• 4(current)
[split] Kodi v21 "Omega" Stable Release - Issues Discussions
thanks for the reply and help.
I deleted database 131, I uninstalled kodi 21 completely; installed kodi 20.5, started it, activated debugging and exited (log of version 20.5 https://paste.kodi.tv/vovaquzida.kodi); installed kodi 21, started and performed database migration.
Unfortunately it's the same as before.
and the log of version 21 once the migration is complete. https://paste.kodi.tv/dihidivutu.kodi
any other suggestions?
thanks
hello, thanks, I created logs while the problem was occurring
https://paste.kodi.tv/popaxudapi
(2024-04-08, 18:38)keyoflife Wrote: any other suggestions?
Per previous message, find and remove the duplicate(s) before attempting another migration. Or restart from scratch.
With v20.5 running, maybe the library export / wipe db / library import would fix things. It's not meant for that but may do the trick. Backup your files first.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-04-08, 20:09)martairafal Wrote: hello, thanks, I created logs while the problem was occurring
https://paste.kodi.tv/popaxudapi
Do you have debug mode enabled in Settings>System>Logging?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I didn't have a sunny league debugging with debugging on
https://paste.kodi.tv/obinuxojut
(2024-04-08, 08:14)keyoflife Wrote: Hi everyone. I'm here to describe my problem. I updated from Kodi 20.5 to 21 and the biggest problem I encountered is that it no connects to my database on mariadb on Synology NAS (it works fine on 20.5)
what else could I check? Thanks for your suggestions and help

Thanks for the log.  Not a SQL guy, but looking I see
Code:
Mysql execute: CREATE TABLE videoversion (idFile INTEGER PRIMARY KEY auto_increment , idMedia INTEGER, mediaType TEXT, itemType INTEGER, idType INTEGER) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

Mysql execute: INSERT INTO videoversion SELECT idFile, idMovie, 'movie', '0', '40400' FROM movie

error <general>: SQL: [MyVideos131] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062) Query: INSERT INTO videoversion SELECT idFile, idMovie, 'movie', '0', '40400' FROM movie

suggests to me that in the existing Kodi video database ver 121 "movie" table there are "idFile" values that are not unique which AFAIK is a constraint when the new "videoversion" table is created with "idFile" as a PRIMARY KEY.

I don't think the old "movie" table should ever have 2 movies pointing to the same "idFile"?  Seems like maybe something glitched in the past only becomes evident when attempting to migrate the existing 121 db.

Sorry don't have a way out of it without using a tool like HeidiSQL to dig around in the database.  (and I might be totally off base on this any way).  I notice you had something called program.RockClean installed in your prior log.  Don't have any experience with this addon, but if you used this to "clean" your video database in the past, that's something to consider.

scott s.
(2024-04-08, 11:34)davorf Wrote: Hello!

That's what I've tried to do (installing on top of March Omega nightly) but it just says app not installed - I guess it doesn't want to install "older" version over "newer" one, even though official release is actually newer than nightly I have installed, but version numbers don't follow that logic. I'm using Kodi on Amazon Fire cube 3rd gen (Android), not Windows.

Best regards,
Davor

Don't really know Android. You might need to side-load it. Best to ask specifically in the Android support forum.

scott s.
You may need to uninstall Kodi first (keeping your data), reboot, then install Kodi.

I know that's the way to do it on the Shield TV when you want to downgrade Kodi.
thank you so much for your attempt to help me, but my knowledge of database administration is really poor, it is already a miracle that I managed to centralize the kodi database in the past.
I tried to use HeidiSQL but when trying the maintenance/repair tool I stopped at the message "the storage engine for the table doesn't support repair".
Since everything works for the moment with version 20.5 of Kodi, I just hope that this database migration problem will be resolved in the next Kodi updates.
Thanks again for trying to help me
@keyoflife the problem is in the contents of your database and won't be fixed by a future Kodi version. You have one or more records in the movie table that have the same idFile and that's not supported.

You can identify the duplicates with something like this:

SQL:

select * from movie
where idfile in (select idFile from movie group by idFile having count(idFile) > 1)
order by idFile;

Then remove them.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Missing info for 4K/UHD movies in Omega as seen below.  This appears to only occur with 4K/UHD movies.  I get this same result using the nfo file or having Kodi scrape the information for the movie

Screenshot from Nexus:

Same screen shot from Omega:

Below I have provide both the MediaInfo output for the Alita movie as well as the nfo file.

https://pastebin.com/0jziy8jg -- MediaInfo file for Alita

https://pastebin.com/zZyt7i83 -- nfo file for Alita
I had problems migrating as well. On a windows 11 machine running Kodi 20, I attempted the normal upgrade. Migration took over 15 minutes (I have a small database and in the past it would take just a few minutes). When completed, the only data that had been transferred was MUSIC. The Videos, TV Shows and TV information did not move to the new database.

After reading some of the comments I tried the following:
1) restored 20 from my backup file
2) within everything normal and correct I ran "clean database"
3) exported the database
4) uninstalled 20 and deleted all remnants
5) installed 21 with admin rights
6) imported the database from the save
THE RESULT HERE WAS ALL CATEGORIES REAPPEARED, HOWEVER MANY ITEMS WERE MISSING FROM ALL CATEGORIES
7) I did an update scan of all data
8) Most of the data was restored, however it was sorted in an unusual manner (not old to new or visa-versa just some random order) and still a few items were missing.
9) Uninstalled 21, deleted the folders and restored 20 from my backup

Log Here: https://paste.kodi.tv/alilitikey.kodi
Thanks for the update.
 I will try again my problem.
Did a clean installation on the Nvidia shield and now my category sets under movie is missing.
Thanks.
@doktourtv the log is not of debug level and doesn't have as much information.
Does it come from the original attempt or from one of your listed steps? It's weird that it's as if Kodi was upgrading from v19 (Matrix) and not v20.

The log you attached has signs of duplication in the movie table, similar to previous users:

Code:
SQL: [MyVideos131.db] SQLite error SQLITE_CONSTRAINT_PRIMARYKEY (UNIQUE constraint failed: videoversion.idFile)
Query: INSERT INTO videoversion SELECT idFile, idMovie, 'movie', '0', '40400' FROM movie (UNIQUE constraint failed: videoversion.idFile)

It blocks the normal database migration from v20.

Exporting db with v20 / importing with v21 has some risk. It's not well-tested or supported and I don't know if there were changes that impact the format.
However exporting with v20 / deleting video db / re-importing with v20 is supposed to work to create a cleaner v20 database. You're then in better shape to upgrade the db to v21.

4) what really matters is that ALL the myvideosxxx.db files are deleted. There must not be any left, or Kodi will attempt to migrate from whichever file you kept instead of starting a new video db from scratch.

6) a debug log of that execution of Kodi would give clues why some are missing. You'd have to give specific examples of missing items because it's no fun looking blind at a huge log file.

8) unusual sort: that would be the scan order in 7) again debug log would give clues why some are still missing.
*no, the only skin I utilize on my iMac for a user friendly \ intuitive interface that incorporates all my visual art & video is Aeon Nox Silvo since about 2018(and I did a clean install last month on the last Nexus release to get all my movie, music video & TV show thumbnails to present in the fashionI am accustomed to) ~ thank you for your thoughtful & considered outreach
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Kodi v21 "Omega" Stable Release - Issues Discussions0