• 3(current)
Mod EstuaryPVR+ Skin MOD (Matrix)
(2022-01-20, 22:37)Dumyat Wrote:
(2022-01-20, 22:00)psbguy Wrote:
(2022-01-20, 21:21)Dumyat Wrote: Many thanks for the compliments and suggestions.
In the same order you asked:-
1) What type of artwork do you see on the default version of Estuary? What backend server are you using to get your recording artwork? Is this image auto generated by your backend?

2) I can't remember the last time I even used the 'Last Played Channels' widget, hence why I relegated it to being the last widget. I do use the 'Recent Recordings' widget often, hence why I put it at the top. However, there might be way for me create a switch in the settings to swap the positions around to suit users own preference. I will check it out, but in the interim I've pushed the 'Last Played Channels' to be the 2nd widget on the latest master.

3) I've thought of this myself in the past. The main issue is artwork coming from the backend. Some backends might provide poster format and others providing fanart/landscape format. Unfortunately, there is only 1 info label available in Kodi currently to cover all PVR artwork coming from the backend. I'm not even sure if that label works on the PVR home screen. I'll check it out. 

4) Yep, if you are meaning the solid block genre colours, should be possible to offer an option for that in the skin settings.

I'm using NextPVR as backend server, and the artwork is auto generated in EPG and recordings. The artwork coming from the backend is in poster format, but I think you might be able to give the option to either have it in poster or landscape format, this has been previously done in Unfussy skin, but it would be great to have it in Estuary, as it's my favorite skin.

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this.
Yeah, think this something I overlooked.
I remember checking last year to see if recordings in Kodi now auto generated artwork and I thought the feedback was it didn't, hence the reason for making the widget local artwork. However, upon checking the post again today I can see that some backend do seem to produce an auto-generated thumb and some don't.....Mine doesn't.
What I have done is made the default recording widget exactly the same as the regular version of Estuary, but also added a switch in the settings for those users wanting to display local landscape artwork (like myself). I will push the update shortly. Let me know if the recording artwork returns for you on the home page.

Confirmed, Artwork is back when the switch is off, last played channels widget position is updated, and it's good now, no need to move it further.

If you can still look into the Genre solid colors and artwork in last played channels when you have the time, it would be great!
(2022-01-20, 23:05)emveepee Wrote:
(2022-01-20, 22:00)psbguy Wrote: I'm using NextPVR as backend server, and the artwork is auto generated in EPG and recordings. The artwork coming from the backend is in poster format, but I think you might be able to give the option to either have it in poster or landscape format, this has been previously done in Unfussy skin, but it would be great to have it in Estuary, as it's my favorite skin.

NextPVR can provide the guide "icon" in one user selectable format poster or landscape, since the EPG API only defines one, and Estuary shows it in a square.  The Recording API can have both.

I don't know if it matter for this addon, but this art is cached the texture cache from both the EPG and recordings.

Martin

Thanks Martin, I had no idea that we can select either poster or landscape for artwork in NextPVR, but I couldn't find that option under settings, is there any other way to update the settings?
(2022-01-20, 23:24)psbguy Wrote: Thanks Martin, I had no idea that we can select either poster or landscape for artwork in NextPVR, but I couldn't find that option under settings, is there any other way to update the settings?

For guide it is on the Display and Recording Button, but the default is landscape.  I don't recommend it though because you could end up caching GB's of data in both Kodi and NextPVR since Kodi is calling for art that most of the time you don't care about as you skip through the guide and it could take 5 seconds or more to fetch from the backend and source.  I made this video today for another post https://imgur.com/a/5O5pljD and art really doesn't add value.  Also 30 seconds in trying to get "My Three Sons" and Maude you can see some of the lag.  IHMO Guide art should only be called on demand via Programme Information since those are the shows of interest.  Now/Next makes it twice as bad on the channel list unless you have a remote with number keys.  This type of image is more for http pages that can render a page of images separatly and not single events.

Martin
(2022-01-09, 17:01)Dumyat Wrote:
(2022-01-09, 13:26)Solo0815 Wrote: Thanks for your skin.

There is a small "casesensitive"-bug in "View_509_Flix_Landscape" line 25:
Thanks very much for info @Solo0815 
I will fix and push an update later today.
I take it everything else is working okay for you?

No doubt you've noticed already, but existing the guide works slightly differently with this skin to the default version. 1st 'Back' click takes you to the channel groups and 2nd 'Back' click actually exits the guide. Just means you can access channel groups from anywhere on the guide grid. If you are near the top of the guide you can use the 'UP' button to access the channel groups as well. When you are on the Channel Groups, pressing 'UP' will display the PVR sideblade.  

Forgot to mention this on the 1st post.... Wink

I really like this behavior in your skin. It makes perfect sense. Get back to groups from anywhere. What did you edit to get this and is it possible for aeon based skins too?
(2022-01-21, 08:37)1deep Wrote:
(2022-01-09, 17:01)Dumyat Wrote:
(2022-01-09, 13:26)Solo0815 Wrote: Thanks for your skin.

There is a small "casesensitive"-bug in "View_509_Flix_Landscape" line 25:
Thanks very much for info @Solo0815 

No doubt you've noticed already, but existing the guide works slightly differently with this skin to the default version. 1st 'Back' click takes you to the channel groups and 2nd 'Back' click actually exits the guide. Just means you can access channel groups from anywhere on the guide grid. If you are near the top of the guide you can use the 'UP' button to access the channel groups as well. When you are on the Channel Groups, pressing 'UP' will display the PVR sideblade.  

I really like this behavior in your skin. It makes perfect sense. Get back to groups from anywhere. What did you edit to get this and is it possible for aeon based skins too?
What you need to find is the code for the EPG Grid Layout. In the Estuary, that is located on the Includes_PVR.xml file:-
xml:
<include name="EpgGrid">
        <definition>
            <control type="epggrid" id="$PARAM[control_id]">
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>20</right>
                <bottom>70</bottom>
                <orientation>$PARAM[control_orientation]</orientation>
                <pagecontrol>60</pagecontrol>
                <scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">300</scrolltime>
                <timeblocks>34</timeblocks>
                <rulerunit>6</rulerunit>
                <onback>11</onback>
                <onright>60</onright>
                <onup>$PARAM[control_onup_id]</onup>
                <ondown>$PARAM[control_id]</ondown>
                <viewtype label="$PARAM[viewtype_label]">list</viewtype>
                <progresstexture border="$PARAM[progress_texture_border]" colordiffuse="button_focus">$PARAM[progress_texture]</progresstexture>
                <rulerdatelayout width="1400" height="45" condition="$PARAM[has_rulerdate_layout]">
It's a long time since I've used any of the Aeon skins, so not sure where the EPGGrid layout will be located, but most likely either in the IncludesPVR.xml or MyPVRGuide.xml files.
The onback value of (11) represents the ID number for the actual channel groups. The Channel Group code on Estuary can be found quite near the of the MyGuide.xml file. It also details the onup and ondown ID numbers for opening the PVR sideblade from the Channel Groups and Returning back down to EPG Grid from the Channel Groups.
On the Aeon skins the onup and ondown values may already be filled with an actual value. Estuary uses a $PARAM as it has 4 different EPG Layouts. The MyGuide.xml file on Estuary details these $PARAM ID's:-
xml:
<control type="group" id="63">
                        <include content="EpgGrid">
                            <param name="control_id" value="50"/>
                            <param name="control_orientation" value="vertical"/>
                            <param name="control_top" value="55"/>
                            <param name="control_onup_id" value="11"/>
                            <param name="viewtype_label" value="Horizontal Guide"/>
                            <param name="progress_texture_border" value="0,60,18,14"/>
                            <param name="progress_texture" value="windows/pvr/epg_progress_vertical.png"/>
                            <param name="has_rulerdate_layout" value="false"/>
                            <param name="ruler_width" value="1400"/>
                            <param name="ruler_label_width" value="365"/>
                            <param name="channel_width" value="350"/>
                            <param name="scrollbar_top" value="47"/>
                        </include>
So on this skin the onup and ondown values are (11) and (50), where the first value is the Channel Groups and the 2nd is the EPGGrid layout.
Hope this helps.
(2022-01-21, 11:09)Dumyat Wrote:
(2022-01-21, 08:37)1deep Wrote:
(2022-01-09, 17:01)Dumyat Wrote: Thanks very much for info @Solo0815 

