Kodi Community Forum
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server (/showthread.php?tid=231955)

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - fritsch - 2016-04-03

Yeah - I will have a look once the step to v17 has happened. Other than that the good guys in here report regressions quite fast, hehe :-)

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - artur9 - 2016-04-04

On these builds can I disable pulseaudio? Or is it required by something?

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - sw4y - 2016-04-04

(2016-04-03, 23:03)fritsch Wrote: It's not about the extra work, really not - but I don't want to support an entire distribution, that was not the intention of these builds here :-) - I want to concentrate on the core stuff and this is not possible if you break yet another machine every second day. I had a week off last week and finally could accomplish to get some upstream work done for kodi. We have more people that can package for kodi than we have developers that write code for kodi. I think I can help kodi most if I don't get sidetracked too often :-)

I plan to release new builds the very moment we need to test Kabilake / Broxton HEVC 10 bit stuff.

As you said in another thread - it's not about the name of the build, but what's inside it.

Thank you for the work & the time you invest in making things better!

Looking forward to test some Milhouse builds / Libreelec builds so keep up the brilliant work!

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - _Spook_ - 2016-04-04

Oh...I completly missed the LE thing. Something new to play with Smile NICE!

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - hal2100 - 2016-04-04

Hi,

first of all thanks to all involved, except for the fact that Confluence is broken and the new skin lacks on the WAF* here (which I guess is more my problem than yours), the build is again rock stable.

Now before this thread is going to the backpages because it is not pinned a small request:

As I understood most of the work now goes into the main branch, could you have a very short guide what to reverse to go to the main branch (ppa:team-xbmc/unstable I guess)? I saw the Millhouse build, but these are for OpenElec, I reckon. It would also be interesting, when to migrate to the other repos.

*Woman acceptance factor

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - fritsch - 2016-04-04

The ppa and all the described stuff is still relevant and will continue.

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - hal2100 - 2016-04-04

Ah, then I was just confused with the OpenElec announcement and the loss of the "pinned" status.

All good! Keep up the great work!

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - gurabli - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-04, 17:19)fritsch Wrote: The ppa and all the described stuff is still relevant and will continue.

Thanks fritsch (and others) for your great work on making all this possible on Intel hw. I'm so much looking forward to Krypton final (or beta), that will be THE release!

We are few days away from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS release (hopefully), will you update the first post for 16.04 once the final version is released? I understand there are some minor differences when installing on 16.04.

Just to be sure, on Ubuntu Server the ppa and everything is still the way to go from the first post?

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - fritsch - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-05, 09:50)gurabli Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 17:19)fritsch Wrote: The ppa and all the described stuff is still relevant and will continue.

Thanks fritsch (and others) for your great work on making all this possible on Intel hw. I'm so much looking forward to Krypton final (or beta), that will be THE release!

We are few days away from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS release (hopefully), will you update the first post for 16.04 once the final version is released? I understand there are some minor differences when installing on 16.04.

Just to be sure, on Ubuntu Server the ppa and everything is still the way to go from the first post?

As said before: Only change one additional package (xserver-xorg-legacy) and the vaapi ppa removed. That's all.

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - mule1 - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-03, 21:12)fritsch Wrote: Nope ... for now we have only one such report -> yours. But your backtrace shows the threads 1 and 24 fighting against each other.
Kodi is also crashing 2-3 times until all channel data has been loaded if i just restart the vdr server and do nothing within Kodi. I did also try the latest x86 from Milhouse, but same issue (slow loading of challe data and crashing). Tried various builds and can now say that this crashing start happening with builds including the mentioned async process. With the old method everything is working fine.
Any idea what i could test or how i can support to find the reason for this crashing issues?

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - fritsch - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-05, 17:42)mule1 Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 21:12)fritsch Wrote: Nope ... for now we have only one such report -> yours. But your backtrace shows the threads 1 and 24 fighting against each other.
Kodi is also crashing 2-3 times until all channel data has been loaded if i just restart the vdr server and do nothing within Kodi. I did also try the latest x86 from Milhouse, but same issue (slow loading of challe data and crashing). Tried various builds and can now say that this crashing start happening with builds including the mentioned async process. With the old method everything is working fine.
Any idea what i could test or how i can support to find the reason for this crashing issues?
You did perfectly fine :-) Thx for that. Please open a ticket at trac.kodi.tv an add ksoo as he implemented async epg.

Thx much.

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - fritsch - 2016-04-09

(2016-04-05, 17:53)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 17:42)mule1 Wrote:
You did perfectly fine :-) Thx for that. Please open a ticket at trac.kodi.tv an add ksoo as he implemented async epg.

Thx much.

@mule1: Please follow: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9589

This will be in one of the next Milhouse builds - so it would be cool if you could try the moment this is in and report back. If you post on github, please always include the pastebin with the backtrace. Thanks much.

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - mule1 - 2016-04-09

While i even didn't have the time to create a ticket you guys are already working on the solution. Thanks to all the developers of KODI for spending your time to create this magical piece of software!!!

Will try the new build as soon as it is up.

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - Milhouse - 2016-04-10

@mule1 - try this test build, it includes PR9589:

http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/testing/Generic/OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20160409232331-%230409-g0026734.tar

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - mule1 - 2016-04-10

Tried the latest test build but it's crashing once again. Just commented on git and attached the crashlog.