• 3(current)
XBox Component Video Cable Options for High-Definiton Output (enable 480p/720p/1080i)
2 Bunny Wrote:Well, I am fairly certain that the Microsoft Pack had an optical output for sound. Most other cables (just shop around) like Yobo will offer good value for the price. I know the Yobo cables do not have an optical out though.

I saw some for a good price at this eBay link.

- 2 Bunny

I saw those one Ebay as well but was hoping to locate the ones listed in the first page for XBOX component with digital audio sound. I havent seen anyone purchasing these or providing a report on these so I guess I will try my luck on ebay if the other cables show up, else I may just purchase that set and try it out.

thnx for the reply!
Smile 
grupy Wrote:I saw those one Ebay as well but was hoping to locate the ones listed in the first page for XBOX component with digital audio sound. I havent seen anyone purchasing these or providing a report on these so I guess I will try my luck on ebay if the other cables show up, else I may just purchase that set and try it out.

thnx for the reply!

No problem. eBay is your best pal when it comes to stuff like that.

- 2 Bunny
for the Xbox High Definition AV Pack by Microsoft

first edition where a good place to buy hd cables to plug into it. I want good enough quality cables there no noise or ghosting. Any suggetions
gavo Wrote:for the Xbox High Definition AV Pack by Microsoft

first edition where a good place to buy hd cables to plug into it. I want good enough quality cables there no noise or ghosting. Any suggetions

Good luck finding theseShocked...I ended up buying a set of Psyclone Component Video with Digital Audio Out on EBAY and am waiting to go to my PO BOX in the US to pick them up as the seller didnt ship to Canada. Eek
so the xbox second edition hd cables are worth alot of money? how much do they go for. Not the ones that you have to buy a cable sepereately the gold plated ones. Like 50 dollars?
Im f@$*§è" dissapointed by the IXOS one....lot of strange vertical line all over LCD......glad the price wasnt excessive...

PS: I just notice something.....IXOS connector is larger than RGB one.....maybe this is the response to my problem ?

Star 
Shalashaska Wrote:Im f@$*§è" dissapointed by the IXOS one....lot of strange vertical line all over LCD......glad the price wasnt excessive...

PS: I just notice something.....IXOS connector is larger than RGB one.....maybe this is the response to my problem ?

Try jiggling the plug around inside of the system, like pulling it out just a hair and see if anything looks different or strange. If the lines are one color, try unplugging, plugging back in the three colored video plugs from the telly, plugging them into a different input (you never know), and try turning them if switching inputs does not help.

Oh one last thing, this would sound funny, but did you configure your HD settings? Try switching video modes, like between 720p and 1080i.

- 2 Bunny
Im just an idiot ^^ i was pretty sure 720 was enabled ....but it wasnt o_O so, lines arent visibles anymore...or only when HD isnt enabled.....

Thanks for your answer, sometimes im a big "boulet" :p
I need to buy a component cable, does ixos have ghosting? how does it compare to other cables (microsoft, psyclone, monster)??

Thanks!
Cocophone Wrote:Has anybody tried the 3rd party dongle that is just HD? It doesn't have S-Video. There are lots of them on ebay for $14.50. It looks just like the official Microsoft HDAV dongle.

Johnnyfive Wrote:Yeah, that's the one I bought recently. It works well and so does the optical out. Mine didn't come with any cables but I had some spare ones anyway.

I just purchased this one last night and I'll be sure to give a second opinion here because this seems to be the most readily available adaptor with digital out. Not super important for everyone but I really need 5.1 output as I'm consolidating my entire DVD collection to HDD and can't do without surround sound.
Lightbulb 
tbergman Wrote:I just purchased this one last night and I'll be sure to give a second opinion here because this seems to be the most readily available adaptor with digital out. Not super important for everyone but I really need 5.1 output as I'm consolidating my entire DVD collection to HDD and can't do without surround sound.

I didn't even know DVDs were capable of surround sound.

- 2 Bunny
2 Bunny Wrote:I didn't even know DVDs were capable of surround sound.

- 2 Bunny

And were else are you getting 5.1 source material? Well besides HD cable/sat and blu-ray, but that's only in the last few years. Well, and SACD and DVD-A but that is a little less common.
Question 
tbergman Wrote:And were else are you getting 5.1 source material? Well besides HD cable/sat and blu-ray, but that's only in the last few years. Well, and SACD and DVD-A but that is a little less common.

Yeah, you can't get surround out of stereo cables that the xBox uses. I think their microsoft HD cable kit had an optical out though, so is even optical capable of surround? And if so, is it so on the xBox?

- 2 Bunny
You can get surround out of optical and digital coax, now I'm assume you can get 5.1 out of the XBox otherwise Microsoft would have had no reason to release a cable adapter that uses a optical output. But I'll find out this week when I get the cable and hook it up to my receiver.
Star 
tbergman Wrote:You can get surround out of optical and digital coax, now I'm assume you can get 5.1 out of the XBox otherwise Microsoft would have had no reason to release a cable adapter that uses a optical output. But I'll find out this week when I get the cable and hook it up to my receiver.

All right, keep us informed.

- 2 Bunny
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBox Component Video Cable Options for High-Definiton Output (enable 480p/720p/1080i)1