Kodi Community Forum
Release script.skinshortcuts - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: Release script.skinshortcuts (/showthread.php?tid=178294)

RE: script.skinshortcuts - Marcdaddy - 2015-11-07

Oh sweet, we have a Buy me a Beer link over at VpUniverse, my other expensive hobby Digital Pinball Machines Smile Thanks for the link to that im going to send him a thank you.

RE: script.skinshortcuts - johnj - 2015-11-07

hi

the skin shortcut script is located under system, select system then select system again at the bottom, then select orphaned t dependencies
the skin shortcut script is enabled but you can not disable or uninstall it, .is there a away i can delete something in the file to prevent update.
once i plug stick in and gets the skin shortcut update the stick gets all mest up.if i reprogram stick it does the same thing,i tried deleting the skin shortcut script
on my computer then program stick but all custom menus are lost any suggestings thanks

RE: script.skinshortcuts - Marcdaddy - 2015-11-07

If you download the new Zip file https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts it works just fine. Just choose install from Zip and select where its hosting from. You can also unzip it and replace the actual folder on the stick thru ADB fire for instance and it will work as well.

RE: script.skinshortcuts - User 224999 - 2015-11-07

(2015-11-07, 21:35)johnj Wrote: hi

the skin shortcut script is located under system, select system then select system again at the bottom, then select orphaned t dependencies
the skin shortcut script is enabled but you can not disable or uninstall it, .is there a away i can delete something in the file to prevent update.
once i plug stick in and gets the skin shortcut update the stick gets all mest up.if i reprogram stick it does the same thing,i tried deleting the skin shortcut script
on my computer then program stick but all custom menus are lost any suggestings thanks

You have to wait a few days untill the update hits the repo. You have some custom repo installed which includes a broken version of the skinshortcuts script. One other way is to manually download the good version of the script and install by zip.

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/archive/master.zip

thanks for the help

when the new 6.6 version comes out will it put the stick back to my custom or will i have to reprogram the stick
also the stick is showing a log on the screen that will not go away even if i watch something on kodi. my friend called me
and his als has log stays on.i guess when it sees the error it tries to log it to send to kodi but the log does not go away

is there any way to get the log, off the screen thanks again

RE: script.skinshortcuts - BobCratchett - 2015-11-07

On Isengard/Jarvis, press shift+ctrl+d to disable debug logging, otherwise disable it from Settings -> System -> Debugging -> toggle the Enable debug logging setting.

(This is an issue I've seen a couple of times now. In the most recent Skin Shortcuts version we have changed how Kodi debug logging is enabled/disabled when a menu build error occurs from doing it via json to doing it via the new ToggleDebug built-in function - this new method doesn't seem to be disabling correctly in several cases, so it may be worth switching back to get consistent behaviour.)

If you have manually installed the git version you now have 0.6.6, so nothing will happen for you when the new version comes out.

hi

the skin shortcut script is located in two sections of kodi

its under ADDONS and also under USER DATA ADDON DATA section
do i just replace the one under ADDONS and do i have to delete the user data ,addon data one

thanks again

The one in the userdata/addon_data folder contains your custom menus. Don't touch this (unless someone has specifically told you to edit some files within, which is unlikely! Wink). Replace the one in the addons folder - this is the script itself, rather than its data.

@tomer953 - did you push Skin Shortcut 0.6.5 to the kodisreal.co.il repository (I believe that's where your skin is held - and if I'm wrong, I apologise!) If so, can you please update to 0.6.6 - the latest git version - ASAP. Cheers Smile

Edit-: Ignore this. I've contacted the kodisreal repo people via git and they have updated the skin shortcuts version, so hopefully that's this issue finally behind us Smile

RE: script.skinshortcuts - Marcdaddy - 2015-11-08

Man this thread has been the most exciting thing of my day lol! Thanks for all the hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: script.skinshortcuts - User 224999 - 2015-11-08

Script has just been updated on the official Kodi repo (thanks Ronie).

RE: script.skinshortcuts - BobCratchett - 2015-11-08

Thank christ for that! Thanks to marcelveldt for your responsiveness in dealing with the issue, and Ronie for getting the fixed version of the script out to all affected.

RE: script.skinshortcuts - bsoriano - 2015-11-08

Good evening,

I have an issue in that I cannot select any of my video playlists to add as menu items. I am running Kodi Jarvis (nightly dated November 6th), skin.arctic.zephyr.braz, and the latest skin.shortcuts from Git, as well as the latest skin helper script from Git. I am also running the Emby for Kodi addon, latest Git version.

The playlists just do not appear, when adding a menu option and I go to Video Library > Playlists, the list is empty. Is there any other configuration and/or script that is needed in order to use video playlists as shortcuts? Is there any additional information I could provide you to track down the issue? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Enable Skin Shortcuts own debug logging (on Isengard and up its under Setting -> Addons -> System -> Dependancies (or Orphaned Dependancies depending on the skin). Then go into the menu management dialog before providing a debug log (wiki) - that will show what issues the script had loading your playlists.

As Marcelveldt reported, the script has now been updated to version 0.6.6 on the repo. For more details, see the documentation included on git - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/blob/master/README.md - but the new changes for skinners are as follows:-

* Ability to include multiple $SKINSHORTCUT[] elements and other text in an element when using templates
* Ability to assign menu item ID to a property when using templates
* New addon-program-plugin for groupings and related widget-selection support
* More options for setting a custom property
* New 'Just Select Widget' method
* Behaviour change - skin will now ask users to edit widgetName after setting widget
* Ability to use a Management Dialog buttonID to set custom property
* Label change - GUI 308's label (32028) has changed from "Reset shortcuts" to "Restore shortcuts" to highlight additional functionality
* Remove requirement to include an <action> element and the group= attribute in a global action override.
* Behaviour change - when overriding actions, any visibility condition specified in the .DATA.xml file or by an additional shortcut will still be applied to the shortcut