Possibility to hide or disable timer/record fonction/record history
Hi,

I'm using NextPVR among 2 kodi devices. I would like to disable or hide all related record/timer functions in LiveTV in one of them.

Is is possible? Did not see it in GUI. Maybe in editing a file?

Have a nice day!

-Eric
This can be controlled by the addon or core but it is code note a file.   I am thinking of ideas for pvr.nextpvr for Kodi 22 and will consider an expert setting for this.  When you say record would you still want to see recordings since I foresee an issue with in-progress recordings?

Martin
Maybe something simple as an option to disabling all record related, like

Disable all timers functions, including abilty to add/modify
Disable also the record history, i.e no playback.

Just plain TV channel access.

My case: I'm using record functions. My son lives elsewhere and I give him access remotely to NextPVR. I do not want him to messing around with recordings. He also not interested to see our recorded stuff.

-Eric
No idea about NextPVR, with tvheadend you would define to different users in the backend, one with access to recordings, one without. One kodi instance then users user 1, the other user 2. nothing that needs to be done in the addon.
As an addition, I would say with TVheadend, every user has their own recordings or timers.
Thanks for the input. I tried TVHeadend. I'm sticking with NextPVR :-)
(2024-04-24, 18:59)ksooo Wrote: No idea about NextPVR, with tvheadend you would define to different users in the backend, one with access to recordings, one without. One kodi instance then users user 1, the other user 2. nothing that needs to be done in the addon.

@ksooo are reminders instance or user based?   I don't see how to stop a user from stealing a tuner if they leave Kodi the reminder popup options set.

@estarna we can continue the discussion on the NextPVR forum, if you want to test the change.
Interested to follow that topic to see what devs have to say about it.

@MVP available for testing. Will join you on NPVR Forums.

-Eric
(2024-04-25, 18:06)emveepee Wrote:
(2024-04-24, 18:59)ksooo Wrote: No idea about NextPVR, with tvheadend you would define to different users in the backend, one with access to recordings, one without. One kodi instance then users user 1, the other user 2. nothing that needs to be done in the addon.

@ksooo are reminders instance or user based?   I don't see how to stop a user from stealing a tuner if they leave Kodi the reminder popup options set.

@estarna we can continue the discussion on the NextPVR forum, if you want to test the change.

Not sure i understand the question. Not even how this is related to the topic of this thread. A reminder is set for a program provided by a certain addon instance. So it is related to the backen user configured for that addon instance. If kodi is not running no reminders can be fired, no recordings scheduled.
I was meaning a user could keep Kodi open, leave the house,  and when a reminder comes up it would start playing live TV and nothing the backend host admin can do about it if for example the user is remote.  Restarting the server just restarts the reminder.   I did test and it won't trigger a recording when recordings are disabled.

It is a standard role so I was not sure how to prevent a user from setting this in the PVR Settings GUI. 

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possibility to hide or disable timer/record fonction/record history0