Bluetooth Audio Disruption.
Gui sounds don't log anything in the log file. Playing media does. - screenshots look good - kodi definitly got a different channel map in your first log. Thats more then odd.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ah, didn't know that about the GUI sounds and the log. I will try to get you a log when it's happening. I tried yesterday and everything was normal. I wish I could figure out how to reproduce the issue.
Hey Memphis - asking for a screen shot of my MIDI setup got me to watch the master stream for the bluetooth audio.

I notice that whenever it get the unusual audio, my setup has switched from 2 channel 32-bit Float 44.1kHz (the normal condition) to 1 channel 16-bit Integer 8 kHz.

I can now manually go between the correct audio and the problem audio by changing that sound format.

It looks like this:

Now to see what in Kodi is forcing this change.
Tha means the bluetooth a2dp profile is somehow switched off. This should be on a much lower (bluetooth) layer. I have no idea how this happens when kodi only interfaces with core audio. Also it points out that the osx audio engine in kodi has a bug when playing low sample rate mono outputs (because we should be able to get a normal sound out of this 1 channel too normally)...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I assume that the GUI sounds are in mono. Could that be the trigger causing this and not actually playing any form of media?

Sent from my iPhone
Nope - its not about the sound source - its about the sound sink. Turn off gui sounds and see if it changes if in doubt.
Simply go to audio settings in Kodi.
Sounds like pass thru possibly but just reset to default.
Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my Q102A-8X
I'm having the exact same issue. Running Kodi 17 on macOS Sierra. When using Airpods, Kodi audio output gets confused and drops down to 1 channel 8Hz. And sounds bad obviously. I tried resetting audio settings to default but didn't change anything. Is there anything I can do to help get this bug fixed?
As said - i can't teproduce this with my bluetooth speaker (the only bt device i have). Try to search the web what causes the drop from the A2DP bluetooth profile to the HSP profile (i guess that is the 1channel 8khz profile which is usually meant to be used for telephonie with a headset) - and how a programmer could prevent or control those profiles.
You might be onto something. You probably can't reproduce the problem because I assume your speaker does not have a microphone. In all other examples, the BT devices are headsets that have a microphone. I get the same issues be it my AirPods, LG headset or Sony headset. Now that I can manually switch the audio stream back through the MIDI controller, I kinda gave up looking for the cause or a fix. I just flip it back to 2 channel whenever I get the problem and away I go.

Sent from my iPhone
Speaker has a microphone aswell... can be used for hands free calling...
(2017-05-04, 10:03)Memphiz Wrote: Speaker has a microphone aswell... can be used for hands free calling...
Damn, thought I that might have been it.
Hi, how does it go now? I'm a having a similar problem not only on my doss soundbox touch bluetooth speaker but also for my amazon echo I did try the above mentioned recommendation but still no luck.
(2017-03-14, 09:29)Memphiz Wrote: Did you actually try what the wiki says? (Fixing the sample rate to 44.1 khz - or maybe even 48khz)

I had the same problem with Leia 18.2 and a Bose QC35 on OSX 10.14.4. setting the sampling rate to 44.1 or 48khz did not solve the problem. Setting it to 88.2 did.

--OMK66
(2019-05-03, 12:03)OMK66 Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 09:29)Memphiz Wrote: Did you actually try what the wiki says? (Fixing the sample rate to 44.1 khz - or maybe even 48khz)

I had the same problem with Leia 18.2 and a Bose QC35 on OSX 10.14.4. setting the sampling rate to 44.1 or 48khz did not solve the problem. Setting it to 88.2 did.

--OMK66 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth Audio Disruption.0