• 14(current)
Release Embuary Helper Script
(2021-07-20, 23:36)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-07-23, 23:29)bsoriano Wrote: @sualfred,

I have been asked if I could open the info dialog for a specific movie or tv show from an onclick. I don’t think this is possible without using extendedinfo. Is this something you would consider adding to your script?

Here is my use case: In Amber, I use script.grab.fanart to grab random movie fanart or tv show fanart and show that as the background for a menu item, autoscrolling every x seconds. I provide the option of showing the title of the movie/tv show that is being shown. The request I received is if I could make that name clickable and open the info dialog for that movie or tv show. This as a way of answering the audience question of “what movie is that?”

script.grab.fanart does not provide me the DBID of the movie or tv show, but I guess even with my very limited knowledge of Python I could mod it to do that, unless you could provide me with a different idea.

So what do you think? Is this something that you think you would consider adding to your script?

Thanks for considering my request.

Regards,

Bart
Is their a property to provide the title of the random fanart?
@Edworld , if you are using Embuary Helper, its service component is calling the database in a interval to get a random set of 40 movie, 40 TV show and 40 artist fanarts. These background images are going to be stored in window properties, which are changing every 10s. You can even change the interval.  These are the properties:

xml:

$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryBackground)] (mix of all)
$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryBackgroundVideos)] (mix of movies + TV shows)
$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryBackgroundMovies)] (movies)
$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryBackgroundTVShows)] (TV shows)
$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryBackgroundMusic)] (artists)

So you actually do not need script.grab.fanart any more for this.  I stopped using it in Amber.  Using Embuary Helper is also great if you want to provide random fanart background from a playlist or node, since it skips over items with no fanart.

If you want to use that, create a list that calls the getfanartsbypath function of the script.  The list has all of the item properties, including the title.  I use one like this for playlist random fanart for main menu items:

xml:

<control type="list" id="9989">
            <description>hidden container for playlist background using embuary helper</description>
            <posx>-20</posx>
            <posy>-20</posy>
            <width>1</width>
            <height>1</height>
            <include>AutoscrollTime</include>
            <itemlayout />
            <focusedlayout />
            <content sortby="random" limit="$INFO[Container(300).ListItem.Property(playlistFanartLimit)]">plugin://script.embuary.helper?info=getfanartsbypath&path='"$INFO[Container(300).ListItem.Property(backgroundPlaylist)]"'&reload=$INFO[Window(home).Property(EmbuaryWidgetUpdate)]</content>
            <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Container(300).ListItem.Property(backgroundPlaylist))</visible>
        </control>

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@bsoriano 

Aeon Tajo has embuary HELPER implemented and I was looking to do fanart title that grab fanart does. I created play lists for movies and I use the random movie feature background and link it to the playlist, I hope this makes sense.
I keep getting an error popup "embuary helper error check logs" and upon checking logs i found this:
Quote:2021-08-15 02:48:03.005 T:27464   ERROR <general>: Skipped 1 duplicate messages..
2021-08-15 02:48:03.005 T:27464   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'KeyError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'watchedepisodes'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/plugin.py", line 70, in <module>
                                                       Main()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/plugin.py", line 21, in __init__
                                                       self.getinfos()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/plugin.py", line 54, in getinfos
                                                       self._execute(plugin,self.info)
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/plugin.py", line 62, in _execute
                                                       getattr(plugin,action.lower())()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 109, in getbydbid
                                                       add_items(self.li,[result],type=self.dbtype)
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/library.py", line 21, in add_items
                                                       handle_seasons(li, item)
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/library.py", line 176, in handle_seasons
                                                       watchedepisodes = item['watchedepisodes']
                                                   KeyError: 'watchedepisodes'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
complete log please.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2021-08-15, 07:33)sualfred Wrote: complete log please.

i'm getting same error. here my full log.

https://paste.kodi.tv/isagohisut.kodi

thanks!
Most likely a skin problem. 

@mikeSiLVO 
It seems you have a hidden getbydbid info implemented which is triggered without valid informations.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
This is most likely long resolved, but the kodi crash problem attributed to PIL is due to a numpy limitiation, which PIL imports. Numpy can not be loaded multiple times by a Python sub-interpreter (which is what Kodi uses). If your app doesn't have to have numpy installed, then you can try removing all instances of it (pip, normal install, plus different python versions of it can all be picked up, depending upon your python path). PIL can operate without numpy, presumably at lower performance.

A better solution, is to have applications which run into this problem and which don't require numpy to add:

sys.modules['numpy'] = None

before numpy can be loaded.
(2021-08-17, 14:09)sualfred Wrote: Most likely a skin problem. 

@mikeSiLVO 
It seems you have a hidden getbydbid info implemented which is triggered without valid informations.

I got the same error like the other ones with Aeon Nox Silvo.

Would be great if the author could fix this as the popups are extremely annoying with the sound it makes on top. Smile
(2021-09-06, 10:32)chester24 Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 14:09)sualfred Wrote: Most likely a skin problem. 

@mikeSiLVO 

I got the same error like the other ones with Aeon Nox Silvo.

Would be great if the author could fix this as the popups are extremely annoying with the sound it makes on top. Smile
It is the exactly same except/behavior

https://paste.kodi.tv/iyuxoxebah.kodi
I am on an Apple TV 4K 2nd Gen with Kodi Matrix 19.1. Everything is working great but every time I go to a different menu I get this “Embuary Helper Info Error” message and it says to check the log. When I check the log there isn’t anything there to do with any errors. Please help as this error message constantly pops up and is quite annoying.
Sorry, my special see-logs-from-the-distance-on-different-devices super power is not functional atm.
Hello, couldn't find any info on this but I just started using Emburary Helper, with Amber.... So far it's awesome, is there a way to change the Poster art to the Main Show art instead of the Season Art? Couldn't find an option anywhere.

Thanks.
Ask the skin developer
@sualfred I assumed it was in this script because it's under the Emburary Shelves Options after installing the script. Is this a wrong assumption? It also didn't help I didn't state im using the "recently added shelves" under Emburary Shelves options that this script adds.
(2021-09-17, 21:59)Zekeman Wrote: @sualfred I assumed it was in this script because it's under the Emburary Shelves Options after installing the script. Is this a wrong assumption? It also didn't help I didn't state im using the "recently added shelves" under Emburary Shelves options that this script adds.
@Zekeman , the script does not add the shelves.  As a skinner, I chose to add some of the scripts calls as shelves.  If I understand you correctly, you would like to see the tv show poster instead of the season poster for the next up episodes from Embuary Helper shelf.

If that is the case, then I will look into it, since all of the episode shelves in Amber, whether from Embuary Helper or any other source, default to the season poster, since that is wht I prefer.  I will look into making this an option.  

So as not to clutter this thread, I will let you know in the Amber thread when this is available for testing.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Embuary Helper Script3