Req Anime Support
What scraper are you using? None of mine like that are getting picked up.
(2024-02-08, 19:38)scythe000 Wrote: What scraper are you using? None of mine like that are getting picked up.

I use the TVDB, but again, I rename my files, adding any extra info for my personal reference in square brackets at the end.  So before In ingest any anime, I find it on TheTVDB and then do whatever renaming is necessary.
(2024-02-08, 20:34)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2024-02-08, 19:38)scythe000 Wrote: What scraper are you using? None of mine like that are getting picked up.

I use the TVDB, but again, I rename my files, adding any extra info for my personal reference in square brackets at the end.  So before In ingest any anime, I find it on TheTVDB and then do whatever renaming is necessary.

And just to add on to this, you will likely need to double-check your season/episode numbering.  Different scrapers number some series differently and it doesn't always seem consistent even within TVDB sometimes.  I'm pretty sure that was one of the most frequent discussion in their forums back when they had forums.
(2024-02-08, 20:49)NeoCortex Wrote: Different scrapers number some series differently
Yes, this is true. Many times TMDB and TVDB are incompatible with each other. You can't just chop and change scrapers because the episode orders are different between sites.
Also TVDB can use the year instead of a season number,, which TMDB does not do... eg S1997E01
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-02-08, 20:49)NeoCortex Wrote: And just to add on to this, you will likely need to double-check your season/episode numbering.  Different scrapers number some series differently and it doesn't always seem consistent even within TVDB sometimes.  I'm pretty sure that was one of the most frequent discussion in their forums back when they had forums.

Or in some rare cases, orders change after you scraped. No lies, had to renumber like 40 eps of Rugrats, I'd gotten the DVD set in early 2022, by late summer 2022 someone on TVDB had pulled out some TV Guides or whatever and started to corrected episode orders. To be fair, they were wrong, cause around the time the series transitioned from cell animation to digital, it seemed to jump back and forth over a year+ worth of episodes, seemed like dates were wrong. Wild that a show that finished in 2004 still needed corrections in TVDB in 2022.
(2024-02-08, 22:32)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2024-02-08, 20:49)NeoCortex Wrote: And just to add on to this, you will likely need to double-check your season/episode numbering.  Different scrapers number some series differently and it doesn't always seem consistent even within TVDB sometimes.  I'm pretty sure that was one of the most frequent discussion in their forums back when they had forums.

Or in some rare cases, orders change after you scraped. No lies, had to renumber like 40 eps of Rugrats, I'd gotten the DVD set in early 2022, by late summer 2022 someone on TVDB had pulled out some TV Guides or whatever and started to corrected episode orders. To be fair, they were wrong, cause around the time the series transitioned from cell animation to digital, it seemed to jump back and forth over a year+ worth of episodes, seemed like dates were wrong. Wild that a show that finished in 2004 still needed corrections in TVDB in 2022.

Yeah, I've been bitten by instances like that as well. Anime having things moved between one season, a different season, or specials. Something like Rifftrax can shift around as well due to things not being cut and dry.

Once a show's done, I'm usually just relying on NFO files.
(2024-02-08, 22:39)NeoCortex Wrote: Once a show's done, I'm usually just relying on NFO files.
Yep, me too - nfo files and local artwork. I only scrape new shows once, then regular library exports to capture playcounts etc.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-02-08, 23:56)Karellen Wrote: Yep, me too - nfo files and local artwork. I only scrape new shows once, then regular library exports to capture playcounts etc.

Well. I use SQL and it doesn't rescape unless necessary of course, but the thing is, I'd effectively named my files wrong by using TheTVDB as the order. So I had to resort and then rescrape, because I had bad local data and files numbered wrong now.
But then how do I copy the data from the wiki example into that file on the firestick? Use something like Downloader to browse to the wiki and copy/paste to a text editor?
(2024-02-13, 05:56)scythe000 Wrote: But then how do I copy the data from the wiki example into that file on the firestick? Use something like Downloader to browse to the wiki and copy/paste to a text editor?

(2024-02-08, 00:08)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-02-07, 23:47)scythe000 Wrote: -Mainly because i have no idea how one can casually do this for a firestick install, when everything is locked down.

that's an easy one, follow the (latest) instructions i left here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3182668
substitute media folder and splash for "userdata" and "advancedsettings.xml"

use the answer i gave you 4 days ago
(2024-02-13, 06:01)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-02-13, 05:56)scythe000 Wrote: But then how do I copy the data from the wiki example into that file on the firestick? Use something like Downloader to browse to the wiki and copy/paste to a text editor?

(2024-02-08, 00:08)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-02-07, 23:47)scythe000 Wrote: -Mainly because i have no idea how one can casually do this for a firestick install, when everything is locked down.

that's an easy one, follow the (latest) instructions i left here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3182668
substitute media folder and splash for "userdata" and "advancedsettings.xml"

use the answer i gave you 4 days ago

Thank you! I was able to get the advancedsettings.xml copied. It seems to work decently on episode names, but not so much on show names, but that's a huge improvement. 

Any idea how I now keep TV Show content from my Anime folder out of the TV Shows menu item? Do I need to make a new menu item and have it just show the folder, similar to how I did for Anime?
(2024-02-16, 23:59)scythe000 Wrote: Any idea how I now keep TV Show content from my Anime folder out of the TV Shows menu item? Do I need to make a new menu item and have it just show the folder, similar to how I did for Anime?

You should be able to go into the Library Node Editor and just make a new rule for TV Shows that excludes your anime (i.e. "Path does not contain 'anime'" or "Genre is not 'anime'", depending on how you have your stuff organized).

If you use a skin that offers a lot of home menu customization, you can use smart playlists to sort things if that's easier for you (which is what I do, since I further separate Dub/Sub series).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anime Support0