• 6(current)
v19 Aeon MQ 7 for Matrix Mod
(2021-02-27, 21:12)latts9923 Wrote: @MB1968
Yeah, looks like a bug in Matrix reporting memory on an Android OS...it displays correctly for me on Windows 10.

I think the missing values ​​for cpu usage, cpu temp etc etc are also bugs. Kodi supports Android AMLogic devices, so it seems unusual to me for this information to be missing.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2021-02-28, 16:30)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @latts9923

I noticed that in the Wide music view when viewing Artists the artist logo (bottom right) covers the artist bio text when the bio is more than a few lines long.

Sorry but I don't know how to post a screenshot. It appears to be some process of uploading to an image sharing site and then linking back to it. Seems to me to be a lot of effort just to post a screenshot.
You can use the Tapatalk app, when you're on Android. Much easier.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@Juan Mortyme
I see what you mean on the Wide view. After looking at the code, that should only display for Movies or TV Shows. It's been fixed and will be part of the next update.
Am I missing something here?
I have done a fresh install of Kodi 19.0 on both Windows and Android TV box.  Trying to install Aeon MQ7 for Matrix. Is there an install process for this?
I cant get past first base. Cant get skin installed at all lots of dependency errors.

Would like some advice
(2021-03-01, 11:51)ozmale Wrote: Am I missing something here?
I have done a fresh install of Kodi 19.0 on both Windows and Android TV box.  Trying to install Aeon MQ7 for Matrix. Is there an install process for this?
I cant get past first base. Cant get skin installed at all lots of dependency errors.

Would like some advice

Which dependency errors are you getting? First thing is are you getting it from Latts repo? If so then make sure you also have a a couple other repos installed. I found that also installing repository.kodibrasilforum solved the problem. If it still fails check the first post in the thread. For ExtendedInfo see messages #56 & #57.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.7
@latts9923

TV Show Next Aired is not working, at least for me. Throws this error:
script.tv.show.next.aired: ### ERROR retreiving updates from thetvdb.com: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Besides, it looks like that addon is done. See this post.

Update: It seems there is some life left in it. Just not enough. I updated to latest version v8.0.1 which some have allegedly got working and no URL errors. That the good news, the bad news is that it still doesn't work and now throw a python error. Oh man!
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.2 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.2.7
Can someone assist me. My nVidia shield automatically updated me to Matrix, and then informed me that it was incompatible with the Aeon MQ7 skin which I very much liked. I've seen that there is a link to the code needed to install it on Matrix but I haven't a clue how to use that link. Can someon either point me to step by step directions to install it or provide me with some instructions. Extra points for telling me how to keep either Nvidia or Kodi or Google Play from updating automatically. I do have the item it Kodi which says something like "download but do not install" turned on and was turned on when it happened.

Thanks in advance
(2021-03-01, 20:09)hwilker Wrote: Can someone assist me. My nVidia shield automatically updated me to Matrix, and then informed me that it was incompatible with the Aeon MQ7 skin which I very much liked. I've seen that there is a link to the code needed to install it on Matrix but I haven't a clue how to use that link. Can someon either point me to step by step directions to install it or provide me with some instructions. Extra points for telling me how to keep either Nvidia or Kodi or Google Play from updating automatically. I do have the item it Kodi which says something like "download but do not install" turned on and was turned on when it happened.

Thanks in advance

OK, I have no experience with Kodi on Android but I know for a fact there is a setting or settings in Android to stop auto updates. I don't get auto updates on my phone. I can't say for sure where those setting are since a have a way old OS and they tend to move stuff around but google "stop auto update on android xx" whatever your OS version is and you should be able to find step by step instructions. 

As for MQ7 Multi-Mod if your are trying to install the version you had forget it, it won't work. Fallow the instructions and links on the first page of this thread and install from Latts Matrix Repo, it must be Latts MATRIX repo not the old Leia one. I also found installation a lot smoother when I installed the repo from this link. Install the two repos first, the one from the first page and the one linked here. You might also install the cherrypy script, also linked on first page. Then install the skin of your choice from Latts Matrix repo. That should work on any OS.
(2021-03-01, 20:09)hwilker Wrote: Can someone assist me. My nVidia shield automatically updated me to Matrix, and then informed me that it was incompatible with the Aeon MQ7 skin which I very much liked. I've seen that there is a link to the code needed to install it on Matrix but I haven't a clue how to use that link. Can someon either point me to step by step directions to install it or provide me with some instructions. Extra points for telling me how to keep either Nvidia or Kodi or Google Play from updating automatically. I do have the item it Kodi which says something like "download but do not install" turned on and was turned on when it happened.

