Poll: Which case design(s) do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Design 1
1.85%
Design 2
9.26%
Design 3
14.81%
Design 4
27.78%
Design 5
24.07%
Design 6
22.22%
Total
54 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

Vote on the new Raspberry Pi 5 Kodi Edition case
Kodi edition ones are not going to go up for pre-order. Plan is to just make them available when they are available.
(2024-01-23, 08:58)natethomas Wrote: Kodi edition ones are not going to go up for pre-order. Plan is to just make them available when they are available.

Cheers! Do you know if we are talking weeks or months?  I wonder if i have to buy a stock one, while i wait.
(2024-01-24, 22:36)Radiosilence Wrote:
(2024-01-23, 08:58)natethomas Wrote: Kodi edition ones are not going to go up for pre-order. Plan is to just make them available when they are available.

Cheers! Do you know if we are talking weeks or months?  I wonder if i have to buy a stock one, while i wait.
Guessing not months, but this is a very difficult time to make guesses. Chinese New Year means any manufacturing that happens in February can get tricky, timing-wise. I'd say hope for weeks, but plan on a month or two? Could be either one. Smile
(2024-01-30, 02:52)natethomas Wrote:

Guessing not months, but this is a very difficult time to make guesses. Chinese New Year means any manufacturing that happens in February can get tricky, timing-wise. I'd say hope for weeks, but plan on a month or two? Could be either one. Smile

Alright, thx for the honest response. much appreciated Smile
(2024-01-30, 02:52)natethomas Wrote:

It looks like they might be able to be ordered now on the Flirc website.  Do you know if they will support any NVME hats with SSDs ?

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I ordered one of the new Flirc Raspberry Pi 5 cases yesterday and will try it with an NVME hat to see if it fits.  The case should arrive in a few days.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
That's not the one with kodi design.
(2024-02-13, 22:37)Radiosilence Wrote: That's not the one with kodi design.

Thanks for clarifying.  You are quite correct.  I will see if the current version works with an NVME hat.  I realize the hats are different.  I am using a Geekworm X1001 hat.

Jeff
(2024-02-13, 12:26)jbinkley60 Wrote: I ordered one of the new Flirc Raspberry Pi 5 cases yesterday and will try it with an NVME hat to see if it fits.  The case should arrive in a few days.

Jeff

I got the Flirc Raspberry Pi 5 case which doesn't require an active cooler.  It is a nice case and well made.  It is the original design and not the new one being voted on here note thought it is unlikely to work with many NVME hats due to the screw design between the bottom and the top to hold the case together.  If you want a fanless Raspberry Pi 5 case and you aren't going to use an NVME hat, I'd put this on my shortlist over the plastic standard cases.

Jeff
Hi, just wondering if it's getting close or there's been a setback?
(2024-04-04, 06:26)Radiosilence Wrote: Hi, just wondering if it's getting close or there's been a setback?

Sorry, just saw this. Definitely a setback. I helped with the original Kodi case, and just like that one, it's taking much, much longer than expected to get a good version from the factory. Explaining which parts we want painted, and what color of paint we want is just super painful. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vote on the new Raspberry Pi 5 Kodi Edition case0