Release Rapier 13.0.11 for Kodi 20 Nexus
(2023-02-14, 05:11)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Hi @Gade, would it be possible to add official support to Rapier for the new "PreShow Experience" add-on? This is a new fork of the previous CinemaVision add-on, now updated to work with Kodi 20 Nexus.

PSE looks interesting for me as well as a possible successor of Cinemavision.
But PSE is not in Kodi´s official Repo yet, therefore i would assume it is not yet "approved" by Team Kodi as a fully compatible Add-on.

But out of curiosity: Does PSE work under Nexus or Matrix? And what are you missing that makes you ask for Add-on support from Rapier??
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
(2023-02-18, 15:36)Gade Wrote:
(2023-02-14, 05:11)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Hi @Gade, would it be possible to add official support to Rapier for the new "PreShow Experience" add-on? This is a new fork of the previous CinemaVision add-on, now updated to work with Kodi 20 Nexus.

https://preshowexperience.com/files/file...di-add-on/
Hi @MidnightWatcher

Is this an official addon in the Kodi addon repo?
I can't find a forum post or anything about skin support.
Hi Gade, not yet but it's coming soon. (Edit: @Gade, per the PSE developer, all that should be needed is to change any script.cinemavision to script.preshowexperience in the skin).

@Reelyator It's for Kodi 20 Nexus and is the replacement for CinemaVision, which is no longer being updated to work with Kodi 20.

In Kodi 19 Matrix there is a "CinemaVision" option in the pop-up / context menu when I click Play on a title and it asks me what I want to do (eg. Play, Resume, etc). Would like this to include "PreShow Experience" for Nexus when the PSE add-on is installed. Other requirements would be to hide the loading/busy/buffering dialogs during the sequence but Rapier already has that part taken care of, at least in the skin for Kodi 19/18. (I haven't installed Kodi 20 Nexus and PSE yet since I'm on vacation until next week but look forward to giving everything a go once I'm back).

Gade was among the first to officially support CinemaVision if I recall correctly and I've been using Rapier ever since, seems fitting to see it among the first to officially support PSE for Kodi 20 as well. 🙂
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
@Gade any time frame for the next version?
Hi @flavict

No time frame right now.
I'm extremely busy these months.

The skin is absolutely not dead, and I'm still both maintaining and developing it.
@MidnightWatcher
That sounds pretty basic and just like a search/replace.

I'm a little hesitant adding an addon that is not yet in the official tepo.

Is CinemaVision not maintained or not working anymore?
(2023-04-01, 09:11)Gade Wrote: ...Is CinemaVision not maintained or not working anymore?

No. Afaik CF is dead. But the team behind CV seems to hve transfered to PSE completely. Pls don´t ask me for the reason behind that.
I would agree with @MidnightWatcher that PSE is a full successor / replacement for CV.
Reelyator is correct, CV is being fully replaced by PSE. It's "soft launched" right now and once @Savant feels it's ready it'll be submitted for admission to the official Kodi repo (imho it's ready now). 😀
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2023-03-03, 20:21)flavict Wrote: @Gade any time frame for the next version?
@flavict  I am guessing like me you are waiting for the fix for the EDL issue i have been tracking this thread since about 2 days after you first posted. The other night i spent some time to find a work around.

I have removed the below text from line 4 of "Kodi\addons\skin.rapier\720p\DialogSeekBar.xml"

Code:
Player.HasSceneMarkers] + ![Window.IsVisible(VideoOSD) |

I have not seen any negative side affects of this change but cannot guarantee it does not affect something i don't use.
Sounds great, guys.

I'll replace cinemavision with preshowexperience for Kodi Nexus.

Thanks!
(2023-04-01, 17:44)Fly_monk Wrote:
(2023-03-03, 20:21)flavict Wrote: @Gade any time frame for the next version?
@flavict  I am guessing like me you are waiting for the fix for the EDL issue i have been tracking this thread since about 2 days after you first posted. The other night i spent some time to find a work around.

I have removed the below text from line 4 of "Kodi\addons\skin.rapier\720p\DialogSeekBar.xml"

Code:
Player.HasSceneMarkers] + ![Window.IsVisible(VideoOSD) |

I have not seen any negative side affects of this change but cannot guarantee it does not affect something i don't use.

This has been fixed in the latest version.

I'll put out a new development version today.
Rapier v13.0.14 includes all fixes and support for script.preshowexperience.
@Gade
I have installed Rapier v13.0.14 everything working good

Thanks for the fix
Sounds great, thanks.

A Humble request to the developer: If possible , please add the the time-duration of the video along with other info icons  (preferably at the start or last) . The size of the files is already listed along with the title of the video; the time duration info could be added as the first item where the info icons are placed i.e. before the Blu-ray icon in the screen shot above.
Video 
Hi Gade!

Out of curiosity as i am just working my way through the various options in TMM (Tiny Media Manager):
Does your skin benefit from using discart in the movie section?

Up to now i could not find any view type that uses disc.png in the movie folder....
I also use TMM however Rapier has almost all of my movies showing as Rated R, even when they're not. The nfo created by TMM shows the correct rating so not sure why Rapier shows R.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 13.0.11 for Kodi 20 Nexus0