Anyone else cant get DVD menus working since V19?
Hi. This one driving me nuts!
I cannot upgrade Kodi beyond v18.9 as DVD menus from iso. files will not work. Same problem when using Firestick, Linux PC or Windows PC. Seems something has changed in v19 that broke DVD menus.

Problem is that menu shows but no highlight icon is displayed to select menu items. Or for some isos, menu wont even show. Just returns to the Kodi file selection screen.

All problems are solved if I use v18.9 but I would rather update.

Has anyone solved this issue ?

all the best,
John
"for some isos, menu wont even show. Just returns to the Kodi file selection screen."

This problem is solved by enabling the setting "Attempt to skip introduction before DVD menu" setting. But the problem "menu shows but no highlight icon is displayed to select menu items." still exists.
Hi.  Are you playing DVD menus or BD (Blu-Ray Disc) menus?  V19 did not handle BD menus as well as more recent builds.  Try Kodi v20, 21, or 22.  I too use BD iso's and many work very well that didn't using older Kodi builds. 

That said, not all BD's are able to render menus.  Sometimes the main movie plays instead.  Other times it attempts to enter the BD menu but fails and returns a warning message that it can't display the menu.  In that case just select the main movie track instead of Show BluRay menu. 

You will need to enable the Setting 'Show simplified menu'.  That will give you the options of which track to play and/or Show BluRay menu.  I have never had a problem highlighting menu items when they are read from the BD disc fwiw.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
My problem is with regular DVDs not Bluray.
Problem solved 😊
Looked into the log file. I noticed that when I selected an iso ; kodi would also try read contents of folders that were in with the iso.

Solution was to not have any folders in with the iso files. I created a folder for each iso to store it there with its -poster.jpg file.
What are the differences in handling DVD menus and Blu-Ray (BD) menus in various versions of Kodi, particularly in relation to Kodi v19 and more recent builds, and how can users address issues with BD menus not displaying properly?
I was able to re-install Matrix 20.5 and my ISOs are working again.  

How can I set kodi to NOT automatically Update ??   Is there a setting to stop this from happening ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone else cant get DVD menus working since V19?0