• 3(current)
Beta Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection
Quote:Can you post an image about this "blank space"? To be honest I don't know what is the problem and I must to see it
This is Matrix

This is Leia

I just reduced the height of the dialog.
I tested your mod and there are some issues:
* widgets --> aspect ratio: I can see no difference between "Landscape" and "Small Landscape"
* LiveTV-OSD:
   - missing Episodename, Episode- and SeasonNumber
   - Teletext-Button is missing
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2021-06-04, 09:59)iphonenexus Wrote:
Quote:Can you post an image about this "blank space"? To be honest I don't know what is the problem and I must to see it
This is Matrix

This is Leia

I just reduced the height of the dialog.

Thanks, your fix is committed.
(2021-06-04, 03:35)Silent Knight Wrote: something I come across a lot in AZ2 threads all over, was it not having a power exit on install on the menu, not hard to add it through settings, but the issue i picked up from people was that they needed to exit to google videos of how to configure.
So I added it, so when its installed it puts power on the menu with a direct quit out function.

Might be something to add since it had many requests

skin.arctic.zephyr.2.heppen.mod\shortcuts
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qux37w2bl...A.xml/file 

p.s forgive spelling and grammar, neurological dyslectic so edit a lot.

Added "Power menu" entry to main menu on initial setup Smile
(2021-06-04, 10:18)Solo0815 Wrote: I tested your mod and there are some issues:
* widgets --> aspect ratio: I can see no difference between "Landscape" and "Small Landscape"
* LiveTV-OSD:

Hey, thanks for your feedback!
Would you like to show me how LiveTV OSD should looks like in your opinion? Smile I need an image or better explanation. Is it was in original Arctic Zephyr 2?

About aspect ratio I will take a look on it. And I will see how much I can do with it Smile
(2021-06-04, 14:28)nfm886 Wrote:
* LiveTV-OSD:

Would you like to show me how LiveTV OSD should looks like in your opinion? Smile I need an image or better explanation. Is it was in original Arctic Zephyr 2?

About aspect ratio I will take a look on it. And I will see how much I can do with it Smile

For instance.
If using catchup/timeshift it doesn't show how much time it skips after pressing a button.
On smaller screen it doesn't show full show title when just watching and pressing OK.
Thanks for your work.
its a massive undertaking and greatly appreciated that you are taking it on. JM and Pk pretty much said the coed had change a lot over its life and the amount of code to go through is massive.
wish I knew python, hopefully others with Python skills can come forward and maybe add and fix parts and can post here so it can be quickly added to make a more open source build.
with what I was doing was making it lite stripping it back as my metadata is local.
my hates off to you and i am very grateful for you taking it up. as i play with things if any is helpful i shall post it so if it is worth anything you can quickly copy it in. happy to help where I can.

hopeful those with Python skills come forward to help you out.
(2021-06-04, 07:23)iphonenexus Wrote:
Quote:Hey, For now I rolled back changes for ratings to avoid performance regress until I find a better approach to fix it... Maybe this evening I will push an update.
Performance is better now. Shame it had to come at cost of ratings. Maybe you'll find a better approach that issue.

Regarding the manage menu in DialogVideoInfo, I played around with the code and <param name="height" value="265" /> seems ideal to me to tackle the blank space. As I said earlier, in Kodi 18 that space was occupied by Artwork Beef options but in Matrix, no other addon uses that space (unless I'm unaware of such addon).

Hey, ratings should be now fixed Smile
(2021-06-05, 01:11)Driver007 Wrote:
(2021-06-04, 14:28)nfm886 Wrote:
* LiveTV-OSD:

For instance.
If using catchup/timeshift it doesn't show how much time it skips after pressing a button.
On smaller screen it doesn't show full show title when just watching and pressing OK.
Thanks for your work.
Thanks for your feedback! I will take a closer look on it.
For the catchup/timeshift feature it's should be really needed to add so I will do it.
I can't say about smaller screen since I can't even test on it because my all displays are full hd :/ I will think what can I do with it.
(2021-06-05, 06:41)Silent Knight Wrote: its a massive undertaking and greatly appreciated that you are taking it on. JM and Pk pretty much said the coed had change a lot over its life and the amount of code to go through is massive.
wish I knew python, hopefully others with Python skills can come forward and maybe add and fix parts and can post here so it can be quickly added to make a more open source build.
with what I was doing was making it lite stripping it back as my metadata is local.
my hates off to you and i am very grateful for you taking it up. as i play with things if any is helpful i shall post it so if it is worth anything you can quickly copy it in. happy to help where I can.

hopeful those with Python skills come forward to help you out.

