• 274(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2016-10-15, 12:29)fritsch Wrote: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J4205-ITX/index.us.asp <- Apollo Lake HEVC 10 bit

Nice, your work has minimised the banding with my Sony EX403 and DN2820 NUC in Kodi, but it's still very evident when streaming Steam... Time for an upgrade!
Lol :-)

That won't be solved with new hardware. We have zero (!) banding, if you have banding you have a configuration issue.

Edit: Oh steam, yes - they still use vaPutSurface :-( - no new hardware will solve that.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Anybody tried upgrading to 16.10 - is Kodi available?
(2016-10-18, 11:04)tutu Wrote: Anybody tried upgrading to 16.10 - is Kodi available?

yes ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly has kodi packages for yakkety .
I have no problem so far under 16.10
note that currently there are no binary addons for 16.10 in the ppa.
I don't plan to jump on 16.10 - no reason.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
many thanks! You are the best devs.
I'm hoping 16.10 fixes my DVD/Bluray playback issues
Has nothing to do with 16.10 - but hope dies last :-)

via:
(2016-10-18, 14:45)wsnipex Wrote: note that currently there are no binary addons for 16.10 in the ppa.

at least pvr addons are now available. Other binary addons will follow near krypton release
Thanks much.
Hi again. I've finally made the switch from the old fritsch version of OpenELEC, to the alpha build of LibreELEC.

I wonder if there still are some tricks I need to do in the advancedsettings-file, to make 2160p@24 works great again?

It worked very well on OpenELEC (after great guiding by this thread with all the settings), but now when I upgraded to LibreELEC 7.90.007 the same video file isn't smooth.

I know you've said that all your work was moved in to the default LibreELEC work, and Kodi 17, but do I still have to add things to the advancedsettings-file?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
No Debug Log no issue. No need to alter any advancedsettings.xml - when playing that file make sure scaling is set to bilinear, especially if you are downscaling to 1080p24.
(2016-10-29, 13:49)fritsch Wrote: No Debug Log no issue. No need to alter any advancedsettings.xml - when playing that file make sure scaling is set to bilinear, especially if you are downscaling to 1080p24.

It's a 4k TV, so, no downscaling I guess...

EDIT: setting to bilinear did it..

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
Then post your Debug Log ... as - once again - nobody sees what is happening.

From what I can imagine. You have that issue with 1080p24 that is upscaled to 4k. This is why I suggest: run kodi in 1080p mode and let it upswitch to the 2160p resolution.
  • 274(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18