KODI no longer plays DVD ISO files
hello all-

I did some searching, but I'm not finding anybody else with my exact problem. using Omega 21.0.1 on an Nvidia shield Pro 2019 with a Netgear Nas.

I've been using this software for quite a few years and I've had little problems other than ones that I created myself. I use it as a media Center to play my own Movie rips. Most movies are ripped as MP4, MKV, or ISO files. Everything plays fine except for DVD ISO files. I'm GUESSING that the trouble started when I upgraded to the current version 21.0.1. Haven't tried to play any DVD ISO in several months, so I can't be positive about how long it's actually been going on. Blu-ray ISO files play perfectly with complete menus with all the trimmings. Every other function that I've used in KODI seems to be working wonderfully. The log file tells me that there is definitely something wrong. I THINK other people have been making complaints about it on other sites, but I'm not completely sure as far as other people's versions being used.

Is this one of those situations where I should just wait for the next version to correct the problem?

Thank you for your attention. We can get it sorted out. Log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/yupaxanuzu.kodi
I guess we can disregard this. I was having a little trouble updating using a nightly build, but I guess I got it figured out. The most recent nightly build DOES correct this broken function.
I’m having the same problem. Pretty much the same setup as you but using a QNAP NAS.
Never updated Kodi on my Shield manually. I’ll go look at how to do this.

I thought it might be the path became corrupt but, like you, my Blu-ray’s played.
(2024-05-15, 15:52)Kcp30228 Wrote: I guess we can disregard this. I was having a little trouble updating using a nightly build, but I guess I got it figured out. The most recent nightly build DOES correct this broken function.

Exactly which build work?
just sideload any of the most recent nightly builds. Started KODI, browsed to a DVD, played like normal. Checked Blu-ray files and all other file formats… Works just fine.
any of the recent nightly builds. Go pick the most recent one and sideload it. Works fine now.
I just asked because when I installed kodi-21.0-Omega-arm64-v8a on my Samsung S8 Ultra there was the message that it wasn't compatible withn the lastest android version. It didn't work.
So if I sideload onto my Shield I read somewhere that Kodi won’t update after that. I don’t mind having to sideload for the future but was wondering.
Also do I have to remove my current version then reload all my add-ons? Then relink all my movies, music and photos? Lengthy process!
I've never tried to do it on anything other than Linux, Windows, or Nvidia shield Pro (android/Linux). I'm running kodi-20240513-be87ad2a-Omega-arm64-v8a.apk. everything is still working fine. After manually sideloading this build, I disabled automatic updates from the Google play store. You would think after doing this kind of work for over 30 years that I would NEVER set up automatic updates. I guess I just got lazy.
(2024-05-20, 13:33)Vmanjeff Wrote: So if I sideload onto my Shield I read somewhere that Kodi won’t update after that. I don’t mind having to sideload for the future but was wondering.
Also do I have to remove my current version then reload all my add-ons? Then relink all my movies, music and photos? Lengthy process!

I think I've read the same thing about future updates, but I honestly can't be sure. It's not really that big of a deal if the updates don't work properly after that. Just use the export tool to create a backup of all of your scrape data (titles, art, descriptions,… You know, just everything that "export" does). also, I would recommend doing a backup to a SINGLE file versus multiple files. They each have a pro and a con. Single file backups should be fine for most folks. If for some reason KODI doesn't update properly, just uninstall it completely from your list of apps on your device. Do a fresh install of the version from the play store, re-create your sources but DON'T update when it asks you. Just say no after you set up each source. then go back to system/media/import, and let it run. I've got like 1500 DVDs/Blu-rays that I've ripped through the years along with about 80 TV shows. The import/export does a fine job.

There is also a "backup" ad on that will copy EVERYTHING… The actual database files and the entire .KODI directory/subdirectories. If you are comfortable digging around inside of the file system of your device running KODI, you might consider this, but I haven't had the time to mess with it. Maybe I'll try it sometime this week on one of my versions running on one of my Linux virtual machines just to say that I have.
All, I have the Exact configuration of the original poster and have not had any issues with Omega v21. I always install Nightlies (I assume that's what you mean by sideloading) with the current install being 20th May.

I just tested a range of ISOs again, and all run fine.
(2024-05-21, 00:36)Punchbuggy Wrote: All, I have the Exact configuration of the original poster and have not had any issues with Omega v21. I always install Nightlies (I assume that's what you mean by sideloading) with the current install being 20th May.

I just tested a range of ISOs again, and all run fine.

Yeah, that's what I meant by sideloading. I thought that's what it always meant whenever you installed any application outside of the Google Play Store. The official release of Omega definitely had an issue with DVD ISO files, but I didn't notice it because most of my ripped DVDs/Blu-rays are just the main film. My windows and Linux installations had no trouble playing those DVDs… Just my android/Shield Pro.
(2024-05-19, 23:53)gatlingun Wrote:
(2024-05-15, 15:52)Kcp30228 Wrote: I guess we can disregard this. I was having a little trouble updating using a nightly build, but I guess I got it figured out. The most recent nightly build DOES correct this broken function.

Exactly which build work?
Use this one and it works fine.

https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/androi...bi-v7a.apk
Forgot about the export function. I’ll do this when I have some more time.

Probably better to make my own thread but was wondering if someone knows how to get tv shows that I’ve recorded from various stations/sat/friends to show up in tv shows? I’ve added my own information, art, etc into the directory where the show resides (since the scraper finds no info on them!) but Kodi won’t show them in the tv shows (or movies) category. I’ve actually had a few successes here but a tried and true method hasn’t become obvious. The only way I can access them is through files.
Worked like a charm. I side loaded the latest build after backing up to a single file. Then used CS File Explorer to install (couldn’t find ES File Explorer on the Google store…. ) and then went into Kodi and ISO files now play. Didn’t even have to redo my sources.

Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI no longer plays DVD ISO files0