CUlRC crashes Kodi if search for embedded lyrics is enabled
While I have been playing around with this shoutcast stuff I have found that if the embedded lyrics setting is enabled, Kodi will crash with a segfault.  As I don't really want to have to change settings depending on whether I want to listen to a stream or local songs, I wondered if it would be possible to just ignore that setting for streams ?  Obviously there won't be any embedded lyrics to find in any case.

Just thought I'd bring it up as other people might be experiencing the same issue as the default setting appears to be enabled.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@black_eagle  it shouldn't search for embedded lyrics when Player.IsInternetStream returns True.
perhaps something is slipping through the cracks, but i'm unable to reproduce it.

please provide a Debug Log (with logging enabled in the cu lrc addon settings as well)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Sure. https://paste.kodi.tv/ajoricugit.kodi

Some background that you might need.  Shoutcast streams can contain artist & track data separately and what I am currently doing is grabbing that extra data and populating CMusicInfoTag m_strTitle and m_strArtist with those values.

If I don't do that, the addon behaves as expected. However, if both those are populated with individual data it looks for embedded lyrics. IsInternetStream should not be affected by this change and I'm aware that my changes are the root cause of the issue but I'm hoping to be able to create a richer experience when listening to a streaming station and being able to show the artist and track data separately and in the correct labels, rather than just artist - track is, I think, part of that.

I completely understand if you don't think it's worth looking at right now and I can work around it by turning that option off but it might be something to be borne in mind later, if this ever sees the light of day.
(2020-08-31, 13:24)black_eagle Wrote: Shoutcast streams can contain artist & track data separately and what I am currently doing is grabbing that extra data and populating CMusicInfoTag m_strTitle and m_strArtist with those values.

thanx, that was the missing piece of the puzzle.

could you please test and let me know if the issue is fixed in this version?
script.cu.lrclyrics-6.2.4.zip
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-08-31, 22:39)ronie Wrote: could you please test and let me know if the issue is fixed in this version?

Yes, it is.  Thanks, it's much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CUlRC crashes Kodi if search for embedded lyrics is enabled0