Thanks in advance

Had the same problem. It auto updated and pretty much killed my kodi MQ7. Had to erase and start from scratch. Be sure after you have reinstalled your system with kodi 18.9 you turn off updates in google play.
My creed "Never update anything unless it is giving you something you need". Kodi 19 (for me) appears to have serious problems looking at my NAS.
(2021-03-01, 21:13)Juan Mortyme Wrote:

Thanks in advance

OK, I have no experience with Kodi on Android but I know for a fact there is a setting or settings in Android to stop auto updates. I don't get auto updates on my phone. I can't say for sure where those setting are since a have a way old OS and they tend to move stuff around but google "stop auto update on android xx" whatever your OS version is and you should be able to find step by step instructions. 

As for MQ7 Multi-Mod if your are trying to install the version you had forget it, it won't work. Fallow the instructions and links on the first page of this thread and install from Latts Matrix Repo, it must be Latts MATRIX repo not the old Leia one. I also found installation a lot smoother when I installed the repo from this link. Install the two repos first, the one from the first page and the one linked here. You might also install the cherrypy script, also linked on first page. Then install the skin of your choice from Latts Matrix repo. That should work on any OS.
followed your advice and method. Finally got it installed and working but took several attempts. Many thanks
(2021-03-02, 02:36)ozmale Wrote:

Thanks in advance

followed your advice and method. Finally got it installed and working but took several attempts. Many thanks

No problem, glad it worked out for you. Enjoy.

Thanks in advance

Sorry, it took me a few days to get back to this. First, thanks for the google play heads up. I found it and turned it off.

As to the rest, I'm afraid I'm confused, because some things I don't understand and others didn't seem to work, as follows:

1. By "Latts Matrix Repo" if you mean the zip file: 'skin.aeonmq7.matrix.mod-1.0.0.8.zip' which I found on the first page, it tells me it is incompatible with the version of Kodi I'm running (Matrix).
2. I did successfully install the repo: "repository.kodibrasilforum-3.0.0.zip" but I don't see anything relevant to installing the Aeon skin.
3. The link for cherrypi that's on the first page takes me to a directory, not to a zip download. I have no idea what to do with that directory. I also have no idea what I'd do with the script once it's installed, were I able to do so.

I've never done anything fancy with Kodi, just installed it, picked a skin and made available choices from within the skin, so dealing with repos and mods is new to me. I'd gladly go back to Leila but I have a huge library and I had a hell of a time getting the shares to set up correctly on the nVidia Shield. I'd hate to have to go through all that again. 

Any further help would be appreciated.
(2021-03-04, 01:54)hwilker Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 20:09)hwilker Wrote:  

Sorry, it took me a few days to get back to this. First, thanks for the google play heads up. I found it and turned it off.

As to the rest, I'm afraid I'm confused, because some things I don't understand and others didn't seem to work, as follows:

1. By "Latts Matrix Repo" if you mean the zip file: 'skin.aeonmq7.matrix.mod-1.0.0.8.zip' which I found on the first page, it tells me it is incompatible with the version of Kodi I'm running (Matrix).
2. I did successfully install the repo: "repository.kodibrasilforum-3.0.0.zip" but I don't see anything relevant to installing the Aeon skin.
3. The link for cherrypi that's on the first page takes me to a directory, not to a zip download. I have no idea what to do with that directory. I also have no idea what I'd do with the script once it's installed, were I able to do so.

I've never done anything fancy with Kodi, just installed it, picked a skin and made available choices from within the skin, so dealing with repos and mods is new to me. I'd gladly go back to Leila but I have a huge library and I had a hell of a time getting the shares to set up correctly on the nVidia Shield. I'd hate to have to go through all that again. 

@hwilker

skin.aeonmq7.matrix.mod-1.0.0.8.zip' is just the skin.
repository.kodibrasilforum-3.0.0.zip is a secondary ropo that will aid with missing dependency errors you might get if it's not installed.
latts repo should be found here. This is the main repo the skin can be installed from and without it you will really struggles getting skin installed.

Recap:
Make sure you are in fact trying to install on Kodi 19.0 not 18.9 there are major differences, what works on one will not work on the other. 

1) Install Latts repo. This can be done by either (a) downloading  from link above and installing from zip OR (b) using kodi file manager and adding https://holybid.com/kodi/repo/matrix as a source. Then using install from zip navigate to latts repo (or whatever you named the source when adding it) and find file 'repository.lattsrepo-2.0.0.zip' likely in repository subdirectory. For more detailed tutorial on installing a repo via file manager use google to find a youtube video on the subject.
I would suggest just using option (a).

2) (optional) Install from zip the kodi brasil forum, which it sounds like you have done.

3)  With the repo(s) installed you can either (a) install from zip 'skin.aeonmq7.matrix.mod-1.0.0.8.zip' or (b) install from Latts Matrix repository where you will find it under look and feel\shkins.
I would recommend using option (b).

4) Refer to the first message in this thread for additional steps that may or may not be required. I do know the cherrypi dependency has caused myself and many others grief so I now preinstall that and skin helpers script before installing the skin. Direct link to cherrypi script here. Skin Helper link takes you to a git hub page where you hit the green button that says code and select 'download as zip' option.

These two items in step 4 may no longer be required since the installation process is constantly being refined and improved. You can go ahead and try without them first but if you get a 'cherrypi' of 'skin helper' dependency not met error step 4 will solve those.

Let us know how it goes. If you encounter errors or failure to install messages please try to provide the complete message it gave. Like "error xyz dependency not met".

Good luck.
When I try to install the Skin Helper script from zip file that's linked on the first page, I'm getting a failed to install a dependency error. What other scripts do I need to install, cuz I already have Cherry Py and the others that are listed already. I have color picker but can't make any changes to the skin
(2021-03-04, 08:35)Juan Mortyme Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 01:54)hwilker Wrote:

@hwilker

skin.aeonmq7.matrix.mod-1.0.0.8.zip' is just the skin.
repository.kodibrasilforum-3.0.0.zip is a secondary ropo that will aid with missing dependency errors you might get if it's not installed.
latts repo should be found here. This is the main repo the skin can be installed from and without it you will really struggles getting skin installed.

Recap:
Make sure you are in fact trying to install on Kodi 19.0 not 18.9 there are major differences, what works on one will not work on the other. 

1) Install Latts repo. This can be done by either (a) downloading  from link above and installing from zip OR (b) using kodi file manager and adding https://holybid.com/kodi/repo/matrix as a source. Then using install from zip navigate to latts repo (or whatever you named the source when adding it) and find file 'repository.lattsrepo-2.0.0.zip' likely in repository subdirectory. For more detailed tutorial on installing a repo via file manager use google to find a youtube video on the subject.
I would suggest just using option (a).

2) (optional) Install from zip the kodi brasil forum, which it sounds like you have done.

3)  With the repo(s) installed you can either (a) install from zip 'skin.aeonmq7.matrix.mod-1.0.0.8.zip' or (b) install from Latts Matrix repository where you will find it under look and feel\shkins.
I would recommend using option (b).

4) Refer to the first message in this thread for additional steps that may or may not be required. I do know the cherrypi dependency has caused myself and many others grief so I now preinstall that and skin helpers script before installing the skin. Direct link to cherrypi script here. Skin Helper link takes you to a git hub page where you hit the green button that says code and select 'download as zip' option.

These two items in step 4 may no longer be required since the installation process is constantly being refined and improved. You can go ahead and try without them first but if you get a 'cherrypi' of 'skin helper' dependency not met error step 4 will solve those.

Let us know how it goes. If you encounter errors or failure to install messages please try to provide the complete message it gave. Like "error xyz dependency not met".

Good luck.

Ok. I got it working but in an unexpected way.

1. Following your instructions I got latt's repo installed from the zip file. 
2. As you said, I had already installed the kodi brasil repo.
3. I attempted to install aeonmq7 skin but got an error message "The Add-on is not compatible with this version of Kodi" (I've attached an image showing this). It then put up the end of the message, which I didn't successfully capture in the screen shot the said I lacked  of a specific version of python. I think it was 2.52 but I'm not certaion.
4. On the install page shown in the image, I then selected and tried to install aeon mq8 matrixmod and that installed successfully.

I've still got a lot of configuration work to do. I don't know whether I'll need anything I don't have in the way of addons or scripts. I'm not even sure how to install scripts (are they different from addons?). Plus I can't seem, as of yet, to remount my smb shares but the basic skin is running. I'm not entirely sure how I got here but I'll take it for now.

Thanks for your help

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 for Matrix Mod0