Thanks! I'm trying doing my best to keep it alive. My skills are limited since I'm still learning to Kodi skinning Tongue
(2021-06-05, 08:42)nfm886 Wrote:
(2021-06-04, 07:23)iphonenexus Wrote:
Quote:Hey, For now I rolled back changes for ratings to avoid performance regress until I find a better approach to fix it... Maybe this evening I will push an update.
Performance is better now. Shame it had to come at cost of ratings. Maybe you'll find a better approach that issue.

Regarding the manage menu in DialogVideoInfo, I played around with the code and <param name="height" value="265" /> seems ideal to me to tackle the blank space. As I said earlier, in Kodi 18 that space was occupied by Artwork Beef options but in Matrix, no other addon uses that space (unless I'm unaware of such addon).

Just checked and yep the ratings are fixed in listings. The skin still doesn't feel as smooth as it felt on Leia, but I like to have ratings so I'm fine with slight performance loss. Apart from that, the ratings still don't appear on the movie widgets. In fact, this update took away ratings on tv show widgets. But I'm glad things are improving
(2021-06-05, 10:22)iphonenexus Wrote:
(2021-06-05, 08:42)nfm886 Wrote:
(2021-06-04, 07:23)iphonenexus Wrote: Performance is better now. Shame it had to come at cost of ratings. Maybe you'll find a better approach that issue.

Just checked and yep the ratings are fixed in listings. The skin still doesn't feel as smooth as it felt on Leia, but I like to have ratings so I'm fine with slight performance loss. Apart from that, the ratings still don't appear on the movie widgets. In fact, this update took away ratings on tv show widgets. But I'm glad things are improving

According to that little slugginesh, it's only appear when you are in DialogVideoInfo and online information is loading. After everything is loaded you can go back and there should not be any slugginesh or performance regress like before. I'm still working to improve that slowdowns in DialogVideoInfo. I have some ideas but it needs to be implemented Smile I hope with every update everything will be better and better Smile
For comparison to Leia, there is a lot of legacy code which needs to be rewrite. We need a bit of time to make everything works perfect ^^

"Apart from that, the ratings still don't appear on the movie widgets. In fact, this update took away ratings on tv show widgets. But I'm glad things are improving" - I will take a closer look on it. I know some bugs so ratings still need to be improved. But we are closer to that than before ^^
Thumbs Up 
I just would like to thank you your great work! I was searching the successor of the AZ2 and now I found your Mod. It is a great work and I hope you will continue it. 
I am using it on CE and it is working smoothly and it seems faster than the original AZ2 was on Leia.
If you have more time maybe you can create new look for the movies and for the music, maybe combine the info wall from this skin and the shelf3D from Aeon tajo. Smile But of course this is not an important modification. Smile
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi
(2021-06-05, 11:23)Aldebaran Wrote: I just would like to thank you your great work! I was searching the successor of the AZ2 and now I found your Mod. It is a great work and I hope you will continue it. 
I am using it on CE and it is working smoothly and it seems faster than the original AZ2 was on Leia.
If you have more time maybe you can create new look for the movies and for the music, maybe combine the info wall from this skin and the shelf3D from Aeon tajo. Smile But of course this is not an important modification. Smile

Thanks for your feedback and few nice words! Smile
I'm thinking about adding a new Home Layout and maybe I will consider adding new look for the movies and music Smile
(2021-06-05, 10:48)nfm886 Wrote:
(2021-06-05, 10:22)iphonenexus Wrote:
(2021-06-05, 08:42)nfm886 Wrote: Hey, ratings should be now fixed Smile

According to that little slugginesh, it's only appear when you are in DialogVideoInfo and online information is loading. After everything is loaded you can go back and there should not be any slugginesh or performance regress like before. I'm still working to improve that slowdowns in DialogVideoInfo. I have some ideas but it needs to be implemented Smile I hope with every update everything will be better and better Smile
For comparison to Leia, there is a lot of legacy code which needs to be rewrite. We need a bit of time to make everything works perfect ^^

"Apart from that, the ratings still don't appear on the movie widgets. In fact, this update took away ratings on tv show widgets. But I'm glad things are improving" - I will take a closer look on it. I know some bugs so ratings still need to be improved. But we are closer to that than before ^^

Yep. This mod has made great progress and you've done fine job with it. Smile Now that it's in active maintenance I'm excited to your tweaks and additions.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection0