XBMC without Jailbreak
Still not working. Sad
I cleaned everything, compiled as described in the README (this time no problems with tarballs), set codesign to iOS Developer, compiled and installed it. Same problem as before.

EDIT: This is my build script: http://pastebin.com/RviEJ3Kf
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
after build.

cd tools/darwin/packaging/ios && chmod +x mk*.sh && ./mk*.sh debug

upload the resulting deb somewhere (dropbox?) so i can investigate ... i can't help in other ways because i do the same and it works for me...

edit: i build debug in xcode - do you do the same? (i never tried release because i am not interested in release Wink ).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Crazy shit. This debian package is working on my jailbroken iPod (iOS 6.x). If you're still interested, I'm currently uploading it to my Dropbox.
I'm building in debug mode too.
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
Ok this seems special to your device then somehow. I extracted your deb, resigned Kodi.app with my key and run it on my ipad mini retina (ios8.1) with no issues. Are you sure you have a correct provisioning profile installed on your ios8 device? You need a catch all * profile or org.xbmc.* profile at least.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ahh found it ... your signing is not working correctly:

Code:
codesign -dvvvvv data/Applications/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0
data/Applications/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0: code object is not signed at all

Please don't just select "iPhone Developer" in the project but specify your full cert name "iPhoneDeveloper: Your Name (blahblahid)" - it should work then.

The problem is that "iPhone Developer" is what all the tutorials for developing on jailbroken (!!) devices specify as self signed identity. Our sign script checks for everything that is not(!) equal to "iPhone Developer" for determining if a real sane sign identity is selected.

Edit: remove that deb from dropbox ...
Thank you very much! Just cleaned everything a last time and hope that it's working now. Smile
Kodi 15 on:
Ok, I finally got it: Signing with your script does not work for me. So I did manual code signing for the dylib files and now the app is running.
Kodi 15 on:
I wonder why ... when you do as i stated (ensuring to not select "iPhone Developer" but "iPhone Developer:username(id)" in all 4 spots in the project settings) it HAS to work!

Just see line 24 here for the checked condition:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ommand#L24

see? It can't fail if you do it correct.
I already saw that. For some reason it's working now. Did a clean to all parts of the project again and compiled it with success. Weird stuff.
Kodi 15 on:
phew case closed for me Wink
How come firecore with their infuse app is allowed in app store? Same functions as xbmc streaming from nas, etc etc but of course not as good. I only jailbreak because of xbmc, would like to see it app store.

I really regreat buying infuse when jailbreak and update of xbmc was so fast coming...
Out of interest, I have exactly the same issue as yanniks - I've cloned the source and followed Readme.iOS twice with the same outcome.

I also think it's something to do with the libs not getting signed correctly - from Memphiz link to the identity check code it looks like it also checks for whether Do Not Sign is selected. Do I need to set this somewhere, or does selecting my developer ID automatically do this?

Thanks,
In the target settings for the Kodi-ios target you need to set your sign identity in 4 places (unfold the sign identity option). Realese, Debug, and 2 More i can't remember (for all ios sdk versions or what it is called). You identity "iPhone Developer (id blah blah)" has to be selected in all 4 spots. Once that is really done (ensure you change the setting for the kodi-ios target - not for one of the others by accident) the sign script will do a full bundle sign.
Right OK, I was only changing it in Build Config main screen - I'll try again later!
You can also have a look into the buildoutput. There you should see the step where it calls Codesign.command. You can unfold there to see al set environment variables. Then you can check the ones the sign script is evaluating. If you don't see your developer identity in there you haven't altered the project at the correct place.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC without Jailbreak0