / Vu+ / DBox2) PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • VBox TV Gateway PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • Njoy Digital (N7) PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • PCTV Systems (Broadway) PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • Tvheadend HTSP Client PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • VDR VNSI Client PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • MythTV PVR Client Addon backend client maintained and available from the Kodi's community
  • NextPVR (former GB-PVR) PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • Argus TV (former ForTheRecord) PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • DVBLink PVR Client Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • DVBViewer Client PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • MediaPortal PVR Client Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
  • WMC (Windows Media Center) PVR Addon backend client maintained and available from Kodi's community
(2020-09-26, 11:23)Plantje Wrote: No response other than the automatically created ticket though....

I got a reply - they refunded my TVAdviser subscription and said they are thinking about making the wiki available.

At least some progress.
Strange, again I had no E-mail notification of the new replies.

Anyway... Recently I had some issues with TV Mosaic because it didn't retrieve the (correct) EPG. So I started working on installing TV Headend based on this topic: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2881106

Seems to be working fine on the most recent version of Ubuntu LTS in Windows. Works together with NewCS. I've come pretty far, but I have some questions/issues. Will post those in a separate topic in the TV Headend section.

There are not a lot of PVR options as I need to decrypt some channels.
(2020-11-14, 14:36)Plantje Wrote: Strange, again I had no E-mail notification of the new replies.

Anyway... Recently I had some issues with TV Mosaic because it didn't retrieve the (correct) EPG. So I started working on installing TV Headend based on this topic: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2881106

Seems to be working fine on the most recent version of Ubuntu LTS in Windows. Works together with NewCS. I've come pretty far, but I have some questions/issues. Will post those in a separate topic in the TV Headend section.

If you're on Windows, you can use MediaPortal as backend for free. It can decrypt channels (you just need to "check" CAM enabled and present for the device in the server settings. If you have a TBS card you need to manually copy the CI API DLL, but that's all. I'm using it for years without issue.
(2020-11-15, 19:47)hunfatal Wrote:
(2020-11-14, 14:36)Plantje Wrote: Strange, again I had no E-mail notification of the new replies.

If you're on Windows, you can use MediaPortal as backend for free. It can decrypt channels (you just need to "check" CAM enabled and present for the device in the server settings. If you have a TBS card you need to manually copy the CI API DLL, but that's all. I'm using it for years without issue.
Thanks! I thought Mediaportal was a paid service. What is a TBS card?
(2020-11-15, 19:50)Plantje Wrote:
(2020-11-15, 19:47)hunfatal Wrote:

Thanks! I thought Mediaportal was a paid service. What is a TBS card?
TBS is a hardware manufacturer (tbsiptv.com), if you don't know who they're, you definitely don't have a TBS card, so that part of my comment is not relevant to you. Smile

MediaPortal is a free and opensource solution. For Kodi you need to install a Plugin too, I suggest to use MediaPortal 1, it's more stable and has a plugin installer. You can have more information in their forum.
NextPVR is now working with CI-Module for DVB-C and DVB-S .... could be an alternative also.
That's nice! To me, this was the last push to using a system that was provided to me by my cable company. So far, I have no regrets whatsoever!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bye-bye DVBLink/TVMosaic0