What you need to find is the code for the EPG Grid Layout. In the Estuary, that is located on the Includes_PVR.xml file:-
xml:
<include name="EpgGrid">
        <definition>
            <control type="epggrid" id="$PARAM[control_id]">
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>20</right>
                <bottom>70</bottom>
                <orientation>$PARAM[control_orientation]</orientation>
                <pagecontrol>60</pagecontrol>
                <scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">300</scrolltime>
                <timeblocks>34</timeblocks>
                <rulerunit>6</rulerunit>
                <onback>11</onback>
                <onright>60</onright>
                <onup>$PARAM[control_onup_id]</onup>
                <ondown>$PARAM[control_id]</ondown>
                <viewtype label="$PARAM[viewtype_label]">list</viewtype>
                <progresstexture border="$PARAM[progress_texture_border]" colordiffuse="button_focus">$PARAM[progress_texture]</progresstexture>
                <rulerdatelayout width="1400" height="45" condition="$PARAM[has_rulerdate_layout]">
It's a long time since I've used any of the Aeon skins, so not sure where the EPGGrid layout will be located, but most likely either in the IncludesPVR.xml or MyPVRGuide.xml files.
The onback value of (11) represents the ID number for the actual channel groups. The Channel Group code on Estuary can be found quite near the of the MyGuide.xml file.
On the Aeon skins the onup and ondown values may already be filled with an actual value. Estuary uses a $PARAM as it has 4 different EPG Layouts. The MyGuide.xml file on Estuary details these $PARAM ID's:-
xml:
<control type="group" id="63">
                        <include content="EpgGrid">
                            <param name="control_id" value="50"/>
                            <param name="control_orientation" value="vertical"/>
                            <param name="control_top" value="55"/>
                            <param name="control_onup_id" value="11"/>
                            <param name="viewtype_label" value="Horizontal Guide"/>
                            <param name="progress_texture_border" value="0,60,18,14"/>
                            <param name="progress_texture" value="windows/pvr/epg_progress_vertical.png"/>
                            <param name="has_rulerdate_layout" value="false"/>
                            <param name="ruler_width" value="1400"/>
                            <param name="ruler_label_width" value="365"/>
                            <param name="channel_width" value="350"/>
                            <param name="scrollbar_top" value="47"/>
                        </include>
So on this skin the onup and ondown values are (11) and (50), where the first value is the Channel Groups and the 2nd is the EPGGrid layout.
Hope this helps.
Thanks. Turns out it's pretty much identical in Aeon skins, same file.
@psbguy 
I've added a new option in the skin settings to switch from Strip Genre Colours on the EPG to Solid Genre Colours like the default Estuary skin.
This option can also be activated via the sideblade on the EPG for quick access. Solid genres are now the default when the skin is installed  Wink
Just pushed the update, so should be available now. Let me know if everything works.

Thumbs Up 
(2022-01-22, 02:05)Dumyat Wrote: @psbguy 
I've added a new option in the skin settings to switch from Strip Genre Colours on the EPG to Solid Genre Colours like the default Estuary skin.
This option can also be activated via the sideblade on the EPG for quick access. Solid genres are now the default when the skin is installed  Wink
Just pushed the update, so should be available now. Let me know if everything works.

Thanks, it works and looks great!

This skin is already the best PVR skin out there, and it would be perfect if Recently Played Channels widget on home screen could display EPG artwork instead of channels logo.
Hi Dumyat , skin gets better every time I use it . Is it possible to have video pause when selecting subtitle ? Wife and I watch everything where possible with subs. 
Thanks.
(2022-01-23, 11:04)ontap Wrote: Hi Dumyat , skin gets better every time I use it . Is it possible to have video pause when selecting subtitle ? Wife and I watch everything where possible with subs. 
Thanks.
Just to clarify, when you click on the sub-title button on the OSD you would like video playback to pause, then select the sub-title track and for video playback to resume when you enable sub-title and the dialog has closed?
Working on the assumption that above is what you are looking for, I'm having problems locating osdsubtitlesettings window, which seems to be the dialog that appears to allow users to select the sub-title track and enable sub-titles. Maybe this window is not a skin function and is something controlled by Kodi core. I actually thought playback paused anyway when selecting a sub-title track?
Anyway, I'll have another hunt around later and see if I can find where this window is actually located.
Yes , exactly as you typed it.Hold the fort , my bad , wasted your time. Just checked and when bringing up the subtitles window , the video continues to play , pressing "download subtitle" pauses the video  during the search , So that will be default action , sorry about that.
Ah, Okay. No worries.
Thought that's what it did, but not used the option for a while.
(2022-01-22, 03:31)psbguy Wrote: This skin is already the best PVR skin out there, and it would be perfect if Recently Played Channels widget on home screen could display EPG artwork instead of channels logo.
@psbguy 
I had a look at displaying artwork for the 'Recently Played Channels' widget this week and created a few new channels using NextPVR and Schedules Direct guide data to ensure I was getting artwork from the backend.
Unfortunately, neither of the Kodi info labels that deliver artwork from a backend displayed anything on the PVR Home Screen when I tested these channels, despite artwork definitely existing. I can only assume that these info labels do not currently work on the PVR Home Screen.
Rather frustratingly, the Skin Helper Script also does not show any PVR artwork on the home screen anymore either. This used to be possible using the skin helper web service, but that feature has been broken since Matrix was introduced.
I know the Kodinerds Estuary Mod has implemented a new PVR artwork module that delivers artwork, so maybe that is a possibility. I will check that out. In the meantime, there is now an option to use Local PVR artwork for this widget, but I'm guessing that's not what you were looking for.
Anyway, below is a quick screen capture of my local artwork working on this widget to give you some idea:-
@Dumyat 

No worries, thank you for looking into this! 

I wish I could help, but maybe it can be done using Embuary helper, as this feature is working in Embuary skin.
Yeah, up until now I've always relied upon the SHS for any PVR artwork stuff.
I've never actually used the Embuary helper but I'm going to check it out, along with the PVR artwork module on the KN Estuary mod.
Maybe one or both will be able to do the job.... Wink
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EstuaryPVR+ Skin MOD (Matrix)0