• 8(current)
Release Play Random Videos - context item and script
(2021-06-01, 23:50)Atreyu Wrote:
(2021-06-01, 23:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-06-01, 23:34)Atreyu Wrote: In the situation above i would expect only 'play only one random' would be available.
On the Source folder in Videos>Files, I do have "Play one random"
I think it only works in this mode.

This mode works for me as well.
Thanks
No problem. Glad we got it worked out in the end Wink
Hey, I'm new to kodi, but with the last update (xbox version if this matters) random videos stopped working. I tried to install it form different sources, but the same error message shows up each time I click play random video.
The error message is: Play random videos error check the log for more information
I tried to check the kodi event log, but there's nothing in it.
I even tried to find another addon that does this, but no luck.
Can anyone help with this please?
Thanks,
Peter
@petiksz i recommend that you remove the current installed version, check for and delete any addon leftovers and install from the kodi repo.
If the issue persists, please post a complete debug log (wiki) so we can see what is happening.
Thanks for replying.
I'm not sure how I can remove leftover files on xbox, as I don't think there's user access to system fies. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Peter
I just mentioned it because Kodi does not clean after itself very well sometimes and might leave you with the userdata (addon settings).
Removing the addon and then checking if the userdata\addon name dir was also removed is what i ment. This way we would know the addon is really 'fresh' when reinstalled.
Kodi should ask you to also remove addon data when uninstalling btw, so if you answer 'yes' when asked it should remove all addon settings.
Hi there, i was just wondering is it possible to play random videos from a folder too?
So not like
RunScript(script.playrandomvideos, "videodb://movies/")]
but more like
RunScript(script.playrandomvideos, "D://movies/newshortfilms")]

I tried different variantions on the command but always get the message to "permanently add the folder to the library".
Yes it can, but the folder or a parent folder must be added to video sources.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
Quote:Yes it can, but the folder or a parent folder must be added to video sources.

Hey rmrector, thanks for the info but adding the folder (or parent) as video source is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Confused
I have the Play Random in the context menu and it works when using it on a folder for testing purposes.

But is it possible to attach the function to a keyboard shortcut? In my keyboard.xml file, I have this
xml:
<f10>RunScript(script.playrandomvideos, "$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath]")</f10>
 and when I try to use it on the same folder as before, it gives me the non-permanent source error.
Hi,
Does this add-in work in Kodi 19? If so how does it appear in the context menu? What is it called in the context menu? Does it work for Music as well as videos?
Hi,

Thanks for this great add-on, I use it to watch randomly my personal videos.

Do you know if it exists an equivalent for pictures?
I apologize if this question has been previously asked.  I have a large video library.  To watch all the movies takes quite some time.  The "random" choice in the video context menu is the last choice at the bottom.  The first/default choice is "mark as watched".  If I go to the video library, and want to choose random videos through the context menu, I have periodically selected the default choice, then need to clear all marked videos and start playing them all randomly from the beginning again.  Is there a way for me to change the context menu so that random is the first choice??  Thanks
No, there is no way to rearrange the context menu.
Thank you for the response.  Based on my research I thought that was true, but needed to consult with the expert.  By the way, thanks for your great addons, Artwork Beef and Random Videos in particular..... Awesome addons!!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Random Videos - context item and script2