Kodi Community Forum
Animated Movie Posters - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Animated Movie Posters (/showthread.php?tid=215727)

RE: Animated Movie Posters - movie78 - 2016-11-06

(2016-11-05, 16:44)mouflo Wrote: @blueeyiz702 Good job !

Image Image

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

RE: Animated Movie Posters - zorg2000k - 2016-11-06

Image Image

Very nice as always. thanks

RE: Animated Movie Posters - blueeyiz702 - 2016-11-10

Image Image

Thanks mouflo appreciate it,there are so many but i'm almost done. I've got over 400 animated posters on web page and the
ones i could resize and take some of writing i have done. Posters resized to 320*500 and backgrounds will be 500*281.

RE: Animated Movie Posters - blueeyiz702 - 2016-11-10

Image Image

resized at 320*500 if you want to see want i have finished so far you can look here, http://blueeyiz702.wixsite.com/posters/animated-posters

RE: Animated Movie Posters - chongwho - 2016-11-14

Is there a way to automatically rescan my library and update all the posters with animated ones if there is an animated one available?

RE: Animated Movie Posters - Mike_Doc - 2016-11-14

@chongwho,

you have to use a skin which uses the skin.helper addon and also uses the aminated gif calls in that addon. You need to check your skin does both and if not ask the skin owner if they are planning to implement it. Sometimes it is controlled by swtiches so check the skin settings and see if there is anything connected to skin helper / animated posters.

If your skin does do this then you can check in your /thumbnails folder and there should be a /anitmatedgifs folder. This is where the addon will download any available posters for your films, BUT your films have to be scrapped correctly as a unique id is used to find the posters, not the films name and this is assigned when movies are scrapped, think it's either the IMDB or TMDB id can't remember.

If you have that folder and images in it but no animated posters in Kodi then either the current skin doesn't support it and you've used another in the past that does, or the current skin has switches that are currently off

RE: Animated Movie Posters - litfoo - 2016-11-14

(2016-11-14, 11:16)Mike_Doc Wrote: This is where the addon will download any available posters for your films, BUT your films have to be scrapped correctly as a unique id is used to find the posters, not the films name and this is assigned when movies are scrapped, think it's either the IMDB or TMDB id can't remember.

Thanks for this Mike_Doc

how to ensure the movies are being scraped correctly, to generate the correct ID.?

RE: Animated Movie Posters - bubblegum57 - 2016-11-14

(2016-11-14, 15:24)litfoo Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 11:16)Mike_Doc Wrote: This is where the addon will download any available posters for your films, BUT your films have to be scrapped correctly as a unique id is used to find the posters, not the films name and this is assigned when movies are scrapped, think it's either the IMDB or TMDB id can't remember.

Thanks for this Mike_Doc

how to ensure the movies are being scraped correctly, to generate the correct ID.?

I have been using MQ7 (Jarvis) for sometime. I do not have individual movies in their own folders. The gifs "just appeared" I have done nothing, to get them.

RE: Animated Movie Posters - mouflo - 2016-11-15

THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER'S WAR US, FR, GER, Clean

Image Image

Image Image

RE: Animated Movie Posters - Fail$tyle420 - 2016-11-15

(2016-11-14, 15:48)bubblegum57 Wrote:

Thanks for this Mike_Doc

I have been using MQ7 (Jarvis) for sometime. I do not have individual movies in their own folders. The gifs "just appeared" I have done nothing, to get them.

I believe the addon skinhelper is what downloads them automatically for you.

RE: Animated Movie Posters - Fail$tyle420 - 2016-11-15

Thanks for this Mike_Doc

Name your movies correctly so kodi gets the right movie or use an external media manager to create nfos and never have to worry about it again.

RE: Animated Movie Posters - movie78 - 2016-11-16

(2016-11-15, 21:54)mouflo Wrote: THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER'S WAR US, FR, GER, Clean

Image Image

Image Image

Even though you release a tutorial your work is still the best.

Thanks again!!

RE: Animated Movie Posters - mouflo - 2016-11-17

The Secret Life O f Pets us, fr, ger, clean

Image Image

Image Image

RE: Animated Movie Posters - litfoo - 2016-11-17

awesome as ever mouflo

any chance of a set for 'Kubo and the Two Strings' ?

RE: Animated Movie Posters - rschiks - 2016-11-17

Love it!