Where can I change an addons icon?
If I wanted to change an add-ons icon where would i find that? I assume its in the addons folder somewhere, but any exact location help would be nice. Also, what is the suggested pixel size of the icons (ie 300x300)?
Icons are located in the add-ons home folder - i.e. plugin.video.youtube folder for the youtube icon. I believe add-ons for Krypton should have the icons located in a resources subfolder. Icons can be up to 512x512. Be advised, Kodi caches icons and other images, so in order to load any changes you'll also need to delete the textures.db file and re-start Kodi. The textures.db file is located in the Database folder which can be found in the userdata folder.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
nevermind, its in the add on folder as icon.png lol simple enough.

Icon size is 256x256 from the random one i grabbed
(2017-01-12, 01:36)MetalChris Wrote: Icons are located in the add-ons home folder - i.e. plugin.video.youtube folder for the youtube icon. I believe add-ons for Krypton should have the icons located in a resources subfolder. Icons can be up to 512x512. Be advised, Kodi caches icons and other images, so in order to load any changes you'll also need to delete the textures.db file and re-start Kodi. The textures.db file is located in the Database folder which can be found in the userdata folder.

awesome. Thanks for the cache tip. I would have thrown something after changing it and it not updating.
it's the cache playing tricks on you. it will apply after kodi restart (easiest approach). you do not have to nuke textures.db
Does this not work in Estuary skin? I have tried this and doesn't appear to be doing anything. Trying to change icon for Radio add-on. Kodi 21 Omega on Android 11 TV box.
Not skin related.  How did you change icon?

scott s.
Hello, Sorry, I'm just seeing this. I remember adding the image I wanted into a folder. I named the image icon.png. I was also able to add a background image (background.png or fanart.jpg [I think]) when I was actually in the addon using it. I'm able to change and add icons for the radio stations I added directly in the addon setup. There are no options in settings. I just don't remember, for sure, which folder I need to use. But I have tried putting it into different folders to see if it would take.

Settings>File Manager>profile directory>addon_data>plugin.audio.radio_de
Settings>File Manager>profile directory>addon_data>plugin.audio.radio_de>.storage
Settings>File Manager>profile directory>library
Settings>File Manager>profile directory>library>music
Settings>File Manager>profile directory>thumbnails>"insert file where original icon is located"

Then per past instructions deleted Textures13.db
I then close Kodi. 
I have tried once clearing cache and once without clearing cache, going back into Kodi. Every time, no results. 
It seems to be, in the past, it was in a data folder, but Android has had me(and I believe all users) locked out of that folder in both my phone and android tv box since, I believe the end of 2022. 
I've tried ES File Explorer, EX File Manager, X-Plore, Total Commander, File Explorer and File Commander. They all show the file but when you try to access it, it either comes up empty(with show hidden files selected) OR says I don't have access.

How far off am I here?
Hello, Sorry, I'm just seeing this. I remember adding the image I wanted into a folder. I named the image icon.png. I was also able to add a background image (background.png or fanart.jpg [I think]) when I was actually in the addon using it. I'm able to change and add icons for the radio stations I added directly in the addon setup. There are no options in settings. I just don't remember, for sure, which folder I need to use. But I have tried putting it into different folders to see if it would take.

Settings>File Manager>profile directory>addon_data>plugin.audio.radio_de
Settings>File Manager>profile directory>addon_data>plugin.audio.radio_de>.storage
Settings>File Manager>profile directory>library
Settings>File Manager>profile directory>library>music
Settings>File Manager>profile directory>thumbnails>"insert file where original icon is located"

Then per past instructions deleted Textures13.db
I then close Kodi. 
I have tried once clearing cache and once without clearing cache, going back into Kodi. Every time, no results. 
It seems to be, in the past, it was in a data folder, but Android has had me(and I believe all users) locked out of that folder in both my phone and android tv box since, I believe the end of 2022. 
I've tried ES File Explorer, EX File Manager, X-Plore, Total Commander, File Explorer and File Commander. They all show the file but when you try to access it, it either comes up empty(with show hidden files selected) OR says I don't have access.

How far off am I here?
No need to bump so quickly and you need to be looking for the addon folder in your userdata folder.
My apologies. I appreciate your response. To clarify your point, it goes into the files of the device itself vs the kodi file structure in File Manager?

If that is the case, I don't have access to that folder. It is my understanding Android locked its users out of that back in 2022, for Android 11, 12 and 13. 

File location was in the data folder on Android devices. My phone and my android tv box. I have tried multiple file managers to no avail. I have tried ADB as well. 

Android>Data>org.xbmc.kodi>files>.kodi>userdata
Removing the texture DB is not recommended, as Kodi needs to download all cached resources. Also, your custom art will get overridden with a new add-on update.

If you really want to replace the art (thumb, fanart) of an add-on, you'd need to have your own private fork with a different id, as well as your modifications.
Totally respect your answer/recommendation. Can certainly look into this. Only question is, why then was I able to do this in the past but not now? Changes in Omega from Leia and other past Kodi versions? Just trying to understand in order to learn.
I don't (want to) use Android but in general:

Change the icon in the addon folder (kodi -addons), clear the thumbnails folder (kodi-userdata) and restart kodi.
Repeat after addon update because it will be overwritten.
File manager > Add source > special://home then you'll see all your installed addons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where can I change an addons icon?0