• 20(current)
Broken Multi Weather
If you have a working installation of "Multi Weather" you should backup your "settings.xml" file (located in the "Userdata\addon_data\weather.multi" folder).

The add-on saves the "yahoo cookie" information (along with all other settings) in this file, which can be copied to a new (clean) installation to get it working.

I believe that the "yahoo cookie" will eventually expire, but hopefully, we can help @ronie get the add-on working again (before then).
(2024-05-14, 22:21)mentat Wrote: If you have a working installation of "Multi Weather" you should backup your "settings.xml" file (located in the "Userdata\addon_data\weather.multi" folder).

The add-on saves the "yahoo cookie" information (along with all other settings) in this file, which can be copied to a new (clean) installation to get it working.

I believe that the "yahoo cookie" will eventually expire, but hopefully, we can help @ronie get the add-on working again (before then).
Thanks for the tip
(2024-05-14, 22:21)mentat Wrote: If you have a working installation of "Multi Weather" you should backup your "settings.xml" file (located in the "Userdata\addon_data\weather.multi" folder).

@ronie

If this tips works, as a temporary workaround, I tried to copy my cookie A1 data string into the existing file I had with an archived cookie. The string is significantly longer i.e. the new cookie string.

The thing I couldn't figure out was how to get the active "ycrumb" CURL value to paste into the file.

If you can guide me on how to do that, my file only had those two previous values to work, that might be a temporary workaround where you use a PC or whatever to get the actual data to plug in i.e. copy/paste from machine to machineHuh?

I search Google for ycrumb but I can't find anyway to get it as all Google keeps thinking I'm looking for just "crumb". 

Any suggestion on how to get the value?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
if you happen to have an old backup of the Userdata\addon_data\weather.multi\settings.xml file
you need to copy both the ycookie and the ycrumb values to the new settings.xml file.
in addition, set the ystamp value to the current timestamp you can get from here: https://www.epochconverter.com/

if you only have an old cookie but no crumb, you're out of luck.
the two are linked together so an old cookie with a new crumb token will not work.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I just copied my entire settings.xml from a working machine to the broken one overwriting the one there and it works now
How do I resolve this, not sure what is causing it, .26 is manually installed via zip:

Code:

2024-05-15 17:12:36.564 T:11364    info <general>: [WS-Discovery]: Daemon started successfully.
2024-05-15 17:12:36.646 T:4240     info <general>: WEATHER: Downloading weather
2024-05-15 17:12:37.985 T:5316    error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'requests'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Chris Bertrand\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.multi\default.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                       from lib import weather
                                                     File "C:\Users\Chris Bertrand\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.multi\lib\weather.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                       from .conversions import *
                                                     File "C:\Users\Chris Bertrand\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.multi\lib\conversions.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                       from .utils import *
                                                     File "C:\Users\Chris Bertrand\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.multi\lib\utils.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                       import requests
                                                   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
not sure how exactly you've installed it, but simply unzipping the file into the addons forlder is not the right way.
you need to use the 'install from zipfile' option inside kodi. that will ensure all the dependencies get installed as well.

you're missing at least 1 of those dependencies, namely script.module.requests.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2024-05-15, 23:28)ronie Wrote: not sure how exactly you've installed it, but simply unzipping the file into the addons forlder is not the right way.
you need to use the 'install from zipfile' option inside kodi. that will ensure all the dependencies get installed as well.

you're missing at least 1 of those dependencies, namely script.module.requests.

I don't just blindly install it as a folder, always through the add by zip or repo... I went from .18, to .26. to .25. and that started showing up. I just uninstalled the entire thing again will try to install .26 via install by zip and try the cookie swap.

I saw this earlier too, but wasn't sure what was causing it. But I would never just unzip and move the folder. Will update when complete. Thanks.
Mr. V's Original Source
To those who have an existing working copy and trying to get other systems running, you can follow this method which worked for my laptop.

Ok, so I have it operational on my laptop, will be passing the modified settings.xml file to my fire device to see if it follows, but thus far, complete uninstall of weather.multi, reinstalled version .25 and it updated to .26 via the add-ons browser.

When I load the weather from the main menu, totally nil, just the baseline stuff.

I exit Kodi, go to the path:

(Windows 10) .....\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\weather.multi\settings.xml"

However, the folder weather.multi does NOT exist. Therefore, I manually create it.

I copy my working unmodified settings.xml file from a working machine to the new laptop but DO NOT START Kodi. 

Go to the website: https://www.epochconverter.com/ as mentioned by Ronie to REPLACE the time to whatever it is when you arrive there, COPY AND PASTE that value to the settings.xml file:

(Windows 10) .....\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\weather.multi\settings.xml"

Save the settings.xml file

Start Kodi and it should be working:

Mr. V's Original Source
Just pushed the (Windows 10) .....\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\weather.multi\settings.xml"

to my fire device in the necessary location: /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/weather.multi

and the fire device is also working, so that is the "trick" for now, hopefully Ronie can work his magic to get it fixed based on whatever Yahoo did to break it.

This is only a temp workaround, not a perm fix. 

Greetz,
Chris
Mr. V's Original Source
My weather was working.
Now I get this, see screenshot.
Any idea how I fix this?
(Yesterday, 07:23)Jeffers24 Wrote: My weather was working.
Any idea how I fix this?

That is exactly what I initially saw when I realized the add-on broke. Did you follow the method I described above? If so, does the machine you pulled the data from actually pull the weather data there? If THAT machine doesn't work, then it won't work on a new machine. You have to have a working cookie from another installation to make it work as I described above.

Let us know.
Mr. V's Original Source
(Yesterday, 13:10)kittmaster Wrote:
Any idea how I fix this?

That is exactly what I initially saw when I realized the add-on broke. Did you follow the method I described above? If so, does the machine you pulled the data from actually pull the weather data there? If THAT machine doesn't work, then it won't work on a new machine. You have to have a working cookie from another installation to make it work as I described above.

Let us know.

I think the issue happened when I updated to Kodi 21 from Kodi 20 on my W10 Laptop.

I copied the whole weather.multi settings file from an older install over the Kodi 21 settings file and it now works again  Cool
(Yesterday, 13:53)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 13:10)kittmaster Wrote:
Any idea how I fix this?

Let us know.

I think the issue happened when I updated to Kodi 21 from Kodi 20 on my W10 Laptop.

I copied the whole weather.multi settings file from an older install over the Kodi 21 settings file and it now works again  Cool

That is good, but you should follow the step about updating the time in the cookie file so that it doesn't expire! As I understand it, the time that you have now is when it last worked and was able to parse the cookie. With the issues going on now, that clock ticks down to expiration since the addon isn't updating it.... Now, I could be wrong on that, but since Ronie said to do that as part of the workaround, I am surmising that is why he mentioned it. Some cookies are persistent, some have time clocks on them... the server itself will determine that. And since my trailer stopped working from November to now, I suspect the cookie has an expiration date and will time out, so do yourself a favor and follow the step to update the time index as Ronie mentioned and I outlined on how to do.

If I'm wrong anywhere, someone will chime in and make the correction, but as far as I can tell, I think my logic is correct.
Mr. V's Original Source
(Yesterday, 14:03)kittmaster Wrote:
(Yesterday, 13:53)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 13:10)kittmaster Wrote: That is exactly what I initially saw when I realized the add-on broke. Did you follow the method I described above? If so, does the machine you pulled the data from actually pull the weather data there? If THAT machine doesn't work, then it won't work on a new machine. You have to have a working cookie from another installation to make it work as I described above.

Let us know.

That is good, but you should follow the step about updating the time in the cookie file so that it doesn't expire! As I understand it, the time that you have now is when it last worked and was able to parse the cookie. With the issues going on now, that clock ticks down to expiration since the addon isn't updating it.... Now, I could be wrong on that, but since Ronie said to do that as part of the workaround, I am surmising that is why he mentioned it. Some cookies are persistent, some have time clocks on them... the server itself will determine that. And since my trailer stopped working from November to now, I suspect the cookie has an expiration date and will time out, so do yourself a favor and follow the step to update the time index as Ronie mentioned and I outlined on how to do.

If I'm wrong anywhere, someone will chime in and make the correction, but as far as I can tell, I think my logic is correct.
Thanks for posting that recommendation.

If no one shouts up I'll do as Ronnie suggested later  Cool
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Weather0