• 14(current)
Release Full bluray and 4k uhd bluray menu support for Android
So I uninstalled the 64bit version and installed the 32bit version and now the HD multi channel audio is working correctly. Weird.

Oh well at least it works. Thanks again OP!
Hi, I have an nvidia SHIELD TV P2897 and I can't handle blu-ray menus.
I uninstalled all versions of Kodi, then performed the following steps:
1) Install Kodi19DV-Final-libbluray-aarch64
2) Install kodiapp-arm64-v8a-release-v1.22
3) From Kodi 20.0 RC I installed the script.service.jre-aarch64-v1.2.zip from the addons installing the keyboard and decoder profiles on request
4) I launched from Kodi 20.0 RC my Blu-Ray iso file which clearly has a blu-ray menu, but when I open it and tell it to show blu-ray menu it just hangs with the icon and doesn't open the menu.
In the background I see the menu image, but it stays like that without doing anything.
I wonder what I did wrong, I did a lot of tests also installing the 32bit arm versions, but nothing to do.
Will this build play Dolby vision and lossless codecs ?
Also I can’t seem to read .ISO files on any version of kodi using android smart tv or android player like dune box
I would suggest the following as a bit more intuitive key mappings than what you are recommending at the moment.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<keymap>
     <VideoMenu>
          <keyboard>
               <c>osd</c>
               <menu>osd</menu>
               <browser_back>PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu)</browser_back>
               <backspace>PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu)</backspace>
               <browser_back mod="longpress">back</browser_back>
               <backspace mod="longpress">back</backspace>
               <key id="216">PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu)</key><!-- CEC exit -->
               <key id="230">PlayPause</key><!-- CEC pause -->
               <key id="234">OSD</key><!-- CEC play -->
          </keyboard>
     </VideoMenu>
</keymap>
(2023-06-19, 01:58)peterjcat Wrote: There were a few parts to it and they might not all be relevant to your situation or your TV -- it's my first Sony since the Trinitron so I don't know how much has changed over 8 years!

1. I'm streaming over the network and the TV ethernet is 100mbit, not fast enough for some UHD ISOs. The TV's Wi-fi is a fair bit faster than its ethernet, but has more latency and is just less reliable. So I got a TP-Link UE330 USB hub which has gigabit ethernet and some USB3 ports and plugged it into the (only) USB3 port in the TV. Obviously if you are playing from an attached USB drive you don't need this.

2. I put a Samsung Fit 400MB/s flash drive in one of the TP-Link slots -- it's very small and helps the TP-Link hub tuck in behind the TV which is wall-mounted. I let the TV format it as storage and installed this Kodi fork direct to the flash drive. That's because although Kodi would run OK on internal storage, there was only 4GB of accessible space there and it was getting pretty tight and maybe contributing to failures to load. I am using the X-plore File Manager app downloaded from the Play Store on the TV -- it has a good web interface which I used to upload the APK and the ZIP add-on file from the PC to the TV's local storage, install the APK, and then load the ZIP add-on. 

3. I increased the Kodi video buffer/cache using the instructions on the Wiki here. This involved creating a new advancedsettings.xml file and uploading it to Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/. again using X-plore. I set the cache value to about 1/3 of the available RAM as recommended.

4. I loaded the decoderfilter.xml file into X-plore from the same userdata folder as above and made sure all the omx.mtk.video.decoder entries were there and had <allowed> and <stills-allowed> set to true, then saved again. My final file is here.    

There doesn't seem to be a VC1 hardware decoder for MTK so any Blu-rays with VC1 encoding are a bit laggy, but everything else works pretty well. 

Hope this helps!
Slow to respond, but...

1. Great idea.  Seriously going to consider that.
2. I can't find any useful folders for Kodi in X-plore.  Is your TV rooted?  I get to the 'files' folder and can't open it.
3. Shouldn't Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ be Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi.famdamgos/files/.kodi/userdata/?
The decoderfilter link you posted seems to be dead.

Edit: Forget it.  I quit.  I uninstalled this and re-install to remove anything I might have screwed up...and I cannot for the life of me do anything with it.
I can find no way to add the java.  I can't back up to USB or on my network and I can't get X-plore to reach any useful folders.  

Until this is just install and use, I'm done.  I just don't have the time for this.
So we now have a 2023 model TV from Sony and installed the app then the .zip and done.  It just works.    I guess the 2015 one is just too old.
Can anyone tell me what the 'return' key is?  I see that a long press is supposed to bring up the BD menu, but I can't find that on the remote.
Also, is there something that closes Kodi's menu and returns you to the video?  n regular Kodi apps the Display key on our remote does that.  I keep accidentally hitting 'back', but 'display' doesn't remove the Kodi menu.

@DarwinDesign: What does keys are these?  What is CEC?  Is this specific to Nvidia Shield?
(2023-11-25, 03:11)Landstander Wrote: @DarwinDesign: What does keys are these?  What is CEC?  Is this specific to Nvidia Shield?

CEC is a control system that TV's and many HDMI connected playback and sound devices can communicate with. Notably, if you have something like an android box and you switch to that input and use your TV's remote it can forward some of the buttons on the remote to the current device so you don't need to use an additional remote. This is assuming CEC control is enabled on both devices. Which buttons get forwarded vary from TV to TV, but if they forward either a back/return or exit button I believe Kodi will pick either up as key id 216. Other input devices will likely map with something different. Normally you can use the Keymap Editor add-on to discover key id's but unfortunately the back button is not one that add-on is capable of touching and therefore can only be done manually. Other common keys for other remotes are <backspace>, <browser_back>, <key id='65446'>, and <escape>. Additionally all CEC, and many other remotes don't support long-press (picking up a button as being held down vs. a shorter press and release) so you would not be able to perform any secondary actions in the same window. To test just highlight a library item and hold down the OK/select/enter button (the one in the middle of the direction buttons) and if the context menu pops up instead of playing the item then you have long-press support.

As for backing out of the videoosd that is a separate window with its own mappings. When you remap a "back" key to the videomenu window it only affects that window so the normal "back" action would happen when the osd is shown assuming it wasn't edited there in error as well. Kodi's keymap wiki covers this. Additionally, spending a little time looking over keyboard.xml on Kodi Github can help understand this system.
(2023-06-19, 01:58)peterjcat Wrote: 1. I'm streaming over the network and the TV ethernet is 100mbit, not fast enough for some UHD ISOs. The TV's Wi-fi is a fair bit faster than its ethernet, but has more latency and is just less reliable. So I got a TP-Link UE330 USB hub which has gigabit ethernet and some USB3 ports and plugged it into the (only) USB3 port in the TV. Obviously if you are playing from an attached USB drive you don't need this.
My Sony is an x850c.  I tried a ethernet adapter, but it wasn't TP-Link and it didn't work.  The adapter did work on our 2023 model though.
Curious what model/year your TV is and if TP-Link might still work for me.

Edit: We have a few media files with DolbyVision in them.  I assumed they would be displayed in HDR10, since that's how the official Kodi handles it (and based on the first post here), but I was stunned that DolbyVision did engage with this app.  Very nice.
Sorry to double post, but this has me going crazy.  I'm trying to play a re-encoded 4k movie.  The file's bitrate is 55.3 Mb/s (according to MediaInfo), and it stutters and freezes.

My Sony TV has 100Mbps LAN (planned to pick up another USB to LAN adapter because of this, but...).

Testing file copying using X-plore I found my PC can do 88Mbps where the file currently is and the network HDD, where I'd like to store the file, comes in at 53.6Mbps.

I did tweak advancedsettings (not that I know what I'm doing, but Kodi says the TV has 2927Mb memory.)

Code:
<cache>
  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
  <memorysize>1023060650</memorysize>
  <readfactor>10</readfactor>
</cache>

If I pause the playback for a little while things seem to run smoothly, but otherwise it doesn't play well.
Yeah, I know this is more video playback than menu, but you guys understand this stuff better and it's the Kodi mod I'm trying to make my primary.
Am I missing something?

Edit: Realized the TV has a ARMv8 processor, uninstalled this and TRIED to install the 64-bit version, even uninstalled the 32-bit first, but several attempts failed.
Decided to pause a few seconds and play the whole movie and it just locks up occasionally.  Checking the memory usage shows that there is a substantial buffer when it happens, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.  Now running the same file off a USB stick and it has no issues.  I don't get it.
Hello, just looking through, will the build provided here work with maven dolbyvision somehow? Is there a build with both the Blu-ray menus and the dv maven build merged into one build? I know there’s also an omega compatible dv build will this just work with that? Assuming this thread hasn’t been outdated by now. Thanks in advance
@Jman5150 Maven's builds can be found here:

https://www.kodinerds.net/thread/69428-m.../?pageNo=1

They include both Dolby Vision and blu-ray menu support. For the latter, you also need to install the JRE addon to make Java (BD-J) menu's work.

However, if you expect to be able to play full blu-ray rips with Dolby Vision, you will be disappointed. Blu-ray rips in ISO or BDMV format will not output DV when using Kodi, only HDR10.
I'm confused.  This build plays DolbyVision just fine on my android TV.
@Landstander I was talking about full blu-ray rips in the .ISO or BDMV format, where the Dolby Vision Enhancement Layer (EL) is contained in a separate video track. Also known as DV profile 7 FEL (Full Enhancement Layer).

99% of the Android TV devices do not have a secondary HEVC decoder, thus Kodi cannot play this EL.

In MKV files where the EL is interleaved with the regular video track, Kodi can convert this to DV profile 8, which leaves out the EL and only uses the RPU for DV metadata. However you will loose some DV video information and also this will not work on blu-rays in the .ISO or BDMV format.
(2023-12-28, 22:32)MrMagic Wrote: @Landstander I was talking about full blu-ray rips in the .ISO or BDMV format, where the Dolby Vision Enhancement Layer (EL) is contained in a separate video track. Also known as DV profile 7 FEL (Full Enhancement Layer).

99% of the Android TV devices do not have a secondary HEVC decoder, thus Kodi cannot play this EL.

In MKV files where the EL is interleaved with the regular video track, Kodi can convert this to DV profile 8, which leaves out the EL and only uses the RPU for DV metadata. However you will loose some DV video information and also this will not work on blu-rays in the .ISO or BDMV format.
Thanks.  Did not know that.
Hi there,
Is it possible to compile for macOS?
If yes, please provide detailed instructions.
Thanks!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full bluray and 4k uhd bluray menu support for Android0