• 2(current)
Release PlexKodiConnect: natively integrate Plex and Kodi
(2017-11-15, 13:51)joostzilla Wrote: In Plex i have a Sort Title included with all my movies. Unfortunately i haven't been able to use the Sort Title as sort method in Kodi.
Anyone any idea how to get this to work?

I've been using PKC and love it... this isn't a fancy-fix for your exact issue, but if it's only a handful of sort problems (like sequels not in the right order?), maybe if you tweaked another field in the PMS metadata that Kodi does use -like the release date? And sort by that after force updating the database/libraries? Dunno.  
Maybe also try posting in the PKC thread on the Plex forum -Croneter is generally pretty responsive -he didn't get to my last question, but it may have been a dumb question, haha!
(2017-11-16, 00:16)jaydash Wrote:
(2017-11-15, 13:51)joostzilla Wrote: In Plex i have a Sort Title included with all my movies. Unfortunately i haven't been able to use the Sort Title as sort method in Kodi.
Anyone any idea how to get this to work?

I've been using PKC and love it... this isn't a fancy-fix for your exact issue, but if it's only a handful of sort problems (like sequels not in the right order?), maybe if you tweaked another field in the PMS metadata that Kodi does use -like the release date? And sort by that after force updating the database/libraries? Dunno.  
Maybe also try posting in the PKC thread on the Plex forum -Croneter is generally pretty responsive -he didn't get to my last question, but it may have been a dumb question, haha! 

Thanks for the tip. I have posted on the Plex forum just now. Lets hope Croneter or someone else can shed a light on this. (although i am a little bit intimidated by Croneters avatar) Big Grin
Btw. I love PKC very much too. It works perfect. :-)
Is it possible to configure PKC and PMS to force transcode audio to 2.0 stereo, while passing the video through ? I have only stereo sound atm, and sometimes movies have really buggy multichannel tracks that most players (Kodi included) fail to decode/downmix properly. If Plex could help me to transcode on the fly it would be awesome. It's very important to preserve the original video quality though.
@Croneter 

can you take a look at this thread, seems like it its an addon issue.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2804675

i cant play a mkv file on kodi through plex. on the thread theres my log and the info of the file.

i manage to play it on windows after installing ffmpeg on windows.

thanks
MrMC offers the ability to use Plex also when using MySQL (Plex Client, co-existent). Is it possible to use PlexKodiConnect this way also? I never get the Plex Libraries to show when MySQL is activated. I want to use MySQL for my own libraries and Plex besides.
No that's impossible with PKC and will remain so.

I don't understand why you'd want to continue using MYSQL if Plex and PKC take care of all that functionality?!
Because i use a mix of a remote Plex and a local MySQL database ;-)
Sorry if this has already been reported , I can't get PKC to open in leia18 ?
I  get as far as connecting to my server but as soon as i input my 4 digit pin , plex crashes.
Am having to revert to the official plex app , have moved on from krypton to leia.
(2019-01-23, 12:30)ontap Wrote: Sorry if this has already been reported , I can't get PKC to open in leia18 ?
I  get as far as connecting to my server but as soon as i input my 4 digit pin , plex crashes.
Am having to revert to the official plex app , have moved on from krypton to leia.
 Leia 18 is still in development, as is PKC. Use the BETA version of PKC and an "official" Kodi Release Candidate from www.kodi.tv/download - otherwise, there's too much that can brake. Having said that, PKC beta works fine with Kodi 18 Leia
Cheers , yep got it back working with PKC beta thanks.
Hello everybody,

i'm looking for a source for the PlexKodiConnect Repository Zip file.
If I use the direct link on the GitHub presence of the developer (https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect), then I only get one folder ("repository.plexkodiconnect") with 2 files in it (icon.png + addon.xml).

However, to integrate the add-on in Kodi, I need a zip file.

Do I overlook something?
(2019-03-15, 15:07)!Rainer_Zufall! Wrote: Hello everybody,

i'm looking for a source for the PlexKodiConnect Repository Zip file.
If I use the direct link on the GitHub presence of the developer (https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect), then I only get one folder ("repository.plexkodiconnect") with 2 files in it (icon.png + addon.xml).

However, to integrate the add-on in Kodi, I need a zip file.

Do I overlook something?

Yes - just hit the "stable version" button on the Github main page. It will download the repo zip file
Hmm I tried a different Browser (Mozilla Firefox) and got the Zip File, even though I used exactly the same Link.

So, Problem solved, thanks a lot for your response.
@Croneter , thanks for your work on PKC! I want to integrate it as best as possible into the Amber skin for Leia.  Any documentation for skinners? I am interested in finding what paths I need to use to be able to present On Deck and so on in widgets.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-17, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: @Croneter , thanks for your work on PKC! I want to integrate it as best as possible into the Amber skin for Leia.  Any documentation for skinners? I am interested in finding what paths I need to use to be able to present On Deck and so on in widgets.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Bart

Cool!! :-)

Not really, as I have almost no experience with skinning. However, I'm currently discussing this with the dev of the Kodi night skin. See here and please chime in (or open a new skinning section on the PKC wiki on github ;-)) https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/issues/745
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlexKodiConnect: natively integrate Plex and Kodi0