• 5(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2014-06-12, 12:52)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-06-12, 12:44)phate89 Wrote: About multipath can't you simply check just before you create the playlist if the path you get starts with "multipath://" and if it does remove it and split into separate paths? shouldn't be too hard to implement.. Or tehre's always the alternative to parse the sources.xml path to get them...
About aeon nox I always thought that this idea makes a lot easier to customize the skin without any advanced knowlege like smart playlists. I also thought to write an addon by myself to provide this kind of integration automatically and then propose it to bignoid but i never had the time..Maybe if there's a way to get the submenu separately even bignoid will add it...

Sorry, I should have been clearer - Yes, the multipath:// can be checked for, but XBMC doesn't tell me (via JSON, which is where all the sources come from) what directories make up a multipath. I'll take a look to see how much pain parsing the sources.xml is.

The problem with Nox5 is that, because the skin manages the main menu (though the items it uses come from the script initially), the script has no idea what action the main menu item has, and so no idea what it could potentially auto-filll a submenu based upon.

Actually a multipath is a list of paths. composed like this:
multipath://path1/path2/.../pathx/
It's only matter of removing multipath:// and split the string by "/", check the function _get_path_list from the list i gave you (in a second editing)

About aeon can't aeon nox provide the action to your script after the select? I'm not sure exactly how the 2 addons interacts but maybe there's some way to do it.. But i need to study a little bit more how skin works...
(2014-06-12, 12:55)phate89 Wrote:
(2014-06-12, 12:52)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-06-12, 12:44)phate89 Wrote: About multipath can't you simply check just before you create the playlist if the path you get starts with "multipath://" and if it does remove it and split into separate paths? shouldn't be too hard to implement.. Or tehre's always the alternative to parse the sources.xml path to get them...
About aeon nox I always thought that this idea makes a lot easier to customize the skin without any advanced knowlege like smart playlists. I also thought to write an addon by myself to provide this kind of integration automatically and then propose it to bignoid but i never had the time..Maybe if there's a way to get the submenu separately even bignoid will add it...

Sorry, I should have been clearer - Yes, the multipath:// can be checked for, but XBMC doesn't tell me (via JSON, which is where all the sources come from) what directories make up a multipath. I'll take a look to see how much pain parsing the sources.xml is.

The problem with Nox5 is that, because the skin manages the main menu (though the items it uses come from the script initially), the script has no idea what action the main menu item has, and so no idea what it could potentially auto-filll a submenu based upon.

Actually a multipath is a list of paths. composed like this:
It's only matter of removing multipath:// and split the string by "/", check the function _get_path_list from the list i gave you (in a second editing)

https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.ar...up.py#L217
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Didn't realise that, thanks Smile in that case yes, it should be relatively easy to do! And cheers Martijn - that should make it even easier!

(2014-06-12, 12:55)phate89 Wrote: Actually a multipath is a list of paths. composed like this:
@phate89, multipath support and a fix for the action generated for the smartplaylists having backslashes in it are both now on git. Thanks again for reporting them. Smile
One suggestion:
Maybe you should add an "deactivate" button for skinners, who r using it for the main menu, which contains some custom menu items with "<onclick>SetFocus(996)</onclick>" for example. If a user will delete it or has the possibility to delete it, he never gets it back (he simply doesn't know what action was done with that button) without resetting the complete menu to default.

Btw:
I'm nearly done Wink Great addon Unfledged.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
You mean limit the users ability to delete certain links? You're not the first person to ask for it, so I'll see what can be done (though it won't be foolproof - the menus are shared between skins using the script, so a user could potentially just switch to another skin and delete it there.)

Have you considered adding these actions to the available shortcuts within the management dialog, so the user could re-add it (they go at the bottom of the Common grouping with the repo version of the script, or wherever you want in the git version being tested at the mo) - details are in the Advanved Usage.txt file, in with the overrides.xml stuff (Skin-recommended shortcuts)
Hmmm... I think the main problem can be that single default items may get "lost", if they have special onclick actions. It's not very userfriendly to do a complete menu reset to get them back.
How about adding the default menu shortcut lists (which is stored in special://skin/shortcuts/) to the available item container? There are already categorys like addons, usual menu items, sources, programs (....). I think there is a good place for it.

edit:
Did not tried it, what happen if a user delete every single item of the main menu? Is there are fallback to the default shortcut list in the skin folder?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
You can do that yourself if you want it - copy the <groupings> or <flatgrouping> elements out of the overrides.xml included with the script (depending if you're using button 401 or list 211), add an extra <node/> and add <shortcut/>'s to it. The groupings are entirely customisable.

I can't see any harm in adding a new <content/> of (something like) menudefaults, though. I can't guarantee it'll be included in the groupings by default but it'll be easy enough to add if you want it. Smile

Nope, there's no fallback if they delete everything - because there's (at least) one user mad enough to do it. They sent me a screenshot of how they've set up the kids profile - no menu items, just a widget.

Edit - OK, there's now menudefault which you can include in a content tag
I guess I should start making kids to think in that way Big Grin
Thanks for the overrides hint.
My solution for not allowing the users to delete certain (main menu only) shortcuts is now on Git - Skin-Required Shortcuts. As normal, all the details are in the docs included with the script, but in short you could now include something like the following in the overrides:

<requiredshortcut label="My Action" icon="DefaultIcon.png">SetFocus(996)</requiredshortcut>

The user won't be able to delete or replace it (though they can still move and rename it), and it'll only be visible for your skin if the user were to switch to another using the script.
Great! Thanks.
Unfledged:
The readme is wrong for the <includes> method:
PHP Code:
<onload>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;group=[groupname],[groupname],[groupname])</onload
the "," has to be replaced with "|"

and
PHP Code:
<include>skinshortcuts-[groupname]</include> 
has to be
PHP Code:
<include>skinshortcuts--group-[groupname]</include> 

Smile
(2014-06-14, 10:37)sualfred Wrote: Unfledged:
The readme is wrong for the <includes> method:
PHP Code:
<onload>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;group=[groupname],[groupname],[groupname])</onload
the "," has to be replaced with "|"

I meant to fix that one a long time ago Blush

(2014-06-14, 10:37)sualfred Wrote: and
PHP Code:
<include>skinshortcuts-[groupname]</include> 
has to be
PHP Code:
<include>skinshortcuts-group-[groupname]</include> 

So it does. They'll both be updated on git momentarily Smile
Dude, you are fast Smile
Preparing a git push at the time helps Tongue